Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

CHCA sure gives up a lot of points. Do they get big leads and substitute and teams score in the 4th quarter or is their defense that porous that they have to outscore their opponents?
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

knightruner wrote:
Volunteer wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote: This is the least full section last night. I'd say home side was close to 90% full...
Burg can thank the rest of the SOC fans for filling up their stands. They couldn't do it alone
That is not the least full side either. I was on the NY side and from the 35 to the goal line west side was almost empty. But that is a side note I think Burg can win it all this year. Seen the Coldwater game today and they are way down this year. Only two starters from last years team. Burg you better do it this year.

Better Do It This Year?? Why? Just Cause Coldwater Might Be Down? Newsflash! Burg's Team Next Season Is Quite Possibly Better Than This Years.
Returning Juniors And Sophomores Are Very Very Talented!
Don't Be Shocked To See Burg Back At This Spot Or Further The Next 2-3 Seasons!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

CCC is giving up an avg of 12 points a game, maybe BG77 is thinking of CHCA ?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg success the next couple years will be determined by the realignment of the Regions. Next year is the new 2-year cycle for play-off teams. If Hartley stays in Division IV and no private schools or Columbus area schools are added to the region, Wheelersburg will continue to play for the title.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

93Bulldog wrote:More than 50!!! Plenty of parking at Athens. We had over 5,000 there for athens/ny a few years back & it wasn't a huge issue. And that was before softball field was moved.
That's some BS -in 2011 people had to park at McDonalds / how far away was that ?

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

One game at a time. Feeling confident about this Friday and we'll see how the Final 4 goes.

In the last 2 years, Burg team is 25-1, with the only loss against Coldwater. In those 26 games, Burg Defense has given up 7 points or less in 16 of those games!!! Burg Offense has scored 30 points or more in 21 of those games!!!

With the major contributions of Sophomores and Juniors this year, even with a tougher schedule next year, next year's team is going to be really strong.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Neutron Man wrote: Better Do It This Year?? Why? Just Cause Coldwater Might Be Down? Newsflash! Burg's Team Next Season Is Quite Possibly Better Than This Years.
Just imagine how good they'll be 10 years from now since they get better every year lol

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:
Neutron Man wrote: Better Do It This Year?? Why? Just Cause Coldwater Might Be Down? Newsflash! Burg's Team Next Season Is Quite Possibly Better Than This Years.
Just imagine how good they'll be 10 years from now since they get better every year lol

Wow this is truly the smartest statement you have ever made on this site. I agree....

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Wow this is truly the smartest statement you have ever made on this site. I agree....
Evidently alot of kool-aid is drank in the burg

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Armchair ... opening up the practice fields for parking, like they did for jackson/chilli, combined with the old softball field makes parking completely irrelevant. One didnt exist in 2011 & access to practice fields has been completely redone. Unless there is gonna be 10,000 people there, parking will not be a problem at all!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Time will tell Ladies!
You'll see. If you live here and see what this team is like you'd agree.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
The 54 yards was due to NY not being a particularly strong opponent. SMH
They've practically held every team's rushing like that except for Jackson, and they won that game rather easily. So 11 out of 12 opponents they've owned the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. It's not their weakness.
Didn't Waverly have 2 really long runs right up the middle?
Yeah so?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
I know Oak, deep down you want to be a Burg fan.... You do want a drink of this Kool-Aid.....Don't you??

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote:Wheelersburg success the next couple years will be determined by the realignment of the Regions. Next year is the new 2-year cycle for play-off teams. If Hartley stays in Division IV and no private schools or Columbus area schools are added to the region, Wheelersburg will continue to play for the title.
Its hard to tell what competitive balance does to the divisions. Also seems like the smaller Catholics are losing enrollment. Mooney and Ursuline seem to be getting smaller and both have dominant teams coming up

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Sport Fan wrote:
Oak wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
I know Oak, deep down you want to be a Burg fan.... You do want a drink of this Kool-Aid.....Don't you??
Negative. From the stuff I've read their wouldn't be much left anyway

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Raider6309 wrote:
ItsMyOpinion wrote:Wheelersburg success the next couple years will be determined by the realignment of the Regions. Next year is the new 2-year cycle for play-off teams. If Hartley stays in Division IV and no private schools or Columbus area schools are added to the region, Wheelersburg will continue to play for the title.
Its hard to tell what competitive balance does to the divisions. Also seems like the smaller Catholics are losing enrollment. Mooney and Ursuline seem to be getting smaller and both have dominant teams coming up
Glad the Catholic schools are out of the region. They should be totally separate anyways. But either way the losses of the Hartley's and Bishop Ready's combined with the down cycle of local teams has made Region 19 a bit of a joke. Wheelersburg is legit and fortunate that they are "up" while the region is "down".

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

After reading these posts, neither parking nor seating should be a problem. Because, Coshocton doesn't even need to show up. Wheelersburg already has a down Coldwater defeated and into the title game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The only thing certain in D5 is Canton Central Catholic is in the state finals. If Coldwater makes it back it might be a 30-0 payback game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does anyone have any thoughts about the matchup? Or is this the we can't wait til burg gets beat thread?

I Watched that Dover game on utube. I didn't break down the game, but noticed a few things.

Backs are big and hard nosed but they didn't look extremely fast. Line is not that big but pretty good. They run a lot of misdirection and do a decent job mixing up their formations. QB is not a passer but decent at times. Not much subbing going on with this team as they have a bunch of seniors that look to play both ways. Defensively they didn't look that good against Dover when they were in the spread. They eat clock keeping opponents offense off the field. For burg to win they've got to get coshocton in 3 and 5 or longer. They also will have to pass well. Look for Holden to be effective in the game. Burg wins if they keep time of possession close.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts about the matchup? Or is this the we can't wait til burg gets beat thread?

I Watched that Dover game on utube. I didn't break down the game, but noticed a few things.

Backs are big and hard nosed but they didn't look extremely fast. Line is not that big but pretty good. They run a lot of misdirection and do a decent job mixing up their formations. QB is not a passer but decent at times. Not much subbing going on with this team as they have a bunch of seniors that look to play both ways. Defensively they didn't look that good against Dover when they were in the spread. They eat clock keeping opponents offense off the field. For burg to win they've got to get coshocton in 3 and 5 or longer. They also will have to pass well. Look for Holden to be effective in the game. Burg wins if they keep time of possession close.
I don't think TOP is going to be a problem. With the majority of the kids going both ways for CHS I think a heavy dose of the no huddle will wear them down and Burg will be able to score at will by the time this one is over. They can take all the time they need. That should be the only break they get.

Return to “Football”