2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If all goes as I hope, I am venturing to Heath, to watch the Pirates kick some Bulldog tail.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:56 pm If all goes as I hope, I am venturing to Heath, to watch the Pirates kick some Bulldog tail.
U need to make the trip down to the burg and check out the 3.5 million dollar renovation to ed miller stadium and then get some fred's afterwards

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Couldn't make the Chilli scrimmage this morning how did things go? Thanks

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Heard the scores were like 3-1 in favor of burg but they didn't play much down and distance. Most of the scrimmage was 10 plays and switch. A lot of subbing was going on letting the coaches look at some things I'm sure.

Not sure how jv looked but heard freshman played well.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Heard the same . Pretty even .

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

callie15 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm Wondering how Burg looked in early season scrimmage this morning ?
Defense had trouble with the spread and junior qb is the real deal Mack is in trouble

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Couldn't make it to the scrimmage but was wondering how Chillicothe looked this year ?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Football fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:12 pm
callie15 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm Wondering how Burg looked in early season scrimmage this morning ?
Defense had trouble with the spread and junior qb is the real deal Mack is in trouble
Burg has 3 of the best qb's in the area

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I heard that 56 Burg players set their personal records in weight lifting this week. I see that there are 19 Seniors, 2-3 talented players at every position, 3 of the Best QBs in Southern Ohio, and at least 10 players 6'2" to 6"6 on the team. With the strength, speed, height, leadership, talent and depth on this team, looking forward to a great year. Will they go 10-0 for the third straight year? Potential is there... GO BURG!!!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

After seeing the scrimmage tonight I don't think I've seen a more talented bunch of players at the Burg, time will tell

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Very talented group! Only major fault being their lack of size up front. However they hold their own! Look for big things out of this team!!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

After watching the Russell scrimmage last Friday have to say really impressed with the wheelersburg defense. The front four look to be improved over last year I thought Russell o-line looked big and physical and burg line held their own. The linebackers are excellent inside. Which is to be expected as both are back and were big playmakers last year. Most impressive to me were the outside backers and secondary as they are extremely quick and tackled well. Offensively. They have some catching up to do I though dyer looked much improved over last week and if he is not starting has to be on the field. Can't see why he isn't getting looks at running back. But obviously burg coaches know more than me so I will leave it to them to sort it out. The Oline I thought struggled at times. But you gotta wonder how much game planning was involved it getting ready for Russell stunts. Holden and lowery are gonna be huge problems for any team to deal with. Both are football players (even though one of em thinks he is a basketball player. Lol) Really looking forward to the season. Agree 10-0 Is possible as long as some key guys stay healthy.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

I think with Coldwater out the way this team should have no problem running the table,no one in their patch has close to the talent burg does i guessing running clock in most games

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dontreply wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:04 pm I think with Coldwater out the way this team should have no problem running the table,no one in their patch has close to the talent burg does i guessing running clock in most games
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”