Why did the last Burg vs Zane Trace Post get locked????

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Why did the last Burg vs Zane Trace Post get locked????

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Well I think the trace are fine folks up there in Chillicothe. They bring one fine terrific team to waverly. The wheelersburg pirates will bring their rough and tough squad up there to knock off those rascals. The pigskin sure will fly around Friday. Gee o willickers this will be one super duper game.
By golly I think you are right. I am completely in agreement with your analysis of this pigskin match.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Original is back up. Just will be monitored closer with individual warnings/bans if needed.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

P(irate) wrote:
wobycat wrote:Well I think the trace are fine folks up there in Chillicothe. They bring one fine terrific team to waverly. The wheelersburg pirates will bring their rough and tough squad up there to knock off those rascals. The pigskin sure will fly around Friday. Gee o willickers this will be one super duper game.
By golly I think you are right. I am completely in agreement with your analysis of this pigskin match.
What's a willicker?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

FIDO wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
What's a willicker?
gee willikers
1.(US) Gee, gosh.
:shock: :D

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

d-5 wrote:
FIDO wrote:
P(irate) wrote: By golly I think you are right. I am completely in agreement with your analysis of this pigskin match.
What's a willicker?
gee willikers
1.(US) Gee, gosh.
:shock: :D
Thanks Webster. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I clicked on a page of that thread at random and the first few posts I saw were about Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and a nuke being dropped on Waverly. Obviously, none of those things are relevant to the game being played and I'm personally all for banter acts but a lot of those posts simply have no direction and (to put it bluntly) clog up a thread many people want to read for football/game-related insights only.

daggnabbit gang i'm just hearing about this nuke thingie. that's a lil too close for us folks over here in waverly. I'm hoping this is being reconsidered. I like the attempts by the staff, to make it for everybody. it is basically from what I saw new people who were being abusive you've never heard of. likely a former poster with a new name. I'd like to see this site great again. but I think we are getting a tad bit wound too tight here. the people who want to make this site great will. and the ones that abuse the privilege's are the ones who should the one's who need reprimanded, not every poster within a topic. I will say this about the moderation. it's seeming to me the moderation is all from one geographical region. but there are a couple names I don't recognize SO I could be wrong. seems we need a bit of moderation as well from the ironton/wheelersburg/rock hill/chesapeake area as well. because we don't want folks thinking us fellers down here in orange and black can't stomp n snort about our teams as well. and our rich histories. and the area I'm talking about has taken a lot of butt whoopings at the hands of the burgers/tigers. and we make up a major bulk of the members. and we need some representation from say further east like gallipolis. I'm not saying saturate the site with moderators. but spread it out some geographically. that way it doesn't seem like any discipline is something personal. I don't want to say something like for example==== ironton used to stomp a mudhole in Athens. and that get taken down. we're adults here.

my only involvement in this at all, is I had 1 comment taken down. it was in reference to the Jackson/Zanesville game. I made the comment my heart is with Jackson, my head says Zanesville. I by no means was showing any disrespect to Jackson. I was saying I think Zanesville may be the stronger and better battle tested team. but I definately want Jackson to advance. so we need to be careful what we take down that it does not get personal from a geographic perspective. it's not wrong to say something like from a burg fan who in a post say something like===== man my pirates mopped the floor with Jackson 38-0. that's just stating what actually happened that night.we would not take it personal down here if a Jackson/Athens poster said======man we stomped the tigers, what has happened to that program. we know we are playing the bigger teams, and we know theres a good chance we may get beat. but there's also a 50/50 chance we may win as well.that's why teams like burg/ironton schedule you all. so if something like that were taken down it would be perceived as personal. it's the people with 14 posts starting the horsecrap let's see it for what it is. I promise you there is not a person from burg who isn't rooting for Jackson because they were a common opponent. for us folks that blew our knees out, and spent the summer in a musty and smelly weightroom pushing iron and sweated n toiled while everybody else was swimming. and any and everything in between. it becomes a brotherhood of respect.it's like it's okay to fight me, but you dang skippy better leave my brother alone because I got his back. and I gar-on-tee you-you won't find a fighting tiger fan who is not a burg pirate fan this week, because we are brothers in pigskin.don't matter how long or how recent it's been since we spilt blood on the gridiron, it's a respect that lasts a lifetime. and when we shook your hand after a game win/lose it was sincere and out of respect. because they had earned it. so let us overweight, balding arthritic ridden ole farts play without having to stand against the wall at recess, ya'll will know when something gets outta hand. then those people are the ones that should be warned. if they continue to cause actual drama, or the like. shut em down for a couple weeks, if that don't work delete em. but I close by saying I have total respect for what mattash and the mods have done for this site past and present. but we can all play in this marble game here. we don't need any bullies stealing your favorite cat's eyes. YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I clicked on a page of that thread at random and the first few posts I saw were about Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and a nuke being dropped on Waverly. Obviously, none of those things are relevant to the game being played and I'm personally all for banter acts but a lot of those posts simply have no direction and (to put it bluntly) clog up a thread many people want to read for football/game-related insights only.

daggnabbit gang i'm just hearing about this nuke thingie. that's a lil too close for us folks over here in waverly. I'm hoping this is being reconsidered. I like the attempts by the staff, to make it for everybody. it is basically from what I saw new people who were being abusive you've never heard of. likely a former poster with a new name. I'd like to see this site great again. but I think we are getting a tad bit wound too tight here. the people who want to make this site great will. and the ones that abuse the privilege's are the ones who should the one's who need reprimanded, not every poster within a topic. I will say this about the moderation. it's seeming to me the moderation is all from one geographical region. but there are a couple names I don't recognize but I could be wrong. seems we need a bitof moderation as well from the ironton/wheelersburg area. because we don't want folks thinking us fellers down here in orange and black can't stomp n snort about our teams as well. and our rich histories. and the area I'm talking about has taken a lot of butt whoopings at the hands of the burgers/tigers. and we make up a major bulk of the members. and we need some representation from say further east like gallipolis. I'm not saying saturate the site with moderators. but spread it out some geographically. that way it doesn't seem like any discipline is something personal. I don't want to say something like for example, ironton used to stomp a mudhole in Athens. and that get taken down. we're adults here.

my only involvement in this at all, is I had 1 comment taken down. it was in reference to the Jackson/Zanesville game. I made the comment my heart is with Jackson, my head says Zanesville. I by no means was showing any disrespect to Jackson. I was saying I think Zanesville may be the stronger and better battle tested team. but I definately want Jackson to advance. so we need to be careful what we take down that it does not get personal from a geographic perspective. it's not wrong to say something like from a burg fan who in a post say something like. man my pirates mopped the floor with Jackson 38-0. that's just stating what actually happened that night. so if something like that were taken down it would be perceived as personal. it's the people with 14 posts starting the horsecrap let's see it for what it is. I promise you there is not a person from burg who isn't rooting for Jackson because they were a common opponent. for us fols that blew our knees out and sweated n toiled while everybody else was swimming. and any and everything in between. it becomes a brotherhood of respect. like it's okay to fight me, but you dang skippy better leave my brother alone. and I gar-on-tee you won't find a fighting tiger fan who is not a burg pirate fan this week, because we are brothers in pigskin.don't matter how long or how recent it's been since we spilt blood on the gridiron, it's a respect that lasts a lifetime. and when we shook your hand after a game win/lose it was sincere and out of respect. because they had earned it. so let us overweight, balding arthritic ridden ole farts play without having to stand against the wall at recess, ya'll will know when something gets outta hand. then those people are the ones that should be warned. if they continue to cause actual drama, or the like. shut em down for a couple weeks, if that don't work delete em. but I close by saying I have total respect for what mattash and the mods have done for this site past and present. but we can all play in this marble game here. we don't need any bullies stealing your favorite cat's eyes. YTB.
Wow! That's a long ramble about something lol

The thread was unlocked last night so you are a little late to the party.

Secondly, nothing I do as a moderator is out of spite or malice to any other school or poster. We have a job to do. I do the best I can, and it is not fun doing it. I've been told that I am doing a good job by Mattash and some of the older members.

If everyone would follow the rules we wouldn't have to do the things you guys complain about.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

orange you are my friend.and have been 10 years, and I enjoy reading your posts. and I had no idea who locked what, and frankly could care less. if I had something to say to anybody here. then I shoot straight from the hip. I'd address that person 1st in a pm. again I state I had no idea who locked a topic. and otherwise stand behind everything I said. ya'll are doing a great job and ole bait appreciates it. I understand that it must be very time consuming, and frankly I would not want to do it myself. I thought about asking mattash years ago if he needed any help in that area, and changed my mind.just take the content of my post for just what it is. I meant nothing more or nothing less by it. in fact you should appreciate the fact I was praising the staff for the direction the site was taking. because it was thugs that took it down that famous ole creek. it's much better now.and as far as people complaing, you ain't hearing any of it from me, and that's a fact.

and further more if you were offended in any way. and you can't get any more open than this. as people see it all across the country. then I hope you'll accept my very humble, sincere apology. because I truly never meant to.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

orange you are my friend.and have been 10 years, and I enjoy reading your posts. and I had no idea who locked what, and frankly could care less. if I had something to say to anybody here. then I shoot straight from the hip. I'd address that person 1st in a pm. again I state I had no idea who locked a topic. and otherwise stand behind everything I said. ya'll are doing a great job and ole bait appreciates it. I understand that it must be very time consuming, and frankly I would not want to do it myself. I thought about asking mattash years ago if he needed any help in that area, and changed my mind.just take the content of my post for just what it is. I meant nothing more or nothing less by it. in fact you should appreciate the fact I was praising the staff for the direction the site was taking. because it was thugs that took it down that famous ole creek. it's much better now.and as far as people complaing, you ain't hearing any of it from me, and that's a fact.

and further more if you were offended in any way. and you can't get any more open than this. as people see it all across the country. then I hope you'll accept my very humble, sincere apology. because I truly never meant to.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:orange you are my friend.and have been 10 years, and I enjoy reading your posts. and I had no idea who locked what, and frankly could care less. if I had something to say to anybody here. then I shoot straight from the hip. I'd address that person 1st in a pm. again I state I had no idea who locked a topic. and otherwise stand behind everything I said. ya'll are doing a great job and ole bait appreciates it. I understand that it must be very time consuming, and frankly I would not want to do it myself. I thought about asking mattash years ago if he needed any help in that area, and changed my mind.just take the content of my post for just what it is. I meant nothing more or nothing less by it. in fact you should appreciate the fact I was praising the staff for the direction the site was taking. because it was thugs that took it down that famous ole creek. it's much better now.and as far as people complaing, you ain't hearing any of it from me, and that's a fact.

Their is the Bait we all know and love.
No need to apologize buddy.
Let's keep making this site great!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm still the same ole feller. fat n sassy. and love the lord. I ain't went nowhere.

Return to “Football”