2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Re: what will Burg's 2017 schedule look like?

Post by d-5 »

callie15 wrote:2007 is a good example play bigger schools go 7 and 3 missed playoffs, don't care for the playoffs anyway always ends badly for local teams.
Humm.. they made the playoffs region final four 11/2
H
# Ridgewood (9-2)
[5:19]
W
21-13

11/9
N
# Fredericktown (10-3)
[5:19]
L
38-41
ot
# - Ohio playoff game :shock: :o :?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I wanted to see burg win.i really did. and I'm not going to be a party to dissing a team regardless of what their programs fans say of others and hope that is not expected of me, if that's the case you don't know me like you think.. entire fan bases are not based on a couple dozen er so of us posters from each team. it's an honor to play burg,a great facility, and a lot closer than Columbus or cincy. and we simply must get better to compete. even though they are not my intentions to run down burg. burg fans have to get thicker skin if the continue to run the rail on everybody else south of Columbus post wide, it's bound to happen with a loss.but not from me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Massie would be a good series. .

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Wheelersburg is just so vastly talented, they should just go independent and try the following schedule. Easy first game for them. Challenging schedule overall. Should be no problem according to the blowhards on here. After a couple years maybe jump to the Big10 or right to the AFC North. They may be able to beat Cleveland right now.

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
5. Cleveland St. Ignatius
6. Maria Stein Marion Local
7. Coldwater
8. Akron St Vincent St Mary
9. Youngtown Cardinal Mooney
10 . Steubenville

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Oak wrote:Wheelersburg is just so vastly talented, they should just go independent and try the following schedule. Easy first game for them. Challenging schedule overall. Should be no problem according to the blowhards on here. After a couple years maybe jump to the Big10 or right to the AFC North. They may be able to beat Cleveland right now.

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
7. Coldwater
10 . Steubenville
Humorous, but officials in the Wheelersburg schools need to make a philosophy decision about their football program. Stay the big fish in the small pond of Southeast Ohio or venture out into the large pond of big boy Ohio high school football. Choose wisely for the benefit of the students and not for the benefit of fans and parents.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:Wheelersburg is just so vastly talented, they should just go independent and try the following schedule. Easy first game for them. Challenging schedule overall. Should be no problem according to the blowhards on here. After a couple years maybe jump to the Big10 or right to the AFC North. They may be able to beat Cleveland right now.

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
7. Coldwater
10 . Steubenville
Oak I read your post on these threads and I feel very sad for you. Wow, just come on and move to the Burg and by the way I like this schedule Burg would go 8 and 2 my prediction... :roll:

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Sport Fan wrote:

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
7. Coldwater
10 . Steubenville
Oak I read your post on these threads and I feel very sad for you. Wow, just come on and move to the Burg and by the way I like this schedule Burg would go 8 and 2 my prediction... :roll:
I'm sure the two losses would be because Wheelersburg played bad? Probably fumble too often like Saturday? No way can another team be better than the mighty burg.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
7. Coldwater
10 . Steubenville
I'm sure the two losses would be because Wheelersburg played bad? Probably fumble too often like Saturday? No way can another team be better than the mighty burg.

No they would get beat from 2 good teams on this schedule period.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Omega wrote:
Humorous, but officials in the Wheelersburg schools need to make a philosophy decision about their football program. Stay the big fish in the small pond of Southeast Ohio or venture out into the large pond of big boy Ohio high school football. Choose wisely for the benefit of the students and not for the benefit of fans and parents.
What you wrote right here is what a lot of people are poking fun of Portsmouth for doing! Each school has to weigh the pros and cons of its schedule! From the best team, to the lowest teams, everyone is working to get better. But, oh no, let's make fun of Portsmouth from running from competition, when every school does the same thing! Like I posted earlier, pride come th before the fall, one day Burg will decline!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

1. Clinton Massie
2. Cincinnati Colerain
3. Mentor
4. Lakewood St. Edwards
7. Coldwater
10 . Steubenville
no way, no how, that burg wins 2 games on that crazy schedule. much less only losses 2. I think people have went to the clear in their koolaid. and I hain't buyin it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bird-Of-Prey
Waterboy

Post by Bird-Of-Prey »

Get Hartley on the schedule. Ironton and Hartley used to play all the time until the outcomes got a little too one sided. That would get the Burg some playoff caliber game experience without lose and you're out pressure. Having an undefeated regular season is nice but playing week 15 is way better.
Last edited by Bird-Of-Prey on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the last year ironton/Hartley played ironton beat them in the regular season. then met them I believe in the final 4 at logan and lost to them. and a very, very suspect personal foul cost us that game. that and we tackled very poorly. and I believe Hartley won the state after they got by us.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

just realize when you schedule teams like this they are assembled all star teams. and in some ways a true reflection of what your team has. but most of the time it exposes our southern teams lack of depth, as they have drawn students from a hugely populated inner city.if you compete with and or beat these type teams you got a fine team. because the wattersons, desales, and Hartley's will wear you out if you are average.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bird-Of-Prey wrote:Get Hartley on the schedule. Ironton and Hartley used to play all the time until the outcomes got a little too one sided. That would get the Burg some playoff caliber game experience without lose and you're out pressure. Having an undefeated regular season is nice but playing 15 years is way better.
Personally I would love to see that happen. I think Burg needs to get outside of our area and get a good measuring stick game or 2.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:just realize when you schedule teams like this they are assembled all star teams. and in some ways a true reflection of what your team has. but most of the time it exposes our southern teams lack of depth, as they have drawn students from a hugely populated inner city.if you compete with and or beat these type teams you got a fine team. because the wattersons, desales, and Hartley's will wear you out if you are average.
Aint that the truth. TCC had about 120 boys, their bottom 30 players would beat anyone around here. But they are a pipeline to the big ten

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

king kong wrote:
Omega wrote:
What you wrote right here is what a lot of people are poking fun of Portsmouth for doing! Each school has to weigh the pros and cons of its schedule! From the best team, to the lowest teams, everyone is working to get better. But, oh no, let's make fun of Portsmouth from running from competition, when every school does the same thing! Like I posted earlier, pride come th before the fall, one day Burg will decline!
Burg will decline someday but they have been pretty good through the 70's, 80's, 90's, and all of this century.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Too bad Burg is so far away. Athens will have another big upswing with talent

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

The only way Burg satisfies anyone but their fans must be to travel 100-150 plus miles to play a game. There was nothing wrong with our schedule and hasn't been. There is just so much more opportunities for teams up north to play better teams due to population centers etc etc. Burg in last 10 or so years has played Martins ferry, St Clairsville, Johnson Central Ky, Cabell midland wv, Clev VASJ, Newark Catholic, Bishop Ready, NCH. Numerous playoff games vs Liberty Union, Fredrickstown, ACC, Ridgewood, Hartley, Coldwater. List goes on. We are in a conference and that is not gonna change. I thought the NCH series should have continued. Good athletes and they will get better, thus us better for it and not a bad drive. We have a great coach and staff and kids that have bought into the system. I don't think they are upset that they only play 13 or 14 weeks every year. Some schools would kill for that. Would love to see some action from Belfry Ky. Try some larger TVC schools? As for playing one huge opponent a year, that sounds fine to me. Should be first game of the season so you get over the bumps and bruises early on. THat means giving up Ironton or moving them. Not sure I like that. They have the athletes, just some execution problems.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Raider6309 wrote:Too bad Burg is so far away. Athens will have another big upswing with talent
I would think they should play jackson before they worry about the burg. No idea why Athens and jackson don't play every year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

king kong: Portsmouth can still make the playoffs even with Wheelersburg on the schedule. What really killed the Trojans playoff chances this past season was that they beat 3 teams that were 0-9 going into the 10th week of the season (Valley, Gallia Academy, and South Point). Portsmouth got very few points from those teams, and still finished 13th in the computer standings. There are many teams around Ohio that go 7-3 and make the playoffs, even some that go 6-4. A game with Wheelersburg will not kill the Trojans playoff hopes, nor do I think that Portsmouth has to win the OVC outright.

Return to “Football”