Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

greygoose
Varsity Bench
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Should be interesting, Waterford's defense is playing really well. However, Bangura has rushed for 3,789 of his teams 4,200 yards they played 3 teams during the season that made the playoffs now they're in week 13. So it's been no surprise to teams as to who's getting the ball and who to stop. Shadyside coach said they throw it 10 times a game or less just to try and keep the defense honest. Yet, he's still managed to get his yards I think he gets his 4K this week don't think he'll get much more just going out on a limb. I'd say judging by how they've done so far if he goes between 150-200 Waterford will win this game. I plan on taking this game in though, also never been to Logan stadium



Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3159
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:13 pm

I'd say if Waterford can keep him under 300 yards they will probably win

cakes84
Waterboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by cakes84 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 am

Unless the running back cannot play. Waterford will not be able to ajust to the speed of Prep. Harvest Prep makes the final 4 in Division 7.

nerkfan
Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by nerkfan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:55 am

Harvest Prep is by no means unbeatable. It'll take a solid team effort.

cakes84
Waterboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by cakes84 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:48 am

Harvest Prep on turf is something Waterford can not simulate in practice. Can Waterford ajust? Sure they can. But it might be 21-0 before they do. Waterford struggled to put points on the board against Trimble and Rosecrans. Waterford will need to score 40 + to win this one. I don't see this happening.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2707
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by EasternDspy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:07 am

1 Rosecrans beat Harvest Prep. 2. Shadyside had HP beat and IMO Waterford is better then them. That being said Waterford isn't full health and it will hard to win this one.

User avatar
Stone Cold
Freshman Starter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 am
Location: SE Ohio passing out Stunners

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Stone Cold » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:09 am

greygoose wrote:Should be interesting, Waterford's defense is playing really well. However, Bangura has rushed for 3,789 of his teams 4,200 yards they played 3 teams during the season that made the playoffs now they're in week 13. So it's been no surprise to teams as to who's getting the ball and who to stop. Shadyside coach said they throw it 10 times a game or less just to try and keep the defense honest. Yet, he's still managed to get his yards I think he gets his 4K this week don't think he'll get much more just going out on a limb. I'd say judging by how they've done so far if he goes between 150-200 Waterford will win this game. I plan on taking this game in though, also never been to Logan stadium
Never been Logan!? It is a very nice facility!!! Plenty of parking, plenty of seating, pretty good concession. the only gripe I have is with the stinking track. It feels like you are a mile away from the field!! Tracks around football fields should be outlawed!!!! :lol:
And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:19 am

When Prep lost to ZR I belueve they were without three transfer players. I have seen both Shadyside and Waterford. I think SS was better.

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:55 am

rickoshay wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:I have Waterford at 32-20. The Tyler McCutcheon- Braden Bellville combination is simply unstoppable, and with the deep threat of Cody Harris, and Wyatt Lang, Their offense is not able to be stopped. Not even to mention the fact that they shut out trimble 22-0. It should be a good game in terms of the #1 ranked running back in the nation v/s one of the best run defenses. I mean, Cam Curry from Trimble had like 12 yards. So, Daniel Bangura will not get more than 100.
Welcome to the forum BB.

I'm sure you'll get a few responses from this first post of yours.
This pretty much stamps you as a big Wildcat fan :mrgreen:

"bbtrucking.inc" means Braden Bellville trucking ,just in case anybody was wondering. You don't want to give Braden Bellville very much room in this game, if he gets the ball with more than 3 yards of turf in front of him, you are going to be put in the ground. Waterford is much more disciplined than harvest prep is, and harvest has been losing at half time for both playoff games. So as long as waterford comes to play in the second half, they will take care of HP no problem.I see some people talking about health of the wildcats, and there is an old saying in football "next man up" and with the heart of the waterford team, and with something to prove( they have never won a single playoff game prior to this year) who ever the next man up is , I am sure they will complement the team just the same as the injured player.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by icanpickem » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 am

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
rickoshay wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:I have Waterford at 32-20. The Tyler McCutcheon- Braden Bellville combination is simply unstoppable, and with the deep threat of Cody Harris, and Wyatt Lang, Their offense is not able to be stopped. Not even to mention the fact that they shut out trimble 22-0. It should be a good game in terms of the #1 ranked running back in the nation v/s one of the best run defenses. I mean, Cam Curry from Trimble had like 12 yards. So, Daniel Bangura will not get more than 100.
Welcome to the forum BB.

I'm sure you'll get a few responses from this first post of yours.
This pretty much stamps you as a big Wildcat fan :mrgreen:

"bbtrucking.inc" means Braden Bellville trucking ,just in case anybody was wondering. You don't want to give Braden Bellville very much room in this game, if he gets the ball with more than 3 yards of turf in front of him, you are going to be put in the ground. Waterford is much more disciplined than harvest prep is, and harvest has been losing at half time for both playoff games. So as long as waterford comes to play in the second half, they will take care of HP no problem.I see some people talking about health of the wildcats, and there is an old saying in football "next man up" and with the heart of the waterford team, and with something to prove( they have never won a single playoff game prior to this year) who ever the next man up is , I am sure they will complement the team just the same as the injured player.
HP and Danville were tied at halftime. :?

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:21 am

Weather forecast calls for some really nasty weather on Saturday. Bad weather may take the passing game out of the equation for both teams. If the starting senior QB doesn't play for Waterford they may have some trouble. If Waterford can put together some sustained drives and keep the HP running back from getting 30 carries then the 'Cats have a chance. Should be a good game - just hope the weather cooperates.

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:26 am

cakes84 wrote:Unless the running back cannot play. Waterford will not be able to ajust to the speed of Prep. Harvest Prep makes the final 4 in Division 7.
looking at other games waterford has played against good running backs:

Beverly Fort Frye (12-0)/ Waterford held star running back Casey Lewis to about 55 yards (and his average is almost 220) in only week 3
Bishop Rosecrans (7-4) /Waterford held star running back Travis Johnston to about 50 yards and his average was also about 200(in week 11)
Trimble Cadets (9-3) / Waterford held running back Camereon Curry to about 12 yards while his average is around 130(in week 12)
Therefore due to simple math, since Daniel Bangura has an average of about 300 yards per game he will get about 75 yards in the upcoming game If waterford is at its best.

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:29 am

icanpickem wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
rickoshay wrote:
Welcome to the forum BB.

I'm sure you'll get a few responses from this first post of yours.
This pretty much stamps you as a big Wildcat fan :mrgreen:

"bbtrucking.inc" means Braden Bellville trucking ,just in case anybody was wondering. You don't want to give Braden Bellville very much room in this game, if he gets the ball with more than 3 yards of turf in front of him, you are going to be put in the ground. Waterford is much more disciplined than harvest prep is, and harvest has been losing at half time for both playoff games. So as long as waterford comes to play in the second half, they will take care of HP no problem.I see some people talking about health of the wildcats, and there is an old saying in football "next man up" and with the heart of the waterford team, and with something to prove( they have never won a single playoff game prior to this year) who ever the next man up is , I am sure they will complement the team just the same as the injured player.
HP and Danville were tied at halftime. :?
Well, considering the fact that Daniel Bangura is HP's entire team on offense, and he had been shut down the first half of that game, I make the conclusion that The TEAM was losing ,and Danville v/s Daniel Bangura was tied. :)

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2707
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by EasternDspy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:36 am

Shadyside was down this year even got trounced by River.The game you saw LCF vs Southern was one of the worst the Wildcats played

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 am

Go ahead and think that he is all they have on offense. That seems to be a huge mistake many have made.

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Go ahead and think that he is all they have on offense. That seems to be a huge mistake many have made.
I will give QB #10 and TE # 81 some credit but I still think waterford has this one in the bag

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:25 am

81 has 10 D-1 offers so yeah he can play. I think 14 wide wrec is a threat to take it to the house each time he has his num called. I have know horse in the race but do think many are looking past this game. I think when it is all said and done many will say dag that was not what I thought it would be.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by icanpickem » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 am

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
cakes84 wrote:Unless the running back cannot play. Waterford will not be able to ajust to the speed of Prep. Harvest Prep makes the final 4 in Division 7.
looking at other games waterford has played against good running backs:

Beverly Fort Frye (12-0)/ Waterford held star running back Casey Lewis to about 55 yards (and his average is almost 220) in only week 3
Bishop Rosecrans (7-4) /Waterford held star running back Travis Johnston to about 50 yards and his average was also about 200(in week 11)
Trimble Cadets (9-3) / Waterford held running back Camereon Curry to about 12 yards while his average is around 130(in week 12)
Therefore due to simple math, since Daniel Bangura has an average of about 300 yards per game he will get about 75 yards in the upcoming game If waterford is at its best.
Johnston had 103 yds.
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/ ... /93353382/

You forgot to mention Baker for Fort Frye had 10 carries for 137 yds in week 3.

Anyways, Good luck to your family member on Saturday.

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Sorry about the miss information, but they shut him down none the less. And my point was the fact that when the wildcats are keying on one player in particular, they tend to do very good. It should be a very good game as I believe that the wildcats might be losing in the begining of the 4th quarter, but I think that harvest preps lack of discipline will make waterford be able to pull away in the late 4th.

SEOP12
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by SEOP12 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Is waterfords qb playing?

justpassingthrough
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by justpassingthrough » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:04 pm

If Waterford aint ready for the best back they've ever played against, it will be a easy night. He is like nothing theyve ever thought about tackling. If they can slow Dan down, then it will be a ballgame. If not then it will be a blowout. Prep speed will blow that slow developing misdirection, and sweeps up. Better have a plan B cause that junk aint working this week no sir!

Sports24/7
Waterboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: The foothills....

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Sports24/7 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Best of luck to Waterford....Playing on turf and playing teams that were not very athletic this year will not be a good combination.Film will do NO justice for HP speed...the plus side is Waterford will play hard which will give them a chance.....But..IMO...it's on to basketball!!

greygoose
Varsity Bench
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 pm

bbtrucking.inc wrote:Sorry about the miss information, but they shut him down none the less. And my point was the fact that when the wildcats are keying on one player in particular, they tend to do very good. It should be a very good game as I believe that the wildcats might be losing in the begining of the 4th quarter, but I think that harvest preps lack of discipline will make waterford be able to pull away in the late 4th.
I'd like to know about the lack of discipline you're talking about in reference to Harvest Prep?? Do they get a bunch of penalties or something?? Because they went back and forth in a game against Shadyside all the way till the end and winning it on the 50 yard pass, they were tied at 14 with Danville only to go on to win 44-21. So I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to with the lack of discipline comments because looking at those scores and results seems like they pretty fundamentally sound throughout the entire game. Sometimes being to close to the subject matter blurs our vision and we see things that really aren't there. Would like for you to explain or someone who's seen Harvest Prep explain why the comment of, "lack of discipline," keeps coming up by the same individual. It's not a cut on you by any means just some clarification is all I'm looking for. Don't have a dog in the fight just looking forward to watching what I think will be a dandy game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 pm

I have watched Prep three times this season. We will skip over the Fairfield Christian game and the dumb type penalties they had in that one. Against Shadyside they started out like your typical undisipline team. Three false start penalties on the first drive. Over all they had 10 penalties and throughout the game they played as dirty as Shadyside did but I.MO. they reacted to dirty play with dirty play. Against Danville, without looking at my game notes they had six penalties and played cleaned none of the extra garbage. If they play Sat like they did against Danville they win. If they resort to the style they played agai st Shadyside, this game like the Shadyside game will be cliser than it should be.

greygoose
Varsity Bench
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:23 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I have watched Prep three times this season. We will skip over the Fairfield Christian game and the dumb type penalties they had in that one. Against Shadyside they started out like your typical undisipline team. Three false start penalties on the first drive. Over all they had 10 penalties and throughout the game they played as dirty as Shadyside did but I.MO. they reacted to dirty play with dirty play. Against Danville, without looking at my game notes they had six penalties and played cleaned none of the extra garbage. If they play Sat like they did against Danville they win. If they resort to the style they played agai st Shadyside, this game like the Shadyside game will be cliser than it should be.
Thanks, makes more sense then going by that wouldn't call them a team lacking discipline.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 pm

I.M.O. they have gone to a team that has had the habit of being very undisciplined, to a team that has shown flashes of being a very sound team.

Consistency is something I think they can be in this.

Time will tell.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big cat
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Big cat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Ok, so Bangura has roughly 3800 yds of the teams total offense of 4200 yds. Am I getting this correct? The three transfers that came in, what roles do they play?

greygoose
Varsity Bench
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Big cat wrote:Ok, so Bangura has roughly 3800 yds of the teams total offense of 4200 yds. Am I getting this correct? The three transfers that came in, what roles do they play?
According to Maxpreps and the teams stats yes on the rushing totals. As far as the transfers someone else would have to chime in on that one.

Falcon01
Varsity Bench
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:06 am
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Falcon01 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:41 am

Big cat wrote:Ok, so Bangura has roughly 3800 yds of the teams total offense of 4200 yds. Am I getting this correct? The three transfers that came in, what roles do they play?
Pretty sure 4200 is just their rushing total.

greygoose
Varsity Bench
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 am

Yeah 4,200 is rushing total

User avatar
route7
Freshman Starter
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by route7 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:53 am

All I've got to say is that WATERFORD BETTER BE READY and not take this game lightly. They better be ready to shut down the beast at running back and then also be ready for all the other weapons Harvest U has. On the other hand HP better be ready for the Wildcats because they are a fundamental ball team full of seniors who want to keep this most memorable season alive. We will all see in a couple days where the best football is played and where the better coaches reside. Good luck to Waterford... TO HELL WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!

Orange and Brown
All State
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Orange and Brown » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:11 am

Some of Harvest Preps stats.
Attachments
Screenshot_20161117-090950.png
Screenshot_20161117-090950.png (137.98 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Screenshot_20161117-090924.png
Screenshot_20161117-090924.png (135.6 KiB) Viewed 598 times
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

H2O4RD
Freshman Starter
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 am

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by H2O4RD » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 am

Anything on lineman percentages?

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2707
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 am

H2O4RD wrote:Anything on lineman percentages?

This made me laugh

formerfcfan
Varsity Bench
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 am

I agree Waterford is the more sound of the two teams, but HP is way more explosive and I think is pretty well-prepared for the level of football in week 13.

In terms of HP being undisciplined, when they're disciplined they are 100%... when they aren't disciplined, they really aren't that different from the low level Hocking teams that rack up stupid holding penalties, false starts. At least when HP is undisciplined, its in the form of dumb penalties and a couple personal fouls. I've seen HP play for 10 years and they've never had any kids rack up multiple personal fouls nor have they ever had any ejections or fights on the field (same can't be said for some Hocking teams lately...) I think in general the whole topic of discipline for this game is just really overstated.


route7 wrote:TO HELL WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!

See ya at Beavers Field next May!
Last edited by formerfcfan on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glory, glory to the Irish.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: callie15, d-5, minford17, Ohio1234, one Oak, Tartanblue and 73 guests