2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

JTEK
All State

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by JTEK »

Noitall wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:17 am All starters backback ?
I believe they may have graduated some starters

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:47 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well I didn't have any idea how many seniors we lost.
The Fighting Tigers lose 13 Seniors

Jake Isaac -------- QB/S - 2 year starter - played both ways
Eli Willis ---------- TE/C - 2 year starter - played both ways
Andrew Scott ---- HB/S - first year starting, played 4 or 5 games before season ending injury
Jourdyn Barrow - HB/C - started the last half of the season on Defense
Travis Gayhart -- TE/DE - played sparingly
Chase Rowe ----- HB/S --- I don't believe he played this season due to injury
Vance Day ------- C/NG -- don't believe he played much this year due to injury
Isaiah Dodgion -- T/DT -- not sure how much he played
Levi Langdon ---- C/NG -- 2 year starter but missed the first half of this season due to injury
Tyler Webb ------ T/DT -- 4 year starter both ways
Larry Morris ----- T/DT -- first year playing, started on Defense
Tre Neal --------- K ------- I believe he was a 2 year starter at Kick offs and extra points

Feel free to correct anything I have wrong, just going from my memory.
Here you go. Back in thread

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm ready for some football. does anybody have the schedule with home/away and dates so I can copy it down. I'd love for somebody to send me a couple schedules of the ovc and soc teams. tom Osborne 626 lake white road waverly, ohio 45690.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

There's a schedule/conference/team link on this forum. Third subject down from the top.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

The afternoon soap operas weren't on tv today. They were in the tiger locker room. One player quit, and two more were sent home for getting in a fist fight during nap time.

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Glad to hear they got a little spark in them!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It's better to get the quitters out of the locker room now, if you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Fighting in the locker is nothing new but I would not send them home they would have some extra work to do.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

softballfan2112 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:02 pm The afternoon soap operas weren't on tv today. They were in the tiger locker room. One player quit, and two more were sent home for getting in a fist fight during nap time.
Nap time? Is it two-a-days or a daycare center?

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Heard one of the kids may be questionable now for Burg game, broken nose and maybe jaw, #32 lb/FB got short end of the stick I guess?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH SNAP. THAT YOUNGUN MISSED THE MAJORITY OF LAST YEAR WITRH A TORN ACL. PRAYERS HE IS OKAY.
NOTHIN LIKE A LIL IN-HOUSE FIRE TO GET THE JUICES FLOWIN. WORK IT OUT OF THEM AS BROTHERS DO, SHAKE HANDS AND BE DONE WITH IT. THIS AIN'T NOTHIN NEW. HECK IT HAPPENS IN THE PROS. PEOPLE GET EDGY GETTIN SMACKED AROUND EVERY PLAY IN PRACTICE BACK N FORTH. LET'S BE HONEST FOOTBALL IS BASICALLY A LEGAL FIGHT EVERY PLAY. BUT THERE IS A TIME FOR SOLIDARITY AFTER EVERY PLAY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am OH SNAP. THAT YOUNGUN MISSED THE MAJORITY OF LAST YEAR WITRH A TORN ACL. PRAYERS HE IS OKAY.
NOTHIN LIKE A LIL IN-HOUSE FIRE TO GET THE JUICES FLOWIN. WORK IT OUT OF THEM AS BROTHERS DO, SHAKE HANDS AND BE DONE WITH IT. THIS AIN'T NOTHIN NEW. HECK IT HAPPENS IN THE PROS. PEOPLE GET EDGY GETTIN SMACKED AROUND EVERY PLAY IN PRACTICE BACK N FORTH. LET'S BE HONEST FOOTBALL IS BASICALLY A LEGAL FIGHT EVERY PLAY. BUT THERE IS A TIME FOR SOLIDARITY AFTER EVERY PLAY.
Usually happens when your battling on the field, first time I've ever heard of a fight breaking out during nap time

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

I heard it was a prank gone too far. Silliness really. Should get squashed quickly. I heard nothing of a broken jaw.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

softballfan2112 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:52 pm I heard it was a prank gone too far. Silliness really. Should get squashed quickly. I heard nothing of a broken jaw.
I heard the same thing, haven't heard anything of a broken jaw either.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:02 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am OH SNAP. THAT YOUNGUN MISSED THE MAJORITY OF LAST YEAR WITRH A TORN ACL. PRAYERS HE IS OKAY.
Usually happens when your battling on the field, first time I've ever heard of a fight breaking out during nap time

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT NUT, JUST HAIN'T RIGHT MAN.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

We use to fight everyday on the field in the locker room it did not matter. This is not a big deal you want to put kids together for 2 days 5 to 6 days a week and not expect a fight to break out. Go stick your head in the sand if you don't think this goes on everywhere.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

absolutely, and the pranks abound. I remember a huge fight one time over of all things an atomic setup. and no I wasn't involved. but it was rough.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

First I will say I have no info on what happened just putting this out there.

Times have changed since we played. Especially with the internet and phones used as video and camera. Then posting online that content or talking online on forums like this. The what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room is over. Some pranks now a days go to far. When some kids are not as good as they were in their younger years they get upset and take it out on others. The same as when parents get involved to put pressure to get their kid to play even though the kid does not earn it on the field.

Then just the hazing and the political correctness that who should be fired or off the team. This is where team rules need to be set and players being a team. As one coach said you do not need to luv everyone on the team. But on the field you must be there as one unit playing together. For team on the field and at team locker room YOU WILL RESPECT THE TEAM AND COACHES AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO SUPPORTS THE TEAM. LIKE TEACHERS, JANITORS , COOKS BOOSTERS AND OTHERS. Times are different now but a team like Ironton who has had it's share of drama on and off the field in the past 10 years. It is better to run a tight dry ship. Instead of constantly taking on water and sinking the ship.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Is there anything on the OVC preview? Like when where and time..

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

knightruner wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:59 pm Is there anything on the OVC preview? Like when where and time..
Preview is at Portsmouth this Saturday, Aug. 12.....4 games starting at 5:00pm..........

Return to “Football”