Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by I'mproudofmyboys »

irishfootball wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
wobycat wrote:Coshocton had no d. But they were very good at running the ball. If burg has a mistake free 1st half they win the game, they got the one stop they needed in the first half. You don't get that many chances to stop Coshocton running, it's their strength. In the second half burg had them at third and 10 twice, only to lose it by a pass. If they force both those punts burg still probably have came out and won. Bottom line you have to get Coshocton out of their offense.
Coshocton has several players that play both offense and Defense.And many were playing hurt in that game.I'm not one to trash talk.But, since you did.I will defend!Was Burg overated.Don't know.But, will say.No one thought Coshocton would beat Ironton.But,we did!No one thought we would beat Garaway!But, we did.(Garaway should of been the 1# team in the state!)No one thought Coshocton would beat the Burg!But we did!Coshocton controlled the game that night!We look to be a little bit healthier this week.I'm sure we will be the underdog against a Great Coldwater team.And that's fine...Just happy to make it to the top 4!
Coshocton is having a great season but please elaborate on why you believe Garaway should have been the #1 team in the state.
Garaway was ranked #4....Is that not correct?Burg was ranked #1....Is that correct.Garaway was a tough team to beat.Only lost by 3...Is that not correct ?Burg trailed the whole game.Is that not correct?Coshocton lost a fumble going into the end zone.Which could have made the score worse.And Coshocton was only running the time out at the end of the game.Was not trying to score again.That is correct....For someone to say they have no D....Is crazy!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
irishfootball wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote: Coshocton has several players that play both offense and Defense.And many were playing hurt in that game.I'm not one to trash talk.But, since you did.I will defend!Was Burg overated.Don't know.But, will say.No one thought Coshocton would beat Ironton.But,we did!No one thought we would beat Garaway!But, we did.(Garaway should of been the 1# team in the state!)No one thought Coshocton would beat the Burg!But we did!Coshocton controlled the game that night!We look to be a little bit healthier this week.I'm sure we will be the underdog against a Great Coldwater team.And that's fine...Just happy to make it to the top 4!
Coshocton is having a great season but please elaborate on why you believe Garaway should have been the #1 team in the state.
Garaway was ranked #4....Is that not correct?Burg was ranked #1....Is that correct.Garaway was a tough team to beat.Only lost by 3...Is that not correct ?Burg trailed the whole game.Is that not correct?Coshocton lost a fumble going into the end zone.Which could have made the score worse.And Coshocton was only running the time out at the end of the game.Was not trying to score again.That is correct....For someone to say they have no D....Is crazy!
Be careful IPOM, you'll get these guys and Oaf all "butt hurt" again. I just talked one of them off a ledge. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I wish ppl would cut out the BS and talk football.

The WIng-T when ran correctly is a great offense. I'm not surprised at all to see Coshocton beat Wheelersburg, but I thought I'd be closer than what is was. Like 28-24. Later in the year when the weather starts to get nasty, these spread teams have trouble, and the ground and pound teams usually prevail.

Anyhow, 12-1 is nothing to be ashamed of and many would give anything to have the opportunity to play for a regional championship.

I can't find any stats, anyone have them or know a link? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by vladimir on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

I can't even trash talk if i wanted too.I wasn't raised that way...I just pointed out some facts to him...I will say....They have a great program and feel they may have a good chance of going further next year...

DickyV
Waterboy

Post by DickyV »

OMG, Bucky, My Man...let it go dude...i mean, 9 posts on here in the last 5 hours? Dude, some people work for a living..OMG, game was 48 hours ago and you still talking smack...OMG I don't have time to read all your pages on my break...Dude, Coschocton played better Saturday and Burg turned it over too many times...Case closed...Not sure where you are from...If from Coschocton, of course I wish you the best of luck Saturday and hope you guys win...If you just a hater from another place, get over yourself...My work breaks over...enjoy your typing

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote::D :lol:
You really should read all my posts on this thread before you cherry pick just one. :roll: I was but a neutral observer. Those are indeed bad D4 squads, no matter how thick your homer goggles are. My position hasn't changed on that. Most people predicted a pirate win last week, I won't apologize for for my prediction. Upsets happen all the time. You will need the football gods to shine their fortune on you again this week in much the same manner. Good luck!
"Butt hurt" much? :mrgreen:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote: Ground (Butt Hurt) Chuck....Again....The D3 squad knows us and we had held out 2 of our running backs.Those d4 squads.Gave us a decent game.Again...We held out our top running back.He didn't play from the 8 week to the Garaway Game.And Those bad D4 teams you spoke about.We play them every year and know us.I'm confused to hear one say they are bad teams when one has hardly played them!Coshocton is just a small Hick town!
Last edited by I'mproudofmyboys on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
You really should read all my posts on this thread before you cherry pick just one. :roll: I was but a neutral observer. Those are indeed bad D4 squads, no matter how thick your homer goggles are. My position hasn't changed on that. Most people predicted a pirate win last week, I won't apologize for for my prediction. Upsets happen all the time. You will need the football gods to shine their fortune on you again this week in much the same manner. Good luck!
"Butt hurt" much? :mrgreen:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote:I can't even trash talk if i wanted too.I wasn't raised that way...I just pointed out some facts to him...I will say....They have a great program and feel they may have a good chance of going further next year...
Do you have any idea how the quote system works?

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
irishfootball
Waterboy

Post by irishfootball »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
irishfootball wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote: Coshocton has several players that play both offense and Defense.And many were playing hurt in that game.I'm not one to trash talk.But, since you did.I will defend!Was Burg overated.Don't know.But, will say.No one thought Coshocton would beat Ironton.But,we did!No one thought we would beat Garaway!But, we did.(Garaway should of been the 1# team in the state!)No one thought Coshocton would beat the Burg!But we did!Coshocton controlled the game that night!We look to be a little bit healthier this week.I'm sure we will be the underdog against a Great Coldwater team.And that's fine...Just happy to make it to the top 4!
What are you ranting about? I simply asked why Garaway should have been the number 1 team in the state. They didn't even get out of the region so it's hard for me to see how they should be number one in the state.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

If you didn't vote for LaSalle, Hoban, and Coldwater as number 1, you should lose your vote

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

irishfootball wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
irishfootball wrote:
What are you ranting about? I simply asked why Garaway should have been the number 1 team in the state. They didn't even get out of the region so it's hard for me to see how they should be number one in the state.
My response was to Wobycat one that said Coshocton had no D!Just going by the rankings i had last seen.And the two teams we had played.Again...Garaway put the scare to this Coshocton Fan.As far as the Burg team.Sorry to say...The reminded me of playing our Wood team.Never felt like it was a threat.I can only hope Coldwater matches up to us the same as Burg...If not...I'm Happy to see Coshocton go this far.... But, i do understand why you asked why a team that lost would be ranked over another that went further.I"ll put it this way.I feel Garaway was a better team than Burg.At least against us.As far as those other teams..Not sure...Just heard the Burg was all that...

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
irishfootball wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote: Garaway was ranked #4....Is that not correct?Burg was ranked #1....Is that correct.Garaway was a tough team to beat.Only lost by 3...Is that not correct ?Burg trailed the whole game.Is that not correct?Coshocton lost a fumble going into the end zone.Which could have made the score worse.And Coshocton was only running the time out at the end of the game.Was not trying to score again.That is correct....For someone to say they have no D....Is crazy!
My response was to Wobycat one that said Coshocton had no D!Just going by the rankings i had last seen.And the two teams we had played.Again...Garaway put the scare to this Coshocton Fan.As far as the Burg team.Sorry to say...The reminded me of playing our Wood team.Never felt like it was a threat.I can only hope Coldwater matches up to us the same as Burg...If not...I'm Happy to see Coshocton go this far.... But, i do understand why you asked why a team that lost would be ranked over another that went further.I"ll put it this way.I feel Garaway was a better team than Burg.At least against us.As far as those other teams..Not sure...Just heard the Burg was all that...

Enjoy this ride while you can. If I have not seen the Burg play myself all year, I would say the same, after this game, Burg is over rated , Garaway was better team than Burg ETC. I have ever seen a good Team like the Burg have un forced fumbles (8) in first half, and 3 turnovers on their on 30 yard line , wow. By are due respect the Redskins should have had 28 points because of this. However the did not because the Burg defense stood up. The run did not hurt Burg defense , on many 3rd and longs , the pass .half back pass did. credit to the Redskins. I guess I would not have seen a threat either, however QTR 3 had to get your attention with 3 Touchdowns in one QTR at ease by the way. Burg was for sure the better team and this was a upset, with saying that hats off to the Redskins and good luck this Weekend you will need it, Coldwater will be the same match up as the Burg you will get your wish. However different outcome..

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

Raider6309 wrote:If you didn't vote for LaSalle, Hoban, and Coldwater as number 1, you should lose your vote

Aint that the truth. The voting is a joke. Every year in every sport.

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Sport Fan wrote:
I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
irishfootball wrote:

Enjoy this ride while you can. If I have not seen the Burg play myself all year, I would say the same, after this game, Burg is over rated , Garaway was better team than Burg ETC. I have ever seen a good Team like the Burg have un forced fumbles (8) in first half, and 3 turnovers on their on 30 yard line , wow. By are due respect the Redskins should have had 28 points because of this. However the did not because the Burg defense stood up. The run did not hurt Burg defense , on many 3rd and longs , the pass .half back pass did. credit to the Redskins. I guess I would not have seen a threat either, however QTR 3 had to get your attention with 3 Touchdowns in one QTR at ease by the way. Burg was for sure the better team and this was a upset, with saying that hats off to the Redskins and good luck this Weekend you will need it, Coldwater will be the same match up as the Burg you will get your wish. However different outcome..
I feel your response was kind.And i thank you.As far as the 3rd quarter.Our boys did come out over confident.And it showed.And they corrected it.Again.If your saying what if.Coshocton should have not fumbled at the goalline.And would have tried to score at the end of the game (if) it was different.All the same....Burg is a playoff powerhouse that may of had an off night against a small town Coshocton team that proved their worth.As far as Coldwater.They are another Powerhouse.History has shown that...All respect to them and the Burg all joking aside.

Return to “Football”