Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by rubberchicken »

Proudofmyboys wrote:
rubberchicken wrote:Coshocton is 7 miles from Ridgewood. The 2 haven't played each other since 08. Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game. They have 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical, not a lot of speed. The Qb throws intermediate routes ok, mostly in the flats. Only run a select few pass plays, in which typically Qb rolls out, usually to his right. Wr is not really used in passing game at all. Tight end #39 is a big kid yet Oline is not real big, backs are bigger. Gonna see a lot of the FB on belly and trap plays. Run jet sweep, buck sweep, Tackle trap and a double inside handoff off of buck sweep action.
Defensively they run 4-4. Defensive tackles are small not great, 39 is one end, big kid solid player. Their Rbs are their linebackers and safety's, best players on defensive side as well.
Coshocton kids play hard, will not be intimidated. Burg is better team IMO. Good luck from the Wood
I like your post.And i ask you?Why does Ridgewood not play them anymore?My thoughts...Ridgewood doesn't want to add a loss to their schedule.Wants to win that title each year.I will say.Garaway surprised me.A great team with talent!But, i think your evaluation is misleading!And i like it...But, i'm sadden that you would root for a team miles away vs a team next to you!I see your still butt hurt.I my self will always root for our Local teams!!![/quote

Coshocton has not been a good game for Ridgewood in the past for the fact that Coshocton plays in a bigger league. When, which wasn't often, Ridgewood was able to beat the Skins, the Skins were not able to win many games in the ECOL. Of course this was prior to the split in the ECOL.
Coshocton is a great program, community should be proud of it.
As far as rooting for Coshocton, that I will not. I've witnessed how Coshocton community has treated the kids and community of West Lafayette for quite some time and that is with a total lack of respect.

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

rubberchicken wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote:
rubberchicken wrote:Coshocton is 7 miles from Ridgewood. The 2 haven't played each other since 08. Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game. They have 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical, not a lot of speed. The Qb throws intermediate routes ok, mostly in the flats. Only run a select few pass plays, in which typically Qb rolls out, usually to his right. Wr is not really used in passing game at all. Tight end #39 is a big kid yet Oline is not real big, backs are bigger. Gonna see a lot of the FB on belly and trap plays. Run jet sweep, buck sweep, Tackle trap and a double inside handoff off of buck sweep action.
Defensively they run 4-4. Defensive tackles are small not great, 39 is one end, big kid solid player. Their Rbs are their linebackers and safety's, best players on defensive side as well.
Coshocton kids play hard, will not be intimidated. Burg is better team IMO. Good luck from the Wood
I like your post.And i ask you?Why does Ridgewood not play them anymore?My thoughts...Ridgewood doesn't want to add a loss to their schedule.Wants to win that title each year.I will say.Garaway surprised me.A great team with talent!But, i think your evaluation is misleading!And i like it...But, i'm sadden that you would root for a team miles away vs a team next to you!I see your still butt hurt.I my self will always root for our Local teams!!![/quote

Coshocton has not been a good game for Ridgewood in the past for the fact that Coshocton plays in a bigger league. When, which wasn't often, Ridgewood was able to beat the Skins, the Skins were not able to win many games in the ECOL. Of course this was prior to the split in the ECOL.
Coshocton is a great program, community should be proud of it.
As far as rooting for Coshocton, that I will not. I've witnessed how Coshocton community has treated the kids and community of West Lafayette for quite some time and that is with a total lack of respect.
It's tough to respect a program the runs away from a challenge. This yearly match up was always much anticipated by both teams and communities. Not to mention that it probably brought the most money in for each school based on attendance, concessions and the lack of travel expenses. This aspect alone was a poor "business" decision by a scared athletic department.

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Post by rubberchicken »

And right on cue...

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

P(irate) wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I can't believe what I'm reading. The strength of this team is the defensive line. Lol. Nelsonville had 54 yards total!,before the long pas play. SMH
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
Let's look objectively here. Burg throttled Ridgewood. Garaway beat Ridgewood by 20. Coshocton beat Garaway by 3. That tell me Burg wins by 29. Early week prediction:
Coshocton 9
Burg 38
NEVER EVER WHATSOEVER COMPARE COMMON SCORES!!!
It never works out!!!
However, in this match-up, there's not much else to say
EXCEPT:

DaBurg is DaShizzle MaLizzle!!!

BURG powers right on & takes it rightful position as regional champions by "shocking" Coshocton!
If DaBurg can keep reloading as in the past couple seasons... I think they make a run for the title!
Not sure when, but if they keep reloading each year, that trophy will drift right down south & land on the hillside over looking the mighty Ohio river!!!

Good luck Burg!!!
Fill up the stands & jam!!!

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Burg by 4 TDs.

SkinsWin
Waterboy

Post by SkinsWin »

Let's face facts. Ridgewood had a chance to play Coshocton this year and wouldnt do it because Coach Slusher didn't want his senior classes reputation or record to be tarnished. He knew by staying away from Coshocton he would only have to win one game (Garaway) which they failed to do. Ridgewood has always been overshadowed by Coshocton and that's why they stopped playing them. I can not believe they have finally agreed to play them again. The school must be hurting for money and knows these games will bring a good gate. Heads up move by them from the financial stand point. From the easy scheduling standpoint which is the move they normally pull, probably not the best move.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

Seen both teams play. This one won't be close. Burg by ATLEAST 3 scores.
Now if it would happen to rain, might somewhat even things out to Burg by 2 scores.
Good luck to the Burg.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

The old HOG watched film on them last night , they will play tight first half , then the skill starts coming into play the second half .
Burg 35 Coch 21 !!!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

What is everyone's opinion on the sudden weather change for the game? Do you think it will effect Wheelersburg passing game and how much?
I really wish this game was on Friday lol
I hate to say it but I think the weather will be a factor....I just hope it won't slow the Burg down.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well looks as if weather isn't going to be a factor, chance of rain is in the morning and it's a small chance at that. Looks like just below 40 at kickoff time

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The weather is a non factor at thus point. It will be cold just like last week and that's it. Burg will bring their A game and Coshocton will too. This will be a good game for about 3 quarters and Burg pulls away in the 4th. No worries here. Burg by 17.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

The storm is coming...........

Go BURG.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Wheelersburg plays alot of guys, but 3 quarters of ball control with those big backs will take it's toll on a smaller defense. Wheelersburg isn't physical at the point of attack, they use speed to shoot gaps looking for the big play. That usually decreases as the game unfolds. Haven't seen Coshocton live for a couple years, but they historically run that WingT well. The misdirection will cause Wheelersburg problems.

If Coshocton is close for 3 quarters and controls time of possession they win the game.
If Wheelersburg jumps out early and gets Coshocton out of their comfort zone, it could be lopsided.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES THIS WEEKEND. THIS SHOULD BE THEIR BIGGEST GAME TO DATE.
Coshocton is very big and tough. this should be a dandy game to watch. as bad as the Wheelersburg pirates have treated my fighting tigers since 2007. I support them in their efforts to bring football gold back home to southern ohio. they are what Ironton was. and I hope soon somehow the Fighting Tigers can get back on their level. so Ole Bait hopes you guys have a safe trip and great results. Go Burg, ----------------- Did I just say that ???????????????????????

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

There's a storm comin that the weatherman couldn't predict!!!!
Burg...Running clock style!!
Only better thing would be if it was at the burg so they could announce the running clock rules.
Brutal to hear if you are an opposition but awesome if you are a burg fan.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Only question I have and the answer to this question will be the winner in this game. Which Team is the visitors (white jerseys) and which team is the Home Team (black)? The Team that is in Black and the home Team wins period. 2016 Region 19 so far is true..

This is the only Logic needed for this game!!!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Sport Fan wrote:Only question I have and the answer to this question will be the winner in this game. Which Team is the visitors (white jerseys) and which team is the Home Team (black)? The Team that is in Black and the home Team wins period. 2016 Region 19 so far is true..

Burg is the Home team and will be in all Black again!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Neutron Man wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:Only question I have and the answer to this question will be the winner in this game. Which Team is the visitors (white jerseys) and which team is the Home Team (black)? The Team that is in Black and the home Team wins period. 2016 Region 19 so far is true..

Burg is the Home team and will be in all Black again!

Then the Burg wins period.........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Maverick4 wrote:There's a storm comin that the weatherman couldn't predict!!!!
Burg...Running clock style!!
Only better thing would be if it was at the burg so they could announce the running clock rules.
Brutal to hear if you are an opposition but awesome if you are a burg fan.

that's the kinda talk you have to dwell on all winter if you lose. I'd be happy to just see them win.they don't need any bulletin board material they are big boys on their own.
I guarantee you Coshocton is not thinking this way. who cares about a clock long as you are on the right side of it when it hits 00:00

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

Not trying to give anyone bulletin board material. I truly believe that if it does not rain, The Burg will running clock them.

Return to “Football”