Competitive Balance

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Competitive Balance

Post by Orange and Brown »

My cousins husband was recruited by NC in the mid 90's
Him and a buddy of his. His buddy choose to go but he didn't want to.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

There you go. A better question is how many kids on your team attended the same Junior High?

I'll wear that "Sore Loser" tag with pride if it draws attention to unfairness.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:My cousins husband was recruited by NC in the mid 90's
Names?

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

fortdawg wrote:There you go. A better question is how many kids on your team attended the same Junior High?

I'll wear that "Sore Loser" tag with pride if it draws attention to unfairness.
There you go what?

I just told you that NC wouldn't move up so that tells you that almost all of the kids came from the same junior high. If you don't believe me go look it up for yourself. You will be surprised with what you find. Generation after generation going through NC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

nc green wave wrote:
Names?
My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.
Don't act like Newark Catholic doesn't occasionally go out and find a young man or 2 who just happens to be good at a particular sport.

You guys can pretend it doesn't happen, but we all know it does.
It's no skin off my back, I really don't care if they do or don't.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

nc green wave wrote:
Names?
Names might put NC into some trouble. Might be better to leave it alone.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?
My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.
Don't act like Newark Catholic doesn't occasionally go out and find a young man or 2 who just happens to be good at a particular sport.

HA....oh, of course you won't produce the names. Obviously it does bother you or you wouldn't have thrown it out there.

And if you're going to have the guts to throw it out there then have the guts to back it up. But of course you can't so it's nothing more than hearsay.

Amazing that everyone always knows someone or has a letter but can never back it up.

Cowards!

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

noreply66 wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?
Names might put NC into some trouble. Might be better to leave it alone.
We have nothing to be afraid of. Trust me. Bring it on!

I'm sure I won't hear another peep.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

nc green wave wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Names?

HA....oh, of course you won't produce the names. Obviously it does bother you or you wouldn't have thrown it out there.

And if you're going to have the guts to throw it out there then have the guts to back it up. But of course you can't so it's nothing more than hearsay.

Amazing that everyone always knows someone or has a letter but can never back it up.

Cowards!
I love how blind you are to the reality lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Orange and Brown wrote:
nc green wave wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: My cousin and her husband would not appreciate me putting his name on a high school sports forum.

Cowards!
I love how blind you are to the reality lol
I'm the blind one? You are the one who has the proof to bury that darn, cheating Newark Catholic.........oh, but you just don't want to create an issue with that person. But hey.........if someone said it then it MUST be true, right!

I'll make it easier on you. Give me a year and their jersey number. But I'm sure you won't do that either.

Ignorance is bliss.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

I don't care if privates recruit, they have to get kids in the door! nCgreen says that being exclusive hurts their ability to attract students, but isn't willing to see that they are still able to get kids and make deep playoff runs! A school with approximately 120 boys, has 68 kids in the team, with enough freshmen, 18 to play a freshmen, Jv and varsity schedule. Name a D VI school in SEO that can do that?

The kids they attract are good kids, from stable homes that support the academics and athletics of its children. There 100 doesn't look like our 100 from SEO, with its high unemployment, high poverty, major drug and crime issues.

Privates and their supporters (yes, pun intended) are insulated from this in theirbubble, much like those precious snowflake liberal, rich white kids in college! Lol

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

king kong wrote:I don't care if privates recruit, they have to get kids in the door! nCgreen says that being exclusive hurts their ability to attract students, but isn't willing to see that they are still able to get kids and make deep playoff runs! A school with approximately 120 boys, has 68 kids in the team, with enough freshmen, 18 to play a freshmen, Jv and varsity schedule. Name a D VI school in SEO that can do that?

The kids they attract are good kids, from stable homes that support the academics and athletics of its children. There 100 doesn't look like our 100 from SEO, with its high unemployment, high poverty, major drug and crime issues.

Privates and their supporters (yes, pun intended) are insulated from this in theirbubble, much like those precious snowflake liberal, rich white kids in college! Lol
Where did I say that being exclusive hurts our ability to attract students?

Why should the number of players on the teams mean anything? You have just as much opportunity to get that many kids out for your team. NC places a huge emphasis on kids participating in something, not just athletics but many choose athletics. And there are also kids on the teams who know that they will rarely, if ever, see the field yet they just want to be a part of it.

I continue to say that you should be trying to implement a negative multiplier to account for each and every one of those types of kids to which you refer. But it's much easier to sit back and point fingers and try to punish those who have figured out what it takes to be successful.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

That was fcfan that said that, sorry. As for living in a bubble and burying your head in the sand, I have said over and over again, socioeconomic factors greatly affect school attendance, school performance, which translates to kids not participating. 68 out of 120 kids, 60% of NC kids play football! If you can't see that your kids come from homes that stress academics and being good citizens versus schools in SEO that has to deal with a myriad of social problems, broken homes, foster care, living in poverty and how it affects both academic and athletic enrollment, the it means you DONT want to see it.

Schools and coaches do a good job around here of getting kids out, but when your pool of students differ from others pools who selectively eliminate a majority of those social problems I listed makes the job a lot harder!

Keep being the privileged, pasty white liberal snob and denying these facts.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

king kong wrote:That was fcfan that said that, sorry. As for living in a bubble and burying your head in the sand, I have said over and over again, socioeconomic factors greatly affect school attendance, school performance, which translates to kids not participating. 68 out of 120 kids, 60% of NC kids play football! If you can't see that your kids come from homes that stress academics and being good citizens versus schools in SEO that has to deal with a myriad of social problems, broken homes, foster care, living in poverty and how it affects both academic and athletic enrollment, the it means you DONT want to see it.

Schools and coaches do a good job around here of getting kids out, but when your pool of students differ from others pools who selectively eliminate a majority of those social problems I listed makes the job a lot harder!

Keep being the privileged, pasty white liberal snob and denying these facts.
Now why do you have to resort to calling me names? And you want to call me a privileged snob? You know nothing about me. I work two jobs as does my wife so that we can send our kids to NC. We drive cars that are falling apart and very rarely do we go out to eat. I pack my lunch each and every day. Yet everyone around me at work and in our neighborhood eats out several times a week, drives nice cars, etc. There are numerous sacrifices that we make so that our kids can attend NC just like my wife and I did, as did my parents.

I've already stated that you should be seeking a proposal that accounts for the situations that you've listed above. The point is that the good teams will still be good and the bad ones will still be bad.

No one has been able to prove why certain teams are successful and why other are not. This is not a blanket issue. The majority of private schools are not successful. You cannot deny that.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

For someone who works 2 jobs, you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time online arguing! lol

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

debating

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

I will add my 2 cents now....

I think that open enrollment in public schools and private schools "recruiting" are both happening every day...

There will be a winner and a loser in ALL football games, and most other sports. Most of the time the better teams win but not always!! That is why we play the game!!

The training, the effort, the coaching, and sportsmanship is what is important... Not private v. public!

Enjoy the game!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

king kong wrote: A school with approximately 120 boys, has 68 kids in the team, with enough freshmen, 18 to play a freshmen, Jv and varsity schedule. Name a D VI school in SEO that can do that?

And if there were no private schools, southeastern Ohio teams would still inevitably face public schools such as Bexley, Grandview Heights, Cincinnati Wyoming, Cincinnati Indian Hill, Cuyahoga Heights, etc, which are all public schools of communities that have low unemployment, low poverty, an abundance of two-parent households, minimal drug/crime issues etc.

Even rural, less wealthy public school communities like Bloom-Carroll, Liberty Union, Johnstown-Monroe, Garaway, etc still often boast large numbers in terms of football participation, cohesion, and have the parameters you list to be necessary for success.

The truth is this issue is much less about private v. public than it is the have's v. have-not's. If "private school" is supposed to be synonymous with "inherently successful", then riddle me why the Catholic school that is within a 30 minute drive of Logan has only one winning season in football since 2006? Is Portsmouth Notre Dame, all 18 players they have, somehow in a more advantageous position than many of their Division 7; Region 27 counterparts that have football team rosters hovering around 30+ (i.e. Trimble, Miller, Shadyside?)

Return to “Football”