Competitive Balance

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Competitive Balance

Post by Orange and Brown »

king kong wrote:Orange, yes there are privates that just want to educate and not put money into sports. However, public cannot block anyone due to financial, academic or behavioral problems.

One is a choice, the other isn't!
Youve made that clear. I'm not arguing that public's can't.

Are you arguing for separation? Competitive balance?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Competitive balance

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

king kong wrote:The hypocrisy of saying, "poor us, who struggle to just get kids in the door, yet have hung multiple state championship banners in multiple sports!" Lol.
"Everything you do, do to the best of your ability."

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

king kong wrote:
nc green wave wrote:No it isn't an advantage. As I've posted before NC doesn't have the access to the kids like you think they do. It is actually a disadvantage due to the financial burden, religion, etc. NC only has 250 students for a reason and it's not because they choose to limit the enrollment to stay in a certain division. We also have to play with whoever comes through our doors, almost all of which are legacy kids whereas their parents went there as did their parents, etc. Nothing will ever be completely fair across the board, especially in athletics.
Thank you for finally admitting that privates play down in competition! Those obstacles you listed, keeps your enrollment low.

Let's look at Newark, the city has 47,000 and is Ohios 10th largest city. Newark has 538 boys in grades 9-11 for 12.2% of the population. Newark Catholic has 101 for 2.2%. How good would Newark be if they could drop to D IV in football by keeping out those kids that bring nothing with them, you know who they are, convicted criminals, mentally disabled, and just apathetic students who only show up because the law says so.

These kids count as 1, just like the star QB, how many of them are walking around NC? NC has 50 kids playing football, Newark has 62! The kind of kids you attract make a difference, and public schools can't BLOCK a certain percentage of the population like privates!
OK, then let's apply a negative multiplier. That way you can take into account for every single one of those kids to which you refer to in the public school. After all this is about being fair right? My suggestion is what you should be screaming for because one public school could have far more of these types of kids in their school than another. But that wouldn't fit your agenda because the crappy football team would still be crappy even if they played in a different division. I've already stated that NC would not bump up to D5 with the multiplier. This is nothing more than an attempt to punish private schools. Just admit it.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

king kong wrote:The hypocrisy of saying, "poor us, who struggle to just get kids in the door, yet have hung multiple state championship banners in multiple sports!" Lol.
Not even close to what I said.......but nice try. Way to put words in my mouth.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Check out the number of Public Schools who won a championship this year and tell me again how the playing field doesn't need leveled. hahahaahahah

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Check out the percentage of private schools that QUALIFIED for the playoffs and tell me again why the playing field needs to be leveled. Hahaha

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

You can dance and dodge all you want but the fact remains---public schools end up playing private schools that are All Star teams.

Play around with the numbers all you want----here's what I know---next year at this time we'll see private schools hoisting championship trophies way above what their numbers should be statistically. haahahahahaha

That has nothing to do with coaching or hard work------it's all recruiting.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

And you can whine and cry all you want. NC stays D6 even with the multiplier. Now what??

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Show me who's been recruited....you know nothing of what you speak. Sore loser. Sour grapes

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

My cousins husband was recruited by NC in the mid 90's
Him and a buddy of his. His buddy choose to go but he didn't want to.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

There you go. A better question is how many kids on your team attended the same Junior High?

I'll wear that "Sore Loser" tag with pride if it draws attention to unfairness.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:My cousins husband was recruited by NC in the mid 90's
Names?

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

fortdawg wrote:There you go. A better question is how many kids on your team attended the same Junior High?

I'll wear that "Sore Loser" tag with pride if it draws attention to unfairness.
There you go what?

I just told you that NC wouldn't move up so that tells you that almost all of the kids came from the same junior high. If you don't believe me go look it up for yourself. You will be surprised with what you find. Generation after generation going through NC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

nc green wave wrote:
Names?
My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.
Don't act like Newark Catholic doesn't occasionally go out and find a young man or 2 who just happens to be good at a particular sport.

You guys can pretend it doesn't happen, but we all know it does.
It's no skin off my back, I really don't care if they do or don't.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

nc green wave wrote:
Names?
Names might put NC into some trouble. Might be better to leave it alone.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?
My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.
Don't act like Newark Catholic doesn't occasionally go out and find a young man or 2 who just happens to be good at a particular sport.

HA....oh, of course you won't produce the names. Obviously it does bother you or you wouldn't have thrown it out there.

And if you're going to have the guts to throw it out there then have the guts to back it up. But of course you can't so it's nothing more than hearsay.

Amazing that everyone always knows someone or has a letter but can never back it up.

Cowards!

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

noreply66 wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?
Names might put NC into some trouble. Might be better to leave it alone.
We have nothing to be afraid of. Trust me. Bring it on!

I'm sure I won't hear another peep.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

nc green wave wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?

HA....oh, of course you won't produce the names. Obviously it does bother you or you wouldn't have thrown it out there.

And if you're going to have the guts to throw it out there then have the guts to back it up. But of course you can't so it's nothing more than hearsay.

Amazing that everyone always knows someone or has a letter but can never back it up.

Cowards!
I love how blind you are to the reality lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.

Cowards!
I love how blind you are to the reality lol
I'm the blind one? You are the one who has the proof to bury that darn, cheating Newark Catholic.........oh, but you just don't want to create an issue with that person. But hey.........if someone said it then it MUST be true, right!

I'll make it easier on you. Give me a year and their jersey number. But I'm sure you won't do that either.

Ignorance is bliss.

Return to “Football”