Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Falcon01
S

Re: Regional Final #1.Waterford vs #7. Harvest Prep

Post by Falcon01 »

formerfcfan wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Yes that is true, I was reading some different articles just to find out about him. His head coach said currently he has D-II offers but no DI offers at this time. He's only 5'7", 170. As far as the age thing goes, I have no idea if he's 19 or not. I've heard I think it is next year that the age is going to be 19 by a certain time and you can still play, so if he turned 19 during this season he will be eligible for next year as his birthday will be past the cut off date. Then again the age thing seems to be all speculation. Watching some of the highlights they do a nice job of spreading the field and giving misdirection looking forward to taking this one in. Looks like the rain they're calling for is in the morning so weather shouldn't be a factor.

I could be wrong but I don't believe 19 is a number that eliminates you anymore. 20 is the number that eliminates you now. If you turn 20 at anytime during a sport/year, you are ineligible at that date. Again, I THINK.
Turning 20 is what eliminates eligibility, and this kid won't turn 20 until he is in college.
Thanks, I thought so but it had been a year or so since I really read all the by laws.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

The winner of this game will play the winner of the Norwalk St Paul - John F Kennedy

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Yes that is true, I was reading some different articles just to find out about him. His head coach said currently he has D-II offers but no DI offers at this time. He's only 5'7", 170. As far as the age thing goes, I have no idea if he's 19 or not. I've heard I think it is next year that the age is going to be 19 by a certain time and you can still play, so if he turned 19 during this season he will be eligible for next year as his birthday will be past the cut off date. Then again the age thing seems to be all speculation. Watching some of the highlights they do a nice job of spreading the field and giving misdirection looking forward to taking this one in. Looks like the rain they're calling for is in the morning so weather shouldn't be a factor.
I could be wrong but I don't believe 19 is a number that eliminates you anymore. 20 is the number that eliminates you now. If you turn 20 at anytime during a sport/year, you are ineligible at that date. Again, I THINK.
Turning 20 is what eliminates eligibility, and this kid won't turn 20 until he is in college.
That's what I said, if he turns 19 during this season then he won't turn 20 until the season has already begun come next year. Which makes him still eligible. However, if he's turning 20 in July then he's out. Looks like someone posted that the 19 yr old thing wasn't true anyways.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Going to be cold Saturday night.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cakes84
Waterboy

Post by cakes84 »

Is this game on the radio?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Expect HP to rough Waterford up pretty good. Beware the running clock! Lol

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Big cat
Freshman Team

Post by Big cat »

cakes84 wrote:Is this game on the radio?
It will be on wjaw 100.9, that's Waterford local station

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Good luck Waterford. Keep the game close and HP will lose discipline. After watching their coaching staff last week, I'm surprised the players have any discipline. I wouldn't want that coaching staff coaching my son.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

nerkfan wrote:Good luck Waterford. Keep the game close and HP will lose discipline. After watching their coaching staff last week, I'm surprised the players have any discipline. I wouldn't want that coaching staff coaching my son.
Oh wow, that's a pretty big statement. Care to elaborate

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Anyone know if this game will be streamed online?

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Goose just the yelling and screaming at players, officials and each other. It was more like temper tantrums than anything else. I believe if you ask your kids to keep their composure the coaches should as well. It wasn't one or two times, it was pretty continuous until they started pulling away from Danville. So if Waterford can get the lead or keep it close, into the second half. I think HP will lose discipline and their play will suffer.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind a good hard nosed coach and when my kids played for one, I liked it.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

greygoose wrote:Anyone know if this game will be streamed online?
I assume this is it.

http://wmoa1490.com/89

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

HP should win by 30....their RB runs for 350

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

greygoose wrote:
nerkfan wrote:Good luck Waterford. Keep the game close and HP will lose discipline. After watching their coaching staff last week, I'm surprised the players have any discipline. I wouldn't want that coaching staff coaching my son.
Oh wow, that's a pretty big statement. Care to elaborate
Disregard Nerk goose, his grasp of HS football is laughable at best. This will be a running clock BLOWOUT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With the weather being bad and windy, this comes down to which defense can stop the running game.

Not one team has shut down the Prep running game, so I think the weather helps them a lot more that it does Waterford.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Hey oaf no reason to get personal. I just stated a fact. Only seeing Danville and HP once this year, I can only see what I saw. Most of the first half Danville got numbers to the football and the game was close. In the second half HP got more space and they have too much speed to defend that way. Most of the time a team with the most talent wins but not always. You probably are right with the possibility of a running clock. The longer Waterford can keep this game close, the more of a chance HP team and coaches self destruct. I've seen it too many times with this school in the past.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wow Harvest prep is huge

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waterford QB is out, TE/DE is out. HP line big and only 1 senior on it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

HP turnover on downs, Waterford ball

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Turnover Waterford. HP ball on own 42 yard line

Return to “Football”