2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by wobycat »

Game day wrote:I think Ironton problem is their staff. They have had talent but just can't seem to coach them up.
Irontons problems are far from the staff. These guys know what they want but the kids have to buy in. Ironton will be pretty decent this year. Offense will be better but the defense needs to make some strides if they want to make a deep run.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I respectfully disagree. This staff has been together 6 years and every year we watch players not run during practice, not coming out until 2 days are over, kids telling coaches they don't want to play offense and the list goes on.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Game day wrote:I respectfully disagree. This staff has been together 6 years and every year we watch players not run during practice, not coming out until 2 days are over, kids telling coaches they don't want to play offense and the list goes on.
Wouldn't the kids also have to take some of the blame for being lazy and disrespectful?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Yes but kids do what you let them do and when it goes over the top they are gone. That's the problem the staff continues to let this go on.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Game day wrote:Yes but kids do what you let them do and when it goes over the top they are gone. That's the problem the staff continues to let this go on.
I've been told this is over. For everyone's sake I hope so. No player is worth a disrespectful kid ruining everyone. Looks like a good bunch of kids this year. From what I see there's no problem kids out this year that would fit that category, but if it does I sure hope changes are made.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

let's hope so but after a decade of this. i'll have to see 1st.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

If we are going to reach our fullest potential, we must ALL work together. I think its most important for the kids to stay competing against someone else. Ironton has a proud tradition, but we've lost some of that. We need to regain our edge.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

absolutely.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ibtt,who are the ironton football coaches this year , junior high, freshman, jv, and varsity.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

They have added some help to the program. To say the least, the caliber of coaches that will be on the sidelines might have the most impressive resume yet. How Coach Vass utilizes them will tell the tale. New defensive backs coach, new receivers coach, new line coach, new tight ends coach. It has the potential to do good things. Our strength program is looking amazing and I have heard that if a kid don't play every down they will be sitting. The receivers coach and tight ends coach are dandys and we will see a lot more passes. Not sure about junior high or frosh.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

do these fellers have names.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Urban Meyer. Maybe Bill Belichick?

Big time coaches show up to coach all that talent.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there's one in every crowd.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

I see we got some new coaches but haven't heard any names yet, just wonder ending,just how many new coaches and names, won't be long till the season kicks off, can't wait, go TIGERS!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Come on folks, who's the new Coaches? I hope they know something about Football :)

Good luck Fighting Tigers......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this must be the best kept secret in the tri-state. well good luck to the fighting tigers n staff.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I heard the only reason Saban was given a contract extension was to keep the Tigers away. They were offering him the assistant to the OC job.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Game day wrote:I respectfully disagree. This staff has been together 6 years and every year we watch players not run during practice, not coming out until 2 days are over, kids telling coaches they don't want to play offense and the list goes on.
This here is exactly why Ironton has gone down in quality. Hearing changes will be made if we lose to Burg, Ashland, and Russell again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mr. chappo. I hear them days is gone. and kaput. well I myself hope so. i'll know after week 1. the closer football can get back to the bob lutz hardcore stuff the better it will be. and offensively especially the playbook will have to evolve with the times

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

I really hope they turn the ship around, Bait.

Return to “Football”