Freshman Team

IRONTON vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by tigerfan98 »

ANY THOUGHTS

caglewis
SEOP

Re: IRONTON vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by caglewis »

I intend to be sitting here at home in Ironton, listening to my radio, and posting an UPDATES game thread on here based on the descriptions I hear from the great announcers, J & K!
Unless, of course, Ironton Fighting Tigers games are no longer broadcast, my radio isn't working, or SEOPS moderators find my doing that objectionable.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This is one of the best openers in southern Ohio and is usually a hard hitting, close ballgame. I think Ironton has a strong advantage this year, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a very close game. It should be a great measuring stick for each team as far as season success goes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we sure gotta hold onto the ball better than friday's scrimmage br.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

And tackle better.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

This always a close to the vest game don't see it being high scoring for either team.
But it should be a well played game over all go Tigers

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

its always a great game. i think ironton is too big this year. In tanks, we have the advantage even if its not that big. Our defense held them to 6 points last year in Wheelersburg after a bad outing in coalgrove with tackling and defense period. Lutz will have them ready. Never overlook Wheelersburg though. We usually get our offense charged by the third game. So it might be a closer score than our fans like.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Going with the Tigers. Another deep run into the playoffs probably looming.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This game is same as it alwys is especially with it being 1st game of the season. Team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

35-7 Ironton and I think that may be a little conservative. Burg is very young and small this year and Ironton will be to much to handle. Still, it's always a good measuring stick for the Pirates to see how they match up against arguably one of the best programs in the area year after year.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

I think Ironton wins this game by a couple td's but it might be closer than people think. Wheelersburg will suprise a few people in this game.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

tigers need to get up and stay up early no need to give a young team confidence....

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

The Burg is The Burg and with that being said I'm saying Ironton 35-14 with it being 14-7 at half. First game of the season you can't really expect a team to come out firing as they would the first play of a mid season game. Expect a good game as usual and it's a perfect way for both teams to kickoff the regular season of high school football!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Forecast for the Tank..........sunny, dry and 80............

Spanky, RiverRatRay and TTT will be on the field lining crew Friday morning so if you see the Ref signal "First and Nine", you will know we missed putting one of the lines down on the field............ :) :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Forecast for the Tank..........sunny, dry and 80............

Spanky, RiverRatRay and TTT will be on the field lining crew Friday morning so if you see the Ref signal "First and Nine", you will know we missed putting one of the lines down on the field............ :) :)
:aaaaa24

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:35-7 Ironton and I think that may be a little conservative. Burg is very young and small this year and Ironton will be to much to handle. Still, it's always a good measuring stick for the Pirates to see how they match up against arguably one of the best programs in the area year after year.
i agree. i would not be shocked if the tigers score 50 points on the burg

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I have a friend who is a big Burg fan. Last year before injuries killed us, I thought West would win. Then Trevon, Compton, and others got hurt. Week of the burg game I mentioned Trevon and he told me no excuses.

I guess he talked to one of the coaches at the alumni flag game they had this year and they told him that they had very little talent in the upper classes. So he stops me like a month ago saying how down they were gonna be. I tell him no excuses.

Wheelersburg has been good for a long time and gave alot of whippings over the years, but the shoe may just be on the other foot for a couple years.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

siderman wrote:I have a friend who is a big Burg fan. Last year before injuries killed us, I thought West would win. Then Trevon, Compton, and others got hurt. Week of the burg game I mentioned Trevon and he told me no excuses.

I guess he talked to one of the coaches at the alumni flag game they had this year and they told him that they had very little talent in the upper classes. So he stops me like a month ago saying how down they were gonna be. I tell him no excuses.

Wheelersburg has been good for a long time and gave alot of whippings over the years, but the shoe may just be on the other foot for a couple years.
Sounds like he is just being honest with you. They don't have much talent and they probably aren't going to be very good. No excuses he is just telling you the truth.

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Burg is the Word and the word for this game is "<insert expletive>".

I'm just hoping to see Burg put up a fight and not play scared. They are young, slow and small. I think Burg offense will be able to find the endzone a time or two. The quarterback is good. They will probably have to spread it and throw it to make anything happen. The defense on the other hand may as well play aggressive and try to create turnovers because they will not stop Ironton's offense man-up.

I think Burg wins if they can score 43.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Soho wrote:Burg is the Word and the word for this game is "<insert expletive>".

I'm just hoping to see Burg put up a fight and not play scared. They are young, slow and small. I think Burg offense will be able to find the endzone a time or two. The quarterback is good. They will probably have to spread it and throw it to make anything happen. The defense on the other hand may as well play aggressive and try to create turnovers because they will not stop Ironton's offense man-up.

I think Burg wins if they can score 43.
Like the way you think- Go Burg :122249

Return to “Football”