SEOAL

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: SEOAL

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson will never drop Wellston. Easy win plus Wellston always plays three awful non conference games. Jackson's best win points wise

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson and Athens needs to happen
Are you kidding me ?
Two d3 schools 30 miles away

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Plus playing Jackson would prep Athens for NY

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:Jackson will never drop Wellston. Easy win plus Wellston always plays three awful non conference games. Jackson's best win points wise
Both teams should grow a pair and play week 1.

As much as I hate to say it Jackson would do it but Athens won't. Gate difference for Jackson wouldn't be that different from Wellston.

I am hearing grumblings from both Jackson/Wellston camps that this series is not to far away from being done.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Jackson will never drop Wellston. Easy win plus Wellston always plays three awful non conference games. Jackson's best win points wise
Both teams should grow a pair and play week 1.

As much as I hate to say it Jackson would do it but Athens won't. Gate difference for Jackson wouldn't be that different from Wellston.

I am hearing grumblings from both Jackson/Wellston camps that this series is not to far away from being done.

We don't agree on much don but we do on this.
The wellston Jackson series has been played out.
Time for a change . Not fair that wellston stars out 0-1 every year .
Oak hill vs wellston in week 1 on Friday
"Civil War"
Athens vs Jackson in week 1 on Saturday
"Trophy game"

As far as the gate, plenty of Jackson fans would come watch that game on Friday as its week 1 and fans are excited about football

Ditto with Jackson and Athens on Saturday

Like I said we don't agree much but someone with half a brain needs to make this happen

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens & jackson will play. They are not avoiding each other, its just a matter of matching up open dates.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:There was no conspiracy involving athens when that vote took place and their plans im sure was to be part of the SEOAL forever. The invitation by the TVC came AFTER. People are mad because Athens was presented with a better option & they took it. Any school would have done the same, especially when it made so much sense financially!
I agree with this. Athens didn't kill the SEOAL. Neither did expansion in 2006 FWIW.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:I dont know why Athens gets blamed or chastised for causing the SEOAL to collapse. When they left the league had a lot of teams in it & was thriving. How bout taking a look at Marietta for bolting? Zanesville left. Chillicothe went their own way. Ironton wanted out. Even still the SEOAL was stable with Logan, jax, warren, gallia, portsmouth. Five team leagues are not rare, it could have went on. Portsmouth & gallia to the OVC ended the SEOAL, yet you blame a team that left 8 years ago? BS
Marietta leaving was the final nail in the coffin.

Always knew Ironton, Portsmouth, and Zanesville would not be long for this league. Athens was a surprise, but completely understandable. IMO it was the TVC's mistake to send the invite, but you can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Marietta had an administration that came from the ECOL area and when that league looked to expand that admin took it and ran.

If Marietta had stayed - as most coaches, students, and parents wanted - the league would still be around. Even if Gallipolis had left. Jackson, Logan, Marietta, and Warren would have been in a much stronger position to recruit potential members by removing the far west reaches of the expanded SEOAL (Chilli, Ironton, Portsmouth). Those trips were a real bear from Washington County.

I think Zanesville would have been happier with a smaller league (fewer league basketball games, more non-league games) and might have come back. They are definitely looking.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote:Plus playing Jackson would prep Athens for NY
But if your JV team is any good don't expect Athens to play them. It seems that it's impossible to find any players among the 35 on the roster that can play QB when the other team is not horrible. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Ground Buck wrote:
But if your JV team is any good don't expect Athens to play them. It seems that it's impossible to find any players among the 35 on the roster that can play QB when the other team is not horrible. :mrgreen:
lol :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ground Buck wrote:
BAM!!

AT THE RESERVATION
Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

What would happen now if schools wanted to randomly join the SEOAL? Is the name protected in some way? Could hannancoach announce that his school is joining the league and use the name if they chose to do so?

Maybe the way to save the SEOAL is to make it into a small school league.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

ttp

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Rutterkickballer wrote:What would happen now if schools wanted to randomly join the SEOAL? Is the name protected in some way? Could hannancoach announce that his school is joining the league and use the name if they chose to do so?

Maybe the way to save the SEOAL is to make it into a small school league.
Yea, why not bring back all those "small schools" that pulled the old cut-n-run from the SEOAL in the first place? That's a he11 of an idea. But don't call it the SEOAL. A more appropriate name would be the Cowards Conference. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Always thought this should be a league

Athens (D3)
Marietta (D3)
Warren (D3)
Parkersburg (D1)
Parkersburg south (D2)
Logan (D2)

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Raider6309 wrote:Always thought this should be a league

Athens (D3)
Marietta (D3)
Warren (D3)
Parkersburg (D1)
Parkersburg south (D2)
Logan (D2)

As a former Chieftain now retired and living in the MOV, I agree 100%

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With the highways now that wouldn't be a bad drive.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

athens will complain about drive times.......

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:athens will complain about drive times.......

Talked to a guy from Athens a while back and was asking about drive time and he said he didn't play golf.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Raider6309 wrote:Always thought this should be a league

Athens (D3)
Marietta (D3)
Warren (D3)
Parkersburg (D1)
Parkersburg south (D2)
Logan (D2)