2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Fighting Tiger 2017 Football

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not beatin a dead horse here. but apparently the situation did happen with a certain player coming in late starting, and refusing to do certain things. frankly I don't care who it is, or who allowed it. but this has to be a learning tool to all.for those of us that played for lutz we can only imagine how that would have went over. honestly I cannot even fathom that. we not only respected our coaching staff, but we respected it. and knew what came after if we didn't. so a situation like this is frankly mind boggling to me.this is what society is coming to. but the school and coaches can stop it. no one will ever convince me that a school and program cannot be ran like that again. it just takes some stones.and until that type mentality returns, ironton football will never be the same, and the burg's of the world will continue to abuse us like rented mules.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I wanna see or hear that the stuff has been acknowledged that it happened that that they just drew the line in the sand, and dared you to cross it. that's when tiger football will make a start in the right direction.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and even up here people know about it and can't believe it. stuff like that gets around.
and I ain't ever mentioned it up here. when I moved here in 2010. everybody said man you all kicked us around back in the day-- big time. but now everybody seems to want a piece. and it's all because of a lack of discipline, self control, and coaching. whatever staff or coach they have then they have got to get back to old school, and especially diversify the playbooks to meets the new challenges of football. lining up like triceratops and having raptors run over you was good in the day because they were flat out more physical, and stronger. and had a thriving weight room colony. but now everybody knows how to load the box and has equal physical specimens to line up across from you. now you have to have a more diverse philosophy and variations so teams don't know what to expect. and keep teams guessing. but without proper fundamentals and discipline it will never prosper again.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Game day wrote:
softballfan2112 wrote:I'm not saying anyone needs to go, but respect and culture begins and ends with the head coach. The buck stops there. Let's not throw all of the assistants under the bus and take all of the blame off of the head coach. Players aren't permitted to join the team after conditioning, or dictate when and where the play without the blessing of the head coach. We don't know the situation, and we don't know state of mind a coach may have been in when and if these things happened. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. If those things went on, it was wrong, and hopefully a young coach learned from it, and won't allow it again.
I don't care what state of mind the staff was in. And once again please don't even think these things did not go on. It is a fact and anyone that played on the team would tell you it went on. Vass needs to hire some coaches that are respected by the football community in Ironton. Not these token coaches and family and friends.
So this was everyone's fault but the head coach. Now that is funny. Either he did it, and should be held accountable, or he had no clue about it, and should be held accountable being clueless.

Again, not saying anyone needs to be fired, but it is a great time to grab the reigns, and reshape the culture of the program. It's not too late. Learn from the mistakes, admit it was wrong, gain respect, and move forward.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I could not agree more. and families are what built ironton football. but accountability in sports is measured by wins and losses, and the actions of any coaching staff no matter how tenured or new.a team can have a terrible coaching staff as far as wins and losses, and still have the respect of a community for hanging in there and trying. but can by the same account lose it just that quickly. but if a line is drawn in the sand. and it does not happen again. then we'll eventually know. that would go for anybody who ever has/is coaching at any school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would think by the very nature of this conversation it is a true reflection of how passionate ironton football fans are and what they have come to expect from the program. but starting for the tigers is earned -- not given away with stipulations. and ex players know this more than anybody, no matter how long they were in the program.and the grind is what makes it even sweeter. and life lessons are learned on that field. and not to be taken lightly by anybody. and no one person is ever bigger than the team. I'd rather see a program disband than to lose it's accountability. and I hope that never happens.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mavrick2016 wrote:The young man is really good and in my opinion could start at the Burg, and his brother left the Burg in like 3rd or 4th grade, so he never played at the Burg.
That's pretty impressive if he could start at the Burg when they have a starter returning. I can't wait to see how he does at Ironton. Welcome to Tigertown young man, I wish you much success.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

If the staff needs replaced so badly, then the head coach should be fired for hiring them. Period. Dumb.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Mavrick2016 wrote:The young man is really good and in my opinion could start at the Burg, and his brother left the Burg in like 3rd or 4th grade, so he never played at the Burg.
That's pretty impressive if he could start at the Burg when they have a starter returning. I can't wait to see how he does at Ironton. Welcome to Tigertown young man, I wish you much success.
not sure he meant start at qb

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tiger59 wrote:If the staff needs replaced so badly, then the head coach should be fired for hiring them. Period. Dumb.
In a lot of cases I don't think he had choose in the matter. Especially when he has some many family members and x coaches pushing their agenda.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

for the record I'm not saying anything about replacing anybody.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbnut wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

I think he would have been a nice RB for the Burg. He has the size and the speed for it.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
fbnut wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

I think he would have been a nice RB for the Burg. He has the size and the speed for it.
That's exactly why he left

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

I for one am excited for the up coming season for the Tigers, not sure about the young man from burg but he can only help, seem to have quite a bit coming back on the line and backfield hopefully should be pretty good, lot of youngins got a lot of playing time and throw in from new faces along with some good freshmen might just make for a good season, go tigers

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JTEK wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
fbnut wrote: not sure he meant start at qb

That's exactly why he left

SMH!!!!!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

There are 3 coaches that have been asked to join the Ironton staff this year by Vass. I know 2 have said no at this time but just hearing this tells me a lot. What Ironton has seen over the last 3 years is not what they want on the field. 2 years in row not beating any teams outside the conference and having the talent to do so has left a bad taste in the Ironton fans. I would also mentioned totally not have control of the team is my biggest concern and it has shown. Making changes for Vass will be tough but this years team the Ironton fans are expecting nothing short of 9-1 or 10-0. So you may say that is not fair but he knew the expectations when he took the job and now it is time to produce. Over the last 3 years I have seen nothing that looks like a Ironton football team and I don't want to hear anyone bring up the past I am talking about the present.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

are these 3 currently coaching at ironton or new bodies that were asked. I think juan Thomas would be someone I would go after, and Rodney boykin if they were interested, tim hodges and a few new faces that know a ton about football. and are lifelong tigers.---------------------------------- and at this point because of hammer Lutz's hire at rock hill, don't forget the possible opportunity to coach with him as well.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

No none of these are current coaches. I respect all the names that you have put out there but I only know of one that has coached. We currently have a bunch of guys that played football coaching but I think they need some new faces that have coached other places besides Ironton.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I have really thought the last two years were going to be big. Last year what I never considered was the late start that so many of the talented starters got and the injuries lingered later into the season than expected for some and then we had a number of injuries throughout the season. Those two seasons had very few back-ups at the skill positions.

This year coming up sees an extremely strong backfield with everyone returning from last season other than the QB and the two kids working hard at QB are working their tails off. Our line is looking solid and the defense is ridiculously talented and experienced. I know for two years I have been off from my expectations. This year looks like the kids are plain hungry. They started working three months earlier this year. Hope it pays off.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Time will tell...I hope the ones voting for post season awards vote for the ones that are deserving and should have earned the vote. Jaxon Pleasant was stone cold robbed. Sad that it's not what you did but who you are sometimes

Return to “Football”