Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote:Agree O B
The best team won

I think both teams were even in a different style but both teams were deserving to be in game. Coshocton player the best tonight

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought Garaway would win the region but Coshocton upset them with great defense

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Thoses 3 tackles that RB broke on the jet sweep for a TD in the 3rd was something Butg did to stop themselves?!?! We tried to tackle them high all night. Not only is that poor technique, but you especially cannot do that to bigger RBs.

Also, what was the time of possession? Something like 38 min to 10 min? Sure sounds like Coshocton did something right... Just saying.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Wow. Never seen a kid just completely fall apart like that in a game. Five or six fumbles in the first half? Two back-to-back in the first possession? Should have been pulled after the first quarter. Just my opinion, but if Lowery starts the second quarter, they don't go into a 16-pt hole and Burg probably wins this game.

Credit to Coshocton, they played solid, but most of the errors were unforced and were the Burg doing it to themselves. Definitely not the same team that played all year. Nelsonville-York could have won last week if this Burg team showed up.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

ItsMyOpinion wrote:I am surprised with the outcome of this game but I shouldn't be. Smash-mouth football will beat the spread (finesse) 9 out of 10 times. Finesse teams will put up huge numbers and their fans like that but beating a physical team doesn't happen very often.

What a joke , 8 fist half fumbles cost Burg this game. They beat themselves tonight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote:I thought Garaway would win the region but Coshocton upset them with great defense
They aren't very good on defense.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

85yards wrote:Thoses 3 tackles that RB broke on the jet sweep for a TD in the 3rd was something Butg did to stop themselves?!?! We tried to tackle them high all night. Not only is that poor technique, but you especially cannot do that to bigger RBs.

Also, what was the time of possession? Something like 38 min to 10 min? Sure sounds like Coshocton did something right... Just saying.
Coshocton has done that all year. Those backs are studs. To beat Coshocton you have to make them play catch up. Burg had opportunities to get them off the field and they didn't. Coshoctons defense is not good. Cold water probably beats them next week easily.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote:They aren't very good on defense.
It was 16-0 at half. So you're saying Burg's offense isn't very good? I'm lost

Gbo98
Waterboy

Post by Gbo98 »

What kid completely fell apart? It takes a team to win or lose a game.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Raider6309 wrote:
wobycat wrote:They aren't very good on defense.
It was 16-0 at half. So you're saying Burg's offense isn't very good? I'm lost

Were you at the game dude? There was no Burg offense n first half, we really did have 8 un forced fumbles , and it was not because of weather. Redskins has a good offense , however their defense not so good.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

ItsMyOpinion wrote:I am surprised with the outcome of this game but I shouldn't be. Smash-mouth football will beat the spread (finesse) 9 out of 10 times. Finesse teams will put up huge numbers and their fans like that but beating a physical team doesn't happen very often.
Hmmm. Let's see how Coldwater's "finesse" offense does against Coshocton next week. My guess is that it's gonna get ugly fast.

Gbo98
Waterboy

Post by Gbo98 »

BobSugar wrote:Wow. Never seen a kid just completely fall apart like that in a game. Five or six fumbles in the first half? Two back-to-back in the first possession? Should have been pulled after the first quarter. Just my opinion, but if Lowery starts the second quarter, they don't go into a 16-pt hole and Burg probably wins this game.

Credit to Coshocton, they played solid, but most of the errors were unforced and were the Burg doing it to themselves. Definitely not the same team that played all year. Nelsonville-York could have won last week if this Burg team showed up.
And again.... which kid are you picking on? Seems to me like you can't blame ONE player.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Orange and Brown wrote:Down goes burg....

Can't wait to play NY again

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

:lol: :lol: :roll:
Poo Bear wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Coshocton 34
Ironton 10

Coshocton 30
Wheelerburg 20

Pretty similar
:lol:
What is funny ?
Coshocton could've easily had 2 more TDs

Could've scored over 40 easily

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Great Season Burg! Lots to be said with the perfect regular season record, winning the SOC, and advancing to Regional Finals. Not the way we wanted it to end, but looking forward to a great experienced team coming back next year!

Hats off to Coschocton for defeating 2 perfect record teams to advance to the final 4. Good luck next week against Coldwater.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

[quote="marshallman"]The storm was nothing but a sprinkle. The defense got exposed for the weak defensive line. They didn't play a team like this all year. Better to lose this game then to get Mercy ruled by Coldwater again. Every team in the SOC was young this year. There will be better teams in the SOC as well as PHS and Ironton too next year. Funny how evey year burg is gong to be better next year than this year and no one else will. I don't drink that koolaid. Break out the basketballs![/qu

News Flash Burg dominates SOC again next year!!!!!!!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Gbo98 wrote:
BobSugar wrote:Wow. Never seen a kid just completely fall apart like that in a game. Five or six fumbles in the first half? Two back-to-back in the first possession? Should have been pulled after the first quarter. Just my opinion, but if Lowery starts the second quarter, they don't go into a 16-pt hole and Burg probably wins this game.

And again.... which kid are you picking on? Seems to me like you can't blame ONE player.
Not picking on anyone, just stating facts. Talking about Burg's starting QB. For most of the first half, couldn't catch a snapped ball. Which should be routine for a QB. Anyone who went to the game could see that.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Really sounds great to personally blame a loss on a junior in high school.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

No use in pointing fingers at HS kids nor at coaches at this point. Don't blame the refs, blame a bad first half. It takes 4 quarters of solid football at this level to win.

Moving forward, I would like to see Wheelersburg pick up a team with a strong rushing attack early on like Clinton-Massie in week 2. Ironton, Fairland and Oak Hill are not the answers. With Portsmouth dropping us in who will we pick up? Ironton was the team to let us know who we are and what we needed to fix early on, but they are no longer that program.

Fairland and Oak Hill have no business being on our schedule. It may not have been what lead to Pirates demise tonight, but Massie runs an offense similar to what Coshocton ran (Wish Bone, Flexbone/ Wing-T, Power I.)

Power rushing attacks win state championships. Hillard Davidson has won with that, Massie has won states title with that, and I believe D4 Kettering Alter will win the state with that offensive attack. Get a defense that can stop that, with a high-octane offense, and that's the recipe for a state title.

Good Luck in 2017!

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Hail to the Redskins and congrats on the win and moving on. Fine season for Burg, hate it for the kids to fall a little short like that. Sport Fan, you are being an absolute POS and making your community look very bad with your pathetic, embarrassing posts.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”