Is Portsmouth really dropping Burg?

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Is Portsmouth really dropping Burg?

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Is this true?? I mean as a Burg fan I don't understand why they would end the series...win or lose they get great computer points.

BTW just another week we can find real competition to play anyhow....rude comment? Yes..the truth hurts.

one Oak
JV Team

Re: Is Portsmouth really dropping Burg?

Post by one Oak »

There are no computer points for losing no matter how tough the opponent is.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

8332 Granite St wrote:Is this true?? I mean as a Burg fan I don't understand why they would end the series...win or lose they get great computer points.

BTW just another week we can find real competition to play anyhow....rude comment? Yes..the truth hurts.
LOL, really?? You ask about Portsmouth dropping Burg and how they get great computer points, they only get that if they win. Then after asking about it you give you a backhanded shot to Portsmouth and Burg finding real competition. They had that opportunity last year and brought in Oak Hill, they choose to renew contracts with teams such as Fairland. So the truth is they've had their opportunities to bring in how do you put it "real" competition and haven't done it, truth hurts.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I bet coshocton was expecting real Competition after reading these clowns post on here. A fumble and some class or they score 44
Points .

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Some of you have no clue how hard it is to schedule football games! First, you have to balance your non league with competition that you can beat plus making sure that they also win their fair share to get you points. Then, you have to remember that the schools you are contacting are also looking at this same scenario! Bringing in decent gates are one thing, but consistently losing doesn't earn you points! Travel is another issue.

Until the Ohsaa balances their points system so that scheduling strong teams gets you points, you have a nightmare trying to find games.

I don't blame Portsmouth if they do pull out of this game, nothing in it for them. Trying to rebuild a program, you can't keep getting beat year in and year out.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

one Oak wrote:There are no computer points for losing no matter how tough the opponent is.
If you lose to a undefeated team vs a 1-9 team you get more points from playing the undefeated team.
also Burg cheerleaders could suit up and beat Oak Hill...other then Burg Southern football sucks.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Put burg in that category too
Played a team up north and we're man handled .
So we all suck for real

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

8332 Granite St wrote:
one Oak wrote:There are no computer points for losing no matter how tough the opponent is.
If you lose to a undefeated team vs a 1-9 team you get more points from playing the undefeated team.
also Burg cheerleaders could suit up and beat Oak Hill...other then Burg Southern football sucks.
you sure about that

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote:Put burg in that category too
Played a team up north and we're man handled .
So we all suck for real
I can smell your jealousy of burg as its seeping through the phone, and I don't even have the smell of failure app on my phone. Let's see here. Burg has been to the fourth regional final in a row. Winning one of them. So the last four years they've been in the top 8. Next year they will field a team that will be just as good as this year. W

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

And when they get out of southern Ohio they are humbled . So go shine your soc trophy while the big boys play for the title

Hint - quit being so cocky and posters won't seek you out

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

8332 Granite St wrote:

You obvisouly have no clue about how playoff points work. Not the first clue.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

fbnut wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:
you sure about that
Oak Hill might give Burg cheerleaders a game.
yes you would get more secondary points...so yes I'm sure about it.
GO BURG!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote:And when they get out of southern Ohio they are humbled . So go shine your soc trophy while the big boys play for the title

Don't forget about the regional trophy and the runner up regional trophies. You are right there are more soc trophies than all the other teams combined. There's only going to be one state champion this year. Burg isn't there yet but they're way closer than any other team around. Yes I'm being cocky.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Crab's Brother wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:

Please tell me how the points work...I most have it wrong

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:And when they get out of southern Ohio they are humbled . So go shine your soc trophy while the big boys play for the title

Don't forget about the regional trophy and the runner up regional trophies. You are right there are more soc trophies than all the other teams combined. There's only going to be one state champion this year. Burg isn't there yet but they're way closer than any other team around. Yes I'm being cocky.
Def king of southern Ohio football but still a whipping boy for the men of d5

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote: If you lose to a undefeated team vs a 1-9 team you get more points from playing the undefeated team.

yes you do

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

The SEO chest thumping, the same one that got Burg beat last night is back again :roll:

ROLL PEAKE
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bbn77 wrote:The SEO chest thumping, the same one that got Burg beat last night is back again :roll:
Coshocton beat Burg 30-20. Dover beat Coshocton 24-21. Akron SVSM beat Dover 42-7 week 11. Akron Hoban beat Akron SVSM 21-7 week 12. Massive difference from D3 to D5

Burg needs to recruit some speed

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Raider6309 wrote:
bbn77 wrote:The SEO chest thumping, the same one that got Burg beat last night is back again :roll:
Coshocton beat Burg 30-20. Dover beat Coshocton 24-21. Akron SVSM beat Dover 42-7 week 11. Akron Hoban beat Akron SVSM 21-7 week 12. Massive difference from D3 to D5

Burg needs to recruit some speed
burgs ok speed wise for a d5 school
keep piling on everyone. get it all out, it's expected

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

fbnut wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

yes you do
You don't receive any points for a loss period.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”