WK 10: River Valley (7-2) @ Shadyside (3-6)

moonshine
SEO

Re: WK 10: River Valley (7-2) @ Shadyside (3-6)

Post by moonshine »

Logan played there and they have a vey nice grass field!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

In the early years at RV, the schedule featured Point Pleasant and Gallipolis... and those were not the strongest teams on the schedule, by far.

Ironton. Portsmouth. East Bank WV. Miami Trace.

Not a fun start for a nascent program.

If memory serves me (Dad was coaching for those teams and my brothers played)
Portsmouth was in Year One (1992)
Ironton was in 92 and 93.
East Bank was 93.
Miami Trace was 94.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Shadyside is well coached and plays hard at home. They have improved in each game. River Valley better bring their A game.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

This will be a trenches game. The team with the best line play on both sides wins. I'd like to see River Valley win, but it's too close to call

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Shadyside is playing for a playoff spot. They are well coached and are pretty good on defense. Their offense is not very good at all.

RV should have enough fire power to pull off the win. Likely a rematch with Alexander waiting in week 11. Would be a great one.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Tigers have clawed their way back into the playoff conversation. Need a win here to clinch one in R25.
Shadyside has played perhaps toughest schedule of any team in region. RV is no slouch, but at Fleming Field, Tigers are golden.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
carbon_dated wrote:What schools consolidated to form River Valley?
I'm still picking Shadyside to pull this one out. Gonna be a muddy mess. Rained all day/night Tuesday and more expected.

River Valley was formed from North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, and Hannan Trace in the fall of 1992. In fall of 1996, South Gallia opened with most of the Hannan Trace and Southwestern side going there.
I'd say it's more like 75% of Southwestern goes to RV.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

raiderball...

The location of the new high schools pretty much decided that, didn't it?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

BlizzardMan wrote:
RVRaiderFan wrote:Raiders will be looking to clinch their FIRST EVER playoff appearance. Go Raiders!!!!

RV 28
Shadyside 14
I still say the 93 team was the best. For sure the O-Line on that team was better than this year. This line is good, but 93 was just a bit better overall. And how bout that Athens game? I talked to a guy from Athens that said the refs cheated them off the field. That's a shame if true. One thing that never happened in 93.
i have not read every post and will not but this happened at wellston AT wellston wellston got cheated off the field against RV

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Waterboy

Post by 64594546 »

Is shadyside a d7 team?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

madpolecat wrote:raiderball...

The location of the new high schools pretty much decided that, didn't it?
Absolutely!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
carbon_dated wrote:What schools consolidated to form River Valley?
I'm still picking Shadyside to pull this one out. Gonna be a muddy mess. Rained all day/night Tuesday and more expected.

River Valley was formed from North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, and Hannan Trace in the fall of 1992. In fall of 1996, South Gallia opened with most of the Hannan Trace and Southwestern side going there.
Which one was the school that served the village of Rio Grande? I thought it was North Gallia, but I could be wrong.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Rio Grande is part of Gallipolis City School District. HT, KC, NG and SW opened in the late 50's. Soon after the old Rio Grande HS closed I believe they went to SW a few years. At some point (early to mid 60's Rio became a part of the city schools and still are today).

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raiderball wrote:Rio Grande is part of Gallipolis City School District. HT, KC, NG and SW opened in the late 50's. Soon after the old Rio Grande HS closed I believe they went to SW a few years. At some point (early to mid 60's Rio became a part of the city schools and still are today).
Interesting, thank you! I would never have guessed that. I'd have thought those that lived "in town" and a little bit to the north on Rt 325 went to RV.

The more you know!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
RVRaiderFan wrote:Raiders will be looking to clinch their FIRST EVER playoff appearance. Go Raiders!!!!

RV 28
Shadyside 14
I still say the 93 team was the best. For sure the O-Line on that team was better than this year. This line is good, but 93 was just a bit better overall. And how bout that Athens game? I talked to a guy from Athens that said the refs cheated them off the field. That's a shame if true. One thing that never happened in 93.
i have not read every post and will not but this happened at wellston AT wellston wellston got cheated off the field against RV
Well..... I have watched RV and saw Wellston play and if you look at scores of games against common opponents, I would say RV is better than Wellston.
Usually when someone cries about getting cheated off the field that means they are a sore loser and got they a$$ kicked!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:

RV 28
Shadyside 14
Yea those refs were overheard before the game saying let's let RV get up 35-7 early and see if they can hang on! I mean there are a lot of refs who will cheat and they are good at it! If you get the right ones. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Win or lose I think RV has a 90-95% chance of getting in the playoffs. Ironton plays 2-7 Southpoint, Coshocton plays 1-8 River View, River Valley also gets 2nd level points from a lot of their wins this week. With a Win River Valley most likely moves to the 5 spot and prob plays Ridgewood.

thedude
Waterboy

Post by thedude »

bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:

RV 28
Shadyside 14
Yea those refs were overheard before the game saying let's let RV get up 35-7 early and see if they can hang on! I mean there are a lot of refs who will cheat and they are good at it! If you get the right ones. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're going to steal my username (BlizzardMan) and pretend to be me, at least don't let bevo school you!

BuckeyeNut10
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeNut10 »

How about that '03 team? Bunch of studs...

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Shadyside in a minor upset!

Return to “Football”