Competitive Balance

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Competitive Balance

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote:Catholic schools are not what god wanted. Just rich people segregating their kids from poor people. Public schools take all of God's children
There used to be a time where Catholic schools were not exclusive on the basis of tuition, you know.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Raider6309 , Your post is utter bull$hit
ISJ and PND both have plenty of non Catholics.
Living in Ironton and Portsmouth I doubt most families are far from rich

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Raider6309 , Your post is utter bull$hit
Idc about little catholic schools, I'm talking about St Ignatius and Akron SVSM. St Ignatius gets 6 million dollars a year from alumni. This money is used for tuition

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote:
TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Raider6309 , Your post is utter bull$hit
Idc about little catholic schools, I'm talking about St Ignatius and Akron SVSM. St Ignatius gets 6 million dollars a year from alumni. This money is used for tuition
Seeing as how most Catholic schools in OH are not like SVSM and Ignatius, perhaps you should refrain from generalizing Catholic schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote:Catholic schools are not what god wanted. Just rich people segregating their kids from poor people. Public schools take all of God's children
I know a lot of Catholics and you are so wrong.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

So is that money used to pay for poor people to attend so they can segregate themselves from other poor people?
Your post sounded like bigotry to me, if not my mistake

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

97% of D1 athletes play D1 to D4. So D5-D7 don't run into the same problem. Too bad LaSalle isn't D3. Would make D3 better than D1

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be interesting. Teams like NY should drop to D6. Hopefully someone on Yappi post their idea of the new divisions

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

You are showing your ignorance on the establishment of education and educational institutions in western culture. The earliest forms of formal education are based in and by religious orders of the Catholic Church.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Pol pot wrote:

You are showing your ignorance on the establishment of education and educational institutions in western culture. The earliest forms of formal education are based in and by religious orders of the Catholic Church.
Nope you are actually showing your ignorance yet once again, he wasn't talking about the earliest forms of education he was talking about present day. Why you interjected something not currently being debated is beyond all of us.

Actually in typical Raider fashion he was being a tad dramatic, but nonetheless there is some merit to his over generalization.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I said D1-D4 Catholics. I highly doubt Fischer Catholic or Ironton St Joe have a Billionaire as an alumni. Mooney raised 14 million dollars in 2014. They were mad because they wanted 23 million dollars. Could Wheelersburg or NY raise 14 million dollars? Mooney is about the same size

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Difference is publics have to take everyone .
Privates get to skim the cream off the top.
They should be separated. ........

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Actually separation is a bad idea. Then no rules, they would have every d1 athlete

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote:Actually separation is a bad idea. Then no rules, they would have every d1 athlete
Yup, just ask New Jersey lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote:I said D1-D4 Catholics. I highly doubt Fischer Catholic or Ironton St Joe have a Billionaire as an alumni. Mooney raised 14 million dollars in 2014. They were mad because they wanted 23 million dollars. Could Wheelersburg or NY raise 14 million dollars? Mooney is about the same size
We do, however, have a foundation that alumni, like me, pay in to keep FC not only affordable for families but also viable in the face of operating expenses, teacher salaries, etc.

Contrary to how some larger schools may do their funds, small schools like us and Rosecrans don't pay an entire tuition (or even 50%) of a student — instead it's allocated to make what would be a $9,000/student cost a $7,000/student cost for all families.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Its like in D1, OHSAA went away from two regions because the OCC can't compete with St Ignatius, St Ed, Moeller, and St Xavier

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

formerfcfan wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:Actually it doesn't. You are comparing the disproportion of races in a sport to the disproportion of high school championships won in a state. The factors that cause both disproportions are completely different.
Sure, I understand your point there.
Why do 1/6 of the schools in Ohio win nearly 1/2 of the state championships?
Since 2006, all of the Big 10 football titles have been won by four schools: Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.

Why do (>)1/4 of the schools win 1/1 of the Big 10 titles? Does the Big 10 need competitive balance so schools like Indiana and N'Western
have a shot?
Because those 1/4 schools get the best players just like the private schools do in OHSAA. Thanks for proving the point that you and other private fans are blinded too.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

TVC wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Stone Cold wrote:Actually it doesn't. You are comparing the disproportion of races in a sport to the disproportion of high school championships won in a state. The factors that cause both disproportions are completely different.
Sure, I understand your point there.
Why do 1/6 of the schools in Ohio win nearly 1/2 of the state championships?
Since 2006, all of the Big 10 football titles have been won by four schools: Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.

Why do (>)1/4 of the schools win 1/1 of the Big 10 titles? Does the Big 10 need competitive balance so schools like Indiana and N'Western
have a shot?
Because those 1/4 schools get the best players just like the private schools do in the OHSAA.
Not according to this list
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footba ... s?State=OH

Of the 24/7 Sports Top 100 prospects in OH in 2017, only 21 of the 100 attend a private school (#6, #10, #12, #14, #16; #18, #21, #22, #25, #29; #35, #37, #62, #63, #76; #84, #85, #90, #94, #98, and #99)

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Steely Dan wrote:Absolutely, positively none, in my opinion. Not warranted, at all.

Been through this with NC for many years, and yes, at one point it was an issue (e.g. Rob Kelly), but not for a long time. At the small school level, there is very little, if any advantage, for the privates. Get over it.
I'm glad that you brought up Rob Kelly as many don't know the story. Rob, his brother and his two sisters were all in the Catholic school system in Mt. Vernon. In the mid 1980's the high school was closed by the Diocese. The Kelly family chose to send their kids to the closest Catholic high school which was Newark Catholic. Rob would have been in 4th or 5th grade at the time. The Kelly family commuted from Mt. Vernon to Ohio for a while until buying a house very near the high school. Rob's dad and JD Graham who was NC's football coach at the time were also high school teammates at Mt. Vernon St. Vincent.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

For every successful private school there are many privates that are not successful. There are a handful of privates that skew the percentages greatly. Now, if you want to look at the successful privates to determine why they are successful then go for it. But you cannot punish the majority for the success of the minority.

Return to “Football”