Re: week 14: Coldwater vs Coshocton

Post by greygoose »

Running clock

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I bet this would be a dandy to watch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I bet this would be a dandy to watch.
Don't know if it will or not. I believe Coldwater will shutdown the run and make Coshocton need to make plays through the air. Think Coldwater gets a couple scores early and you could see this game getting ugly. Hope not though everyone deserves to see a quality semi-final game. I would just think Coldwater having just played CHCC a team some people though was going to take Coldwater down will be them more then prepared for this game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This might be a very close game if Coshocton can establish the run and eat up some clock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I bet this would be a dandy to watch.
Don't know if it will or not. I believe Coldwater will shutdown the run and make Coshocton need to make plays through the air. Think Coldwater gets a couple scores early and you could see this game getting ugly. Hope not though everyone deserves to see a quality semi-final game. I would just think Coldwater having just played CHCC a team some people though was going to take Coldwater down will be them more then prepared for this game.

goose I'd love to say I have knowledge of both teams from seeing them play but I have not seen either. coldwater completely impresses me in an amazing way. as does the MAC and Coshocton that's a bear the fighting tigers have rassled with fer decades. they are always big, tough and physical. and coldwater will dissect you like a frog and are so fundamentally sound. it truly is a gold standard program to follow and learn from. and I'm trying to catch as many games here on tv as I can. I'd love to see it be a great game. but h20 has the ability to be able to embarrass fine teams as burg saw last year. we southern boys need to learn from programs like this and expand on their fundamentals and knowledge of the game. it's an honor to watch teams that are precision, don't shoot themselves in the foot. and no to walk away from a play at the whistle with their mouths and actions in check. that also shows stability in a coaching staff, and speaks wonders respect wise for the players. it's just great getting to see this kindof football here in ohio. if Coshocton pounds away with them massive offensive players and controls the clock like ironton used to, it can overwhelm an opponent an make them push things and make mistakes. I would love to see this one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You are correct the teams that get to this point do it by playing mistake free football or relatively clean games. These are teams you'll see maybe a turnover and 3-4 penalties on the game. I know Greeneview was up on Coldwater when they decided to wake up and realize it took more then just showing up on the field to win. Even that game though I do believe was little uncharacteristic of Coldwater in terms of playing fundamentally sound as they found themselves down 2 scores. I've said this in other post on teams that just know how to win and do it year in and year out regardless of who they lose. Take the MAC, what people fail to realize or mention at least is that these kids don't just play in the MAC for a season or 2 and it gets them ready come playoff time. These kids as freshman and sophomores are playing against the other MAC schools, they're competing in practice against the starting units that go on to win all these games and titles. So they're not only seeing the keys to a successful program from a far but they are getting prepared themselves going against quality teams from junior high on and in practice against the starters who kick them around but at the same time are preparing them for their shot.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Trust me this will be a blowout...Coldwater all the way...Coshocton was big , however the Burg had more running yards 242 compared to 232 and if you saw the game Burg had only 43 total yards in first half because of their un forced turnovers. Coldwater will not have a half like this on offense.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

And this is probably the worst Coldwater team in several years. That says something

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'd never bet against Coldwater or any MAC team in the playoffs for that matter. A whole other level of competition.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote:You are correct the teams that get to this point do it by playing mistake free football or relatively clean games. These are teams you'll see maybe a turnover and 3-4 penalties on the game. I know Greeneview was up on Coldwater when they decided to wake up and realize it took more then just showing up on the field to win. Even that game though I do believe was little uncharacteristic of Coldwater in terms of playing fundamentally sound as they found themselves down 2 scores. I've said this in other post on teams that just know how to win and do it year in and year out regardless of who they lose. Take the MAC, what people fail to realize or mention at least is that these kids don't just play in the MAC for a season or 2 and it gets them ready come playoff time. These kids as freshman and sophomores are playing against the other MAC schools, they're competing in practice against the starting units that go on to win all these games and titles. So they're not only seeing the keys to a successful program from a far but they are getting prepared themselves going against quality teams from junior high on and in practice against the starters who kick them around but at the same time are preparing them for their shot.

GOOSE I SPECT IT WOULD BE EASY TO GET COMPLACENT THERE WITH ALL THE STATE TITLES,AND DOMINATION OF THE DIVISION == MAYBE HARDER TO STAY FOCUSED AND HUNGRY. THAT'S WHERE A TOP FLIGHT STAFF LIKE THERE'S KICKS IN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Westfan wrote:And this is probably the worst Coldwater team in several years. That says something
there are always new cycles of athletes and top teams fail for a few years and lower level teams rise the same. programs like burg here locally and coldwater from afar are maintaining consistency though through discipline and fundamentally sound football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I got this bad boy set to watch on tws with a 2 hour extention.

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

Coldwater isnt the same team they have been in years past for 2 reasons. 1) they dont have that game changing athlete or 2 who can impose his will. 2) This team has been a season long process with so few returning starters. Not only for the players but for the staff as well in trying to find this teams identity. I didnt feel like this team turned the corner til week 9. The greenview game was similar to WB's game with Coshocton with unforced mistakes. Im taking the Cavs in this one and will be there. Coshocton looks very physical and has a nice system in place to move the ball and control the clock. CW has played several "T" teams and did well in keeping the points down. They did have their moments where the opposing team controlled the tempo. I say the key is really CW's offense vs Coshoctons Defense. Can CW get the offense going early and force Coshocton to "keep up"? How good is Coshocton's pass defense? how good of a throwing team have they faced? They look physical, play hard through the whistle.... question their team speed though. Can the Cavs get up for another physical game after CHCA? CW was beat up pretty good last week and lost their starting DE with a broken ankle. What say the Pirates?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Coshocton's defense should keep it some what close but Coldwater wins 35-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS ONE , HAVE IT SET TO RECORD.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Where can I stream or listen to the game?
Thanks in advance

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm watching it on a time warner channel on tv.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have no idea otherwise.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

I don't have time Warner lol
that would be nice just to watch at home all warm and stuff...best seat in the house.

Return to “Football”