Is Portsmouth really dropping Burg?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Is Portsmouth really dropping Burg?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

I could not blame the local schools for not playing Wheelersburg by the way their arrogant fans act and talk down the local programs. Fancy field, fancy offense, fancy websites, internet littered with homers; it's as if they have southern Ohio snowed that they are this great program when they are not. They are average to above average if you gage by the rest of state. They have just been fortunate to be decent at the same time everyone else has been down. Things will turn.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Oak wrote:I could not blame the local schools for not playing Wheelersburg by the way their arrogant fans act and talk down the local programs. Fancy field, fancy offense, fancy websites, internet littered with homers; it's as if they have southern Ohio snowed that they are this great program when they are not. They are average to above average if you gage by the rest of state. They have just been fortunate to be decent at the same time everyone else has been down. Things will turn.
Has not changed since Wheelersburg football begun don't see it changing soon so stay use to it.
GO BURG! Best football in southern Oh.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

If Burg is average in the state then the rest of southern teams are on the bottom and worst teams in Ohio....just saying lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Oak wrote:I could not blame the local schools for not playing Wheelersburg by the way their arrogant fans act and talk down the local programs. Fancy field, fancy offense, fancy websites, internet littered with homers; it's as if they have southern Ohio snowed that they are this great program when they are not. They are average to above average if you gage by the rest of state. They have just been fortunate to be decent at the same time everyone else has been down. Things will turn.
Has not changed since Wheelersburg football begun don't see it changing soon so stay use to it.
Best in southeastern Ohio....
Cincinnati is southern Ohio lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

8332 Granite St wrote: Has not changed since Wheelersburg football begun don't see it changing soon so stay use to it.
See you're one of those that can see the forest for the trees. If you've watched football at the state level or seen southern Ohio football when it was strong you would see Wheelersburg this year was average and will probably be the same next year. They were legit last year. They looked good because they are playing in the worst 2 year span of Southern Ohio football ever. They will stay the same because you're right they have been solid for years, but the area will be better and they won't look near as dominate.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Wheelersburg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio,and the Texans are the cream of the crop in the AFC South, The Steelers and Ravens are the cream of the crop in the AFC North......get the picture

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Wheelersburg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio,and the Texans are the cream of the crop in the AFC South, The Steelers and Ravens are the cream of the crop in the AFC North......get the picture
Burg is an NFL team ??!!!??? ;) ;) ;)

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak you okay?? Burg is a great program and has been for many years now. Why are you so jealous ?? What makes Burg fans Arrogant?? I see many people from the Burg that are very confident ....

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

all i will say if it's not too arrogant is Football,Baseball,Track,Softball,Volleyball, And scholastic excellence in the school all makes Burg
a cut Above.

If you don't like it

TOUGH

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

Son of Sparta wrote:There is absolutely no upside for Burg playing Portsmouth.

1. Burg has been trying to schedule the Cleveland Browns and they are only open week 3. This could now be a reality people.
2. Burg would much rather play more SOC I schools like Northwest, Symmes Valley and Notre Dame to keep it in the SOC family.
3. Not filling the week with an OHSAA sponsored program actually can help in computer points (just ask your local number Harbin Points master about divisors).
4. If you don't play them, you don't have to see your Alma Mater and where your kids used to go to school.

There are plenty of good teams in the FCS that may schedule Burg.

Who wouldn't want to lose against THE premier high school sports program in the state of Ohio?

Let Portsmouth continue to think they can rebuild their program by scheduling a team they can compete against instead of always shooting for 9-1. Actually, they are the ones missing out on the chance of stepping on the field with greatness. It's Portsmouth loss in the end if you take the time to think about it.
This is the funniest thing I've ever read on here. People don't understand sarcasm. :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

85yards wrote:
Catchup13 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:river valley is much improved, but very far away in comparison to wheelersburg. and will be a pittance gatewise as to compared with the Trojans.
Maybe Trojans not winning in a decade or so is the reason, but how many times has Ports beat Ironton in that time, and then joined a league with them.
I'm tellin' ya, that I've personally talked to 2-different ppl who are close to the PHS program, and they didn't say, they were not competitive, so they felt they had to drop Burg. They said, they want nothing to do with Burg b/c they recruited their star QB in his Jr year and left them holding the bag and then put 45-points on them. For all PHS cares, Burg can drive to Timbuktu to find a team to play.
That's completely laughable. Why would Burg recruit a QB? Especially if they beat Portsmouth with a running clock that year. Grasp for straws people. That has to be the dumbest thing ever said. I'm sure Burg can find a quality opponent to fill that slot. It wouldn't take much.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

piratepride86 wrote:all i will say if it's not too arrogant is Football,Baseball,Track,Softball,Volleyball, And scholastic excellence in the school all makes Burg
a cut Above.

If you don't like it

TOUGH
But apparently not punctuation! :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

I did not gradegeat from burg.......

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Oaf wrote:
piratepride86 wrote:all i will say if it's not too arrogant is Football,Baseball,Track,Softball,Volleyball, And scholastic excellence in the school all makes Burg
a cut Above.

If you don't like it

TOUGH
But apparently not punctuation! :lol: :lol:
They must concentrate on the classes that matter, Gym, lunch, and Home room.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was always good at going from one class to another

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Don't forget study hall.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

By the way, what i excelled at was Detention.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Funny thing about these chest thumping threads is a lot times you hear man boobs flapping together too.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Oaf wrote:Funny thing about these chest thumping threads is a lot times you hear man boobs flapping together too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”