Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by wobycat »

Perhaps not but would have loved to see burg play a clean game to remove doubt. Oh well on to the next thing. Great talking and jabbing with you posters but honestly probably best for me to hang it up. It's too frustrating not talking objectively.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good Game last night Redskins and Good luck the rest of the way.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

The Oaf wrote:Hail to the Redskins and congrats on the win and moving on. Fine season for Burg, hate it for the kids to fall a little short like that. Sport Fan, you are being an absolute POS and making your community look very bad with your pathetic, embarrassing posts.

Coming form a West sider go figure.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

wobycat wrote:Perhaps not but would have loved to see burg play a clean game to remove doubt. Oh well on to the next thing. Great talking and jabbing with you posters but honestly probably best for me to hang it up. It's too frustrating not talking objectively.
You want to have an objective conversation by using what ifs?

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

wobycat wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
wobycat wrote:If you were there, you'd known that burg out rushed their opponent and did it all in the second half. Coshocton is a great team but they aren't better. They were that night and that's all that matters. Just curious, did you watch the game?
I was there. I was in the press box. Coshocton outplayed the burg.
Last night? Yes they did but be honest, if burg plays a 1st half mistake free game( yes I know they didn't) who wins? Burg won the second half 20-14. I'll respect your opinion if you say Coshocton, if you can convince me why.
Event+ Response= Outcome. (E+R=O)

I see a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda excuses going on here. If you'd ask Urban Meyer if Penn State is better, he'd simply say, "Yes they are and leave it at that." No excuses from that man. In the news conference after the game, he simply said: Tonight we were not a good football team. He accepted it and moved on.

Also, yes Burg did out rush Coshocton but to use your logic: If Burg's QB didn't have that one long run on that TD in the late 3rd quarter then Coshocton woulda out rushed W'burg. "If the refs called a fair game then they would have let a blatant holding call go, after all, everyone was doing it.

Dude, that's pretty weak and pathetic, it's below the line thinking and doesn't demand accountability. It creates a culture of Blame, Complain, Defend.

When things don't go right BCD creates a toxic culture of arrogance, and excuse making. It makes you want to be a victim and never allows you to progress.`If you screw up and don't get the job done, you own it and then you work twice as hard to make sure it doesn't happen again. As excuses are a path to a weak man, absolutely No BCD will ever exist in my locker room.~ Urban Meyer

http://www.dispatch.com/content/pages/v ... mpid=share
Last edited by 85yards on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Sport Fan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Hail to the Redskins and congrats on the win and moving on. Fine season for Burg, hate it for the kids to fall a little short like that. Sport Fan, you are being an absolute POS and making your community look very bad with your pathetic, embarrassing posts.

The way you cry and whine is funny. You can't take it. You're beyond an embarrassment to yourself and this site. :cry:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

The Oaf wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

The way you cry and whine is funny. You can't take it. You're beyond an embarrassment to yourself and this site. :cry:
My man you do not know me at all. I most certainly do not whine. I sure can take it , Coldwater beating us last year most certainly I said job well done by their team, very impressive, 2 years ago against Columbus Bishop Hartley, wow what a game from the Burg in Overtime, we got beat by the better Teams. This was not the case last night, however I hope that this will humble many people , just like the Jackson game 2 years ago did and get ready for next year. NO excuses here and time to move forward like always.. Proud to be a Pirate!!!!

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

I find it rather hilarious that the Burg posters who trolled every Ironton game thread are crying like babies after their loss. Somebody needs to call you all a whambulance. Do you need coloring books, play dough, or therapy dogs to get you through this?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OB is an OG Troll. Lol. Look at him eating it up. This all you got? We will see who is back next year. You can keep on trolling. Burg will be back yet again and all you morons will be right here to jump on us anytime you can. Keep up the great work. You truly are an inspiration.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ELChapo wrote:I find it rather hilarious that the Burg posters who trolled every Ironton game thread are crying like babies after their loss. Somebody needs to call you all a whambulance. Do you need coloring books, play dough, or therapy dogs to get you through this?
No crying here. Just waiting for our thread to start for next year. Lol

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Some of the fans blaming kids have more in common with IBTT, they probably didn't play either.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

The team that wins the game is the better team for that night. Not necessarily the best team on the field overall but the best one that night. The night that you are playing is when you want to be the better team. Wheelersburg had a great season and has nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to Coshocton in the state semifinals.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

P(irate) wrote:
ELChapo wrote:I find it rather hilarious that the Burg posters who trolled every Ironton game thread are crying like babies after their loss. Somebody needs to call you all a whambulance. Do you need coloring books, play dough, or therapy dogs to get you through this?

Talk about a bad case of chapped butt for P(Irate). Lighten up a little. i challenge you to talk football in 2017 instead of nonstop smack.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Well, HELL!
I had a hard couple of weeks down here in tourist central & somehow fell asleep with my earphones half in one ear around 6:50 on Saturday & woke up @ midnight!
Had to pull a double today & just now had time to log in & see the burg out come! I almost forgot to check score again, but walking dead finally got good again & then I remembered the burg /Coshocton game was long over, so I logged on to check out the score!!!

Kinda shocked.

I'm just used to a decade ago when IHS handled Coshocton fairly easy upon playoff collisions. That was then & this is now. Such completely different football being played & what used to get
"R "
done, does not anymore!!
I truly thought Burg would roll.
I did get a long distance vibe, based on the west score, a ref friend, & a frosh coach friend that made me think the burg could go down!!
Both had seen DaBurg play & felt they wouldn't repeat as regional champs.
I still believed & wanted it to happen for the fine folks of wheelersburg.
It's a head scratcher to read through here & see the disrespect from non-Burg fans & on the flip side, bruised Burg fans' ego's.
It's just high school kids playing together & maturing as young men!
So many valuable lessons being learned doing so & even lessons being handed out for free to those whose ego's cannot take loss.
Just remember ; this too shall pass & the solid play being passed around SE Ohio, with Burg leading the way, will only strenghthen other teams.
It'll be very competitive among many in a couple of years!
Until then, ColdH20 is laying down the drip-drip/ brr-brr torture treatment to any1 in their way. They're beatable, but MAC PLAY has them ready for postseason & they usually see their strongest foes within their region & then it just gets easier for them to cruise to another title! They just totally manhandle teams in their way!!!
I hope all kids along the river stay motivated, get fired up to bring home league championships & then become state champions soon!

I strongly feel that'll happen soon!
&
More than likely by a team that many don't give consideration!

Keep setting the bar high Burg players & fans!!!

It's catchy & inspirational to us all!!!

Good luck Coshocton....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

High Roller wrote:
P(irate) wrote:

Talk about a bad case of chapped butt for P(Irate). Lighten up a little. i challenge you to talk football in 2017 instead of nonstop smack.
Lol. No chapped butt here. Finally got done picking feathers out of my teeth last night. I do talk football. It's just not what you all want to hear. The Butt Hurt is strong with this one. :roll:

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

wobycat wrote:Dude that's why they call them upsets. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. It's got nothing to do with sleeping better lol. That's my point, burg was upset last night. It's baffling that posters are missing that and can't be objective. S
That's where you're wrong. It was not an upset. Wheelersburg has had a really good run lately, but this team was weak in 2 major position groups (offensive line and interior defense). They met a team that could compete enough in the other phases of the game to where the weak run defense beat them. This team had good athletes, but if you put them back in time (say 5, 10, 15 years), they would've been very average.
Last edited by Oak on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

LOL! Yea I figure they're all "butt hurt" over the thrashing they took, and need to put some "seasoning on that crow they're eating." :mrgreen:

Oh yea, looks like that D-line got dominated. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by I'mproudofmyboys »

:D :lol:
The Oaf wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Judging by past games this season, Coshocton gives up points. Burg Does Not. Havent allowed more than 19 points in a game a that was once. Very few points allowed
Not saying it will be the case here, but when you are giving up 20-30 to lower quality teams..... Burg's offense "should" exploit Coshocton's Defense
I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!
Those are really bad D4 teams. Really bad. Burg will win comfortably.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote::D :lol:
The Oaf wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote: I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!
Those are really bad D4 teams. Really bad. Burg will win comfortably.

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by I'mproudofmyboys »

Just seen your post...I'm not going to rub it in.But, feel my thoughts were on point.Great season pirates!And this is coming from a humble Coshocton Alumni...

Return to “Football”