small powerhouse schools

Thanos
Freshman Team

Re: small powerhouse schools

Post by Thanos »

Coldwater does not have pee wee football. The tradition of hard work, team, and winning is all over Coldwater. Drive to that small farm town and you will America at its finest. Three sports they value. Football, Wrestling, Bowling.

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

I guess I should call my cousins and tell them to quit lying about coaching youth football at Coldwater. since it don't exist lol

obschwie
Waterboy

Post by obschwie »

Spamoony wrote:I guess I should call my cousins and tell them to quit lying about coaching youth football at Coldwater playing football. since it don't exist lol
You should make that call unless they are referring to Coldwater, Michigan. They may be referring to what us Americans call "soccer".

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Spamoony wrote:
obschwie wrote:
Westfan wrote:
Are you certain of this? MAC football was a topic on JJHUDDLE a while back and I thought they said they did have youth football.
100% positive.

You are 100% wrong. they have 5th&6th league just like Burg. no more than 12-13 kids per team (like Burg).... oh and no daddies coaching (like Burg)
Given this yhen you would have to say youth programs have little to no impact. (Burg) is doing the same thing with youth programs these powerhouses are and (Burg) can not compete with these programs year in/year out.

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

Spamoony wrote:I guess I should call my cousins and tell them to quit lying about coaching youth football at Coldwater. since it don't exist lol
Cold-water and Marion local do not have youth football. They start in 7th grade.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Pop-Warner ball is highly overrated. Far too many bad habits are formed that eventually have to be corrected by Jr. High and HS coaches.

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

billcox wrote:Pop-Warner ball is highly overrated. Far too many bad habits are formed that eventually have to be corrected by Jr. High and HS coaches.
Testify. Testify.

It's especially noticeable when trying to un-teach defensive linemen that "running around blocks to get to the ballcarrier" will get your a** kicked when you get to junior high or high school and actually play against kids/coaches who take the craft of Offensive Linemanship seriously.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Coldwater is real strong in baseball.

Return to “Football”