Southern Ohio Football

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southern Ohio Football

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bad parenting makes for bad kids. The system we have in place allows for bad parents.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

noreply66 wrote:
baseball16 wrote:I have been saying it for the past ten years. (20 total coaching). 2 Household kids are better. I know, I know,many will disagree and rake me across the coals, but they are 1. disciplined, 2. respectful, 3. Hardworkers. My best teams are when I had kids that had stability in their life and it all starts at HOME!!
When growing up I ran with four boys raised by their mothers only and you couldn't ask for more disciplined, respectful, hardwork kids. Another boy had a step-dad to raise him. All made good grades and never were in trouble. It is just the kids today.

I am not saying if you come from a 1 parent household you will be a bad kid. I am just saying from my perspective, my best 'teams' were one's that had a lot of stability in it. There are many kids in broken homes that grow up to be great assets to our society. Society today has really changed over the last 10 years. Respect and discipline seem to be losing out to entitlement and laziness!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't say anything about you saying they were bad kids. It sounds like just because you may have had a team that won ball games, it was due to having kids that had two parents. You just may have had that happen to you at that time. The two parent kids you coached were no more respectful, hard workers or at no time more disciplined than what I grew up with and a lot I know today. I know and knew several boys with single parents that are well off and happy with themselves today. Single parent kids then and now do not need to hear someone out in life saying things that make them look or feel second class.

Just hope that sometime in your life you didn't get up in front of parents and say what you have said on here.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

No reply, facts are facts, kids from stable households (could be 1, 2, or more parental people) tend to do better academically and athletically. I am sure baseball16 didn't demean these kids or parents, he or she is simply making a point. Being an educator in a district here in SEO, I could write a book on kids who I consider to be transients! Rent comes due, they move, power gets shut off, they move! These are unstable households, and they can be 2 parent homes as well.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Two parent middle class households produce better athletes than poor. Pretty common sense

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Economics and social service has everything to do with keeping children on a path of production. And that involves the community as a whole.Football, and other athletic programs combine as an out let for children that are on the verge of the fork in the road.its unfortunate that some of these children have no parental help to get them involved in said programs. Face the facts some parents just don't give a darn.In this situation Hillary was correct it must take a village to raise a child.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

king kong wrote:No reply, facts are facts, kids from stable households (could be 1, 2, or more parental people) tend to do better academically and athletically. I am sure baseball16 didn't demean these kids or parents, he or she is simply making a point. Being an educator in a district here in SEO, I could write a book on kids who I consider to be transients! Rent comes due, they move, power gets shut off, they move! These are unstable households, and they can be 2 parent homes as well.

great post.i have seen it to be very true just coaching youth football many years ago.
there are plenty of awesome single parents out there that provide great stability, and a great support staff. but by and large that's generally not the case.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

noreply66 wrote:
baseball16 wrote:I have been saying it for the past ten years. (20 total coaching). 2 Household kids are better. I know, I know,many will disagree and rake me across the coals, but they are 1. disciplined, 2. respectful, 3. Hardworkers. My best teams are when I had kids that had stability in their life and it all starts at HOME!!
When growing up I ran with four boys raised by their mothers only and you couldn't ask for more disciplined, respectful, hardwork kids. Another boy had a step-dad to raise him. All made good grades and never were in trouble. It is just the kids today.

I can say the same thing too.seen plenty of situations like that in ironton as a youth myself. but divorce was not really a thing that happened much there. back in the day. seemed like folks stayed together till the kids was raised before they went their separate ways. and very few young'uns back then were from situations where there was kids and the parents not being married. that's just the way it was then.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Bad parenting makes for bad kids. The system we have in place allows for bad parents.

very, very true.

Return to “Football”