Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote:
ManitouDan2 wrote:Burg falls a game shy of the final 4 and the haters come out of the wood work , they cant do this , they were weak against the run , got outclassed , got to schedule better , and all sorts of expert advice from the arm chair QB's on SEOP . Congrats Burg on a great great season. No shame in losing a regional final.
Hate to tell you this but this is the same stuff people have said all year long. Burg was suspect with their run defense and they've needed to get a stronger schedule. Don't think anyone discussed being outclassed simply got beat by a better team on that particular night. All season long everyone just defends it and calls it hating. It's not hating in the least bit it is a statement of what people believe they see from a team no different then any other team people say stuff about. ONLY difference now, Burg lost and now you think people are coming out saying new stuff because Burg lost. NOPE, same stuff said all year long just now people seen it in person and realize it was true and feelings are hurt. Call it arm chair QB call it whatever you want but in the end everything people were voicing their concern about with Burg and moving forward was true, minus the outclassed part don't think anyone said that but if they did that part I don't believe.
You can feel it in the tone of the writer if they are sincere but let's face it, people hate the burg. Heck I've had people say it to my face. Lol. It's actually embarrassing. All non burg fans are gloating like this morning but those fans have been hearing a basketball bounce for the last three weeks. Burg will put another regional runner up trophy in the case. Yes I'm being cocky! No need to quote it. I've lived in this town a long time. I know what these players do to prepare and what the coaches do. This was just a lost game but the pirates weren't losers at all. 12-1 record.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

People gonna hate its just the way it is. It's ok to do so just leave the kids out of it.
It's not unlike how burg fans jumped all over a certain Ironton poster after week one after he was telling everyone how they were going to pound the burg the last 2 years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That's different. Ironton is rival game. A local team gets to the regional and people come on the topic to express how they feel but 99% aren't Coshocton fans. Hmmm. And to the player in question, I haven't read one comment saying he sucked, the worse ever. He's actually a great player who had a bad go at it last night. Burg has ran a two QB system the entire year. Both are good at the position.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

The eye opener should have been in week 10. Burg got shoved around some by a very mediocre team from the West side.

Burg had a nice season. Take nothing away from this team. They just got punched in the mouth by a more physical team last night. When they counterpunched the Skins stayed focus and played their game. Congratulations Coshocton and good luck versus Coldwater.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Just went back and read a post to make sure it was still there, it was totally uncalled for about a highschool kid. Right or wrong when you dominate an area like the burg has, when you go down your going to hear about it. All the running clock predictions in every game the burg plays doesn't help. Why can't people just say I think if my team plays the way their capable of playing I think they will be ok?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Because that's weak and not entertaining. Lol. Who cares when the teams play each other. That why forums are fun but I don't think I've ever posted on another terms playoff thread about their weaknesses and how they got exposed. I mean come on. Even if I could care less if they got destroyed or was jealous they were there, I'd still post encouragement. It's the right thing to do.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Wobycat, you can't tell me the Burg community is happy with a regional runner up trophy in the case. Can't believe I just read that. Kids had a nice season but anything short of a regional title seems kind of hollow with the ultra high expectations the Burg community had.

Burg coaches might want break out some Ed Miller and Bob Lutz era tape and watch some physical football that would help their efforts. Spread offense is cute versus teams you are as good as but it isn't conducive to winning against big boy football teams with similar or better athletes.

Wobycat you are a good poster. It is guys like P(Irate) that runs their chops all year long that causes resentment of your team and community. Most schools have supporters like this unfortunately.

Good post fbnut.
Last edited by High Roller on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sport Fan wrote:
marshallman wrote:The storm was nothing but a sprinkle. The defense got exposed for the weak defensive line. They didn't play a team like this all year. Better to lose this game then to get Mercy ruled by Coldwater again. Every team in the SOC was young this year. There will be better teams in the SOC as well as PHS and Ironton too next year. Funny how evey year burg is gong to be better next year than this year and no one else will. I don't drink that koolaid. Break out the basketballs![/qu

News Flash Burg dominates SOC again next year!!!!!!!
You are something else. You have made multiple comments on my posts when I have talked about the possibility that this Wheelersburg was as prepared as the teams the last couple of years. You make ridiculous comments and have nothing to back them up. Then posters who had their opinions validated come on and post and you roll back to dominating the league. No one has questioned the Burg owning the SOC.

Congrats on another great season for the Pirates. If the pickups of Waterson and CJ are true, then they should walk to the final four in 2017 on talent and preparation alone.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

High Roller wrote:Wobycat, you can't tell me you are happy with a regional runner up in the trophy case. Can't believe I just read that. Kids had a nice season but anything short of a regional title seems kind of hollow with the expectations this community had.

Burg coaches need to break out some Ed Miller and Bob Lutz era tape and watch some physical football. Spread is cute versus teams you are as good as but it isn't conducive to winning against big boy football teams with similar or better athletes.

Good post fbnut.
you can play physical running the spread, burg did it in 14 and 15, ohio state does it. this years team just didnt have the personel to do it. Burg actually lined up and ran the ball pretty well last night in the second half which kind of makes me wonder about coshoctons D.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coshocton had no d. But they were very good at running the ball. If burg has a mistake free 1st half they win the game, they got the one stop they needed in the first half. You don't get that many chances to stop Coshocton running, it's their strength. In the second half burg had them at third and 10 twice, only to lose it by a pass. If they force both those punts burg still probably have came out and won. Bottom line you have to get Coshocton out of their offense.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If I thought burg had no chance,I would have said so. But after watching the game Coshocton just isn't that fast on defense and they didn't adjust at all. If burg plays clean they win this one by about 14. Coshocton was hard to stop for sure.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TOP on offense is there D. They are very good at running that offense and keeping yours off the feild. Your offense doesn't get that many opportunities. The teams were pretty even, burg just laid an egg the first half. The big physical backs wore the burg out in the second half. I thought the burgs D payed pretty well in the first half but couldn't come up with the stops in he second half.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
marshallman wrote:The storm was nothing but a sprinkle. The defense got exposed for the weak defensive line. They didn't play a team like this all year. Better to lose this game then to get Mercy ruled by Coldwater again. Every team in the SOC was young this year. There will be better teams in the SOC as well as PHS and Ironton too next year. Funny how evey year burg is gong to be better next year than this year and no one else will. I don't drink that koolaid. Break out the basketballs![/qu

News Flash Burg dominates SOC again next year!!!!!!!
You are something else. You have made multiple comments on my posts when I have talked about the possibility that this Wheelersburg was as prepared as the teams the last couple of years. You make ridiculous comments and have nothing to back them up. Then posters who had their opinions validated come on and post and you roll back to dominating the league. No one has questioned the Burg owning the SOC.

Congrats on another great season for the Pirates. If the pickups of Waterson and CJ are true, then they should walk to the final four in 2017 on talent and preparation alone.
Waverly will continue their upswing next year and that should be a heck of a game in Burg, Jackson had a down year and I look for a bounce back year from them. If they can play Waterson and CJ to go along with Jackson and Waverly they'll have a pretty solid schedule and that's not to mention teams such as Valley, West and Ironton and if they improve. HOWEVER, to try and place them into the final 4 is simply crazy. You have no idea what other teams in the region will bring to the table and whether or not Burg plays worst game of the season in that game. Not even 24 hrs removed from a loss and you're placing them into the final 4 for 2017 come on now let's be realistic.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

People in burg have been saying for awhile that next year would have the highest expectations but you're right. I've seen burg teams in the past have the same expectations and not produce, burg will field a definite contender next season.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Coshocton doesn't try to fool you. They execute their game plan and hog the ball. They can throw it just well enough to keep you honest. Wish then luck as the region champ.

Redskins take a step back next year due to graduation.

How much does Gararway lose to graduation?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Pirates on another great season. Good luck to Coshocton next week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote:People in burg have been saying for awhile that next year would have the highest expectations but you're right. I've seen burg teams in the past have the same expectations and not produce, burg will field a definite contender next season.
That's how I like to see it posted, Burg will have a talented team next year we all know that. If the ball bounces right and they play to their potential week in and week out there's no reason they won't find themselves in this game again next year and hopefully on the right side of the score come next year. As for now congrats on another great season, while Coshocton may not have been the best team they were for 1 night and that's all that counts. Good luck to Coshocton moving forward against Coldwater as I believe most ppl thought their run was going to come to an end last night against CHCC but they only went on to handle their business with ease. That's why the games are played. Again congrats to Burg on another successful season hats off just had a rough game at the wrong time. As for the ppl calling out individual players not cool, takes an entire team of players to get the job done win or loss.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Great season Pirates. A power running team was the type of team that was going to beat Wheelersburg this year. They weren't very big on the defensive line. The staff did a very good job with their personnel and had good game plans and adjustments each game. The expectations were unfairly high this year due to the success of last year's team. Regional runner up, SOC Champs and going undefeated IS a GREAT season.
*Coshocton executed their Wing T extremely well and I'll be surprised if Coldwater doesn't have some trouble stopping that offense also. The Coshocton D may not be enough to advance any further though.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Burg Bias wrote:Great season Pirates. A power running team was the type of team that was going to beat Wheelersburg this year. They weren't very big on the defensive line. The staff did a very good job with their personnel and had good game plans and adjustments each game. The expectations were unfairly high this year due to the success of last year's team. Regional runner up, SOC Champs and going undefeated IS a GREAT season.
*Coshocton executed their Wing T extremely well and I'll be surprised if Coldwater doesn't have some trouble stopping that offense also. The Coshocton D may not be enough to advance any further though.
Agree good post
Burg coaches did a great job this year

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Return to “Football”