why is Burg not on list of all time wins lost?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: why is Burg not on list of all time wins lost?

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote:I'll have to make a trip to the library. Would OHSAA count games against college teams?
OHSAA will count whatever you send them, to be honest.

I helped submit Logan's stuff to the OHSAA. I did not count anything pre-1912 because I have incomplete records. I have nothing at all for the 1910 and 1911 seasons and I think nothing before 1905? I'm pretty sure Logan's first team was 1898 but I can't find any scores for 1898-1904.

For Logan's records I did not count games against colleges, alumni, or non-high school teams. I did count a couple games that Logan considered "JV" that were played against other school's Varsity teams (a couple games against smaller county schools).

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I encourage anyone who has the time to hit the local library and research the history of their schools.

Myself and my buddy Jesco (god rest his soul) did this several years back and learned everything about Valley football. It was a tough time, but rewarding as well. I miss those times and wish I could spend some more time researching with my friend.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Don't have the exact numbers, but Portsmouth HS has accumulated around 570 wins in its history, and unfortunately haven't added much to that total in the last 15 years. The overall record is around 570-400.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Oaf wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Stan, you are not the one who made the original claim of 700 wins which is what I was responding to. Funny how you got offended to me correcting someone else's post of non-factual information. Fact, Burg has not played 700 games, much less won 700.
The original poster already addressed said erroneous information before you were compelled to get on this thread and blow up all over yourself Poo Pot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Correcting the erroneous post would be to remove the entire thing, the entire theme of the post was BS with faulty information.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pol pot wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Stan, you are not the one who made the original claim of 700 wins which is what I was responding to. Funny how you got offended to me correcting someone else's post of non-factual information. Fact, Burg has not played 700 games, much less won 700.
The original poster already addressed said erroneous information before you were compelled to get on this thread and blow up all over yourself Poo Pot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Correcting the erroneous post would be to remove the entire thing, the entire theme of the post was BS with faulty information.
The point is, that he caught his own mistake and said so a few posts down.
Now everyone let it go and move on.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Pol pot wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Pol Pot quit channeling your schoolmarm nonsense patrolling comments with your wooden ruler waiting to slap posters on the wrist and pass out corrections.

It gets old honestly.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Sorry Master Don,didn't know we were following the Trumpian line of thought where facts no longer matter. Again, the entire title of the post is Burg is being discriminated against for being left off a list, that facts show, they have not yet earned.

Return to “Football”