2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Game day
All State

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by Game day »

DMUP wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Game day wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:38 pm If Ironton goes to the spread this year with the backs they have they are dumper than they look.
Game day. I agree they appear to have a lot of backs. Why do you think it would be dumb to go away from T and to spread/ read option? Others have said if ironton doesn't go away from the T their stupid.

I think the key for T isn't backs it's having a strong dominant line and good backs are a bonus. Lost a lot on line but I believe they will be solid still But if you have 6-8 backs that are pretty good why not put 5 on the field at once vs only 3. And if you can get good backs in the open field 1 on 1 vs 11 in the box I believe the odds are better. Becomes a match up game and finding the weak link and exploit it. With 11 in box it's harder to find a weak link. But I think it comes down to opinion. They can succeed with either offense.
I did not say they had to run the T but I have seen this coaching staff coach things they don't know and they are very bad at it. There are multiple formation that can be ran and that would work well. Also when teams put 9 in the box you have to pass on 1st and 2nd down. If the spread works this year for Ironton good for them.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

You can teach multiple formations until the cows come home but you have to have the personnel to perform them. A good coach should know what he has coming in and decide which base formation will work best for them. Experimenting with formations is fine if you have the talent.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

absolutely, but would you not agree 79 that back then ironton's execution was much better and the fundamentals were too. and ironton had a superior weight training program when they could shove it down your neck. nobody will ever convince me that ironton doesn't still have the horses to dominate again. but you have to have the desire to stick to fundamentals and execution.most teams were beat when the tigers unloaded from the greyhound, but that's not the case now. I would love to see the aggression amped up, and stop at the whistle.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Ironton doesn't have near the talent they had 10 years ago which wasn't near the talent they had 10 years before that. The talent and depth of talent has been on a decline as it has the whole area.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oak wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:45 am Ironton doesn't have near the talent they had 10 years ago which wasn't near the talent they had 10 years before that. The talent and depth of talent has been on a decline as it has the whole area.
What are you talking about? Did you not see those 6 D1 players last year :lol:

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

When does Ironton go to the 7 on 7 at Raceland?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm i meant the river city buccaneer semi pro team that plays in ironton n who are some of the coaches n players. I find this very interesting. and would like info on a schedule.
I seen them play earlier this year against the West Portmouth Tanks. Tanks won 76-0 but the Tanks are really good, they should make a run at the National Championship. They are averaging 57 points a game and giving up 4. The bucs had some pretty good athletes though. You can get team info on their site.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you, i'll check that out blue.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

76-0?
Well at least they made it competitive.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey you gotta break eggs to make an omelette, you gotta start somewhere.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Any news on who's in the weight room and how many are working ,haven't heard much from the Tigers, just wondering how things are going, won't be long till kickoff, I'm expecting a good season the next couple of years, skill positions should be pretty good , hope the line comes thru, I think middle linebackers and db's will be good, lots of experience coming back, throw in a new qb and some new fullback(Garrico little brother)several starters coming back which help us trementrousally, good luck TIGERS, see you at the tank soon :twisted:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would like to hear more as well timbo. getting rather excited. I hope to make some more games this year.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

TIGER BAIT I'm right there with you, I'll come to a few more games myself, little over a month to see them out there on the field practicing, rough start with the burg as the first game , time will tell, GOOD LUCK TIGERS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's time to sink the burg ship. they have run over us roughshod too long.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I hope the young men have been working Hard and supporting each other throughout the Summer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there is nothing more important now than sinking the burg ship at the tank to kick off the season. I too hope they're putting in some hardwork buckeye

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

One of the things that I have not seen Ironton do in years is win a big game that could go either way. Ironton seems to come out on the short end of that the last several years. Every year their are upsets all over the place in high school football but Ironton has not won one of them in a long time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you are correct. it has been too long.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

I think "back in the day" Ironton had a mental edge in those game in the belief of "we are Ironton we are suppose to win" and that belief has slowly faded away.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:57 pm I think "back in the day" Ironton had a mental edge in those game in the belief of "we are Ironton we are suppose to win" and that belief has slowly faded away.
I agree but why did that change? The coaching staff does not have anyone on it that played with that kind of attitude. They need to go out and find some coaches who understand how to play that physical type game.

Return to “Football”