2017 Jackson Ironmen

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: 2017 Jackson Ironmen

Post by Poo Bear »

Yes I92 there will be a stable of backs .
Blake Mcoy SR, wherever he plays, will be a the threat to go to the house each time he touches the ball. He is fast and has great vision and not afraid of contact.

Reid Evans JR is another Burner who is very shifty.
Brody Landrum JR is a downhill harsnosed runner.
Kendal Neal SR may Carry the ball some out of a full house backfield. Hard nosed kid.
Matt Humphreys JR has went back and forth from fullback to guard but if needed he can carry the rock .
Caleb Haller JR is another bruiser who gets downhill .
Brice Graham SO is a combo of speed and power and I think he'll be involved in thw offense more this season.

Replacing 4 year starter and pound for pound one the thoughts kids I've ever seen play on Johnny Farley will be rough but Jackson has some kids who should step up.
I would like to see the Ironmen go to a full house backfield more and say here we come try and stop it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo Bear wrote:Yes I92 there will be a stable of backs .
Blake Mcoy SR, wherever he plays, will be a the threat to go to the house each time he touches the ball. He is fast and has great vision and not afraid of contact.

Reid Evans JR is another Burner who is very shifty.
Brody Landrum JR is a downhill harsnosed runner.
Kendal Neal SR may Carry the ball some out of a full house backfield. Hard nosed kid.
Matt Humphreys JR has went back and forth from fullback to guard but if needed he can carry the rock .
Caleb Haller JR is another bruiser who gets downhill .
Brice Graham SO is a combo of speed and power and I think he'll be involved in thw offense more this season.

Replacing 4 year starter and pound for pound one the thoughts kids I've ever seen play on Johnny Farley will be rough but Jackson has some kids who should step up.
I would like to see the Ironmen go to a full house backfield more and say here we come try and stop it.
With the loss of the best passing QB Jackson has had and the line has another year under their belt teams better be fully committed to stopping the run.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironman92 wrote:The Ironmen backfield should be pretty special
Are you going to have an offensive line or a defense that resembles anything like 2014?

The backs don't scare me, I think we can match anyone's "athletes".

Will you have the personnel (with experience) that can go unbalanced and block and/or trap out of it and move the defensive front around? From the post above there seems to be some size. 2014's offensive line execution was very good.

The defense that year was also pretty solid also, will you have similar personnel? I know some of our recent freshman games of a year or two ago had some Jackson players that were good.

Week 5 should be another good game I think that will be closer than the last couple of years.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I completely forgot about Caleb Storms . 5 10 190lb senior who is hard nosed as they come abs can fly. He runs Like a back should run. Hell wreak havoc on offense and defense .

If Jackson does what Jackson does and runs full house and plays smash mouth football they'll be in every game .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Abe Froman wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:The Ironmen backfield should be pretty special
Are you going to have an offensive line or a defense that resembles anything like 2014?

The backs don't scare me, I think we can match anyone's "athletes".

Will you have the personnel (with experience) that can go unbalanced and block and/or trap out of it and move the defensive front around? From the post above there seems to be some size. 2014's offensive line execution was very good.

The defense that year was also pretty solid also, will you have similar personnel? I know some of our recent freshman games of a year or two ago had some Jackson players that were good.

Week 5 should be another good game I think that will be closer than the last couple of years.
The o-line will be very good and the defense will be very good. Week 5 will be a close battle

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Im guessing 7-3/6-4! Burg won't be close, Chilli and Curthouse can, and should, beat them.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan9 wrote:Im guessing 7-3/6-4! Burg won't be close, Chilli and Curthouse can, and should, beat them.
Agree , those will be 3 tough hurdles for the Ironmen .

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

I don't see Jackson losing four games this year. These three grades (Sr,Jr, and Soph) look to be been some tough special classes. But I am also an outsider looking in.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Thanos wrote:I don't see Jackson losing four games this year. These three grades (Sr,Jr, and Soph) look to be been some tough special classes. But I am also an outsider looking in.
They for sure have a lot of potential but all that means is they haven't accomplished a darn thing yet. Games will be won now , before and after school in the weight room. Depends on how many kids buy in and who wants it be about the individual . These are factors that can't be seen or factored into teams until they rear they ugly head. If the kids check their ego at the door this could be another good run for the Ironmen . If it all about individuals they'll be around 6-4 or 5-5

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson should go at least 8-2 unless Jackson has a huge drop off. Chillicothe and Burg will be the big games. The other 8 should be wins

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:Jackson should go at least 8-2 unless Jackson has a huge drop off. Chillicothe and Burg will be the big games. The other 8 should be wins
We'll see raider . Court , trace , Hillsboro won't just lay down for Jackson .

It seems like the battle now is year in year out getting kids to buy into their roles and keeping feelings from being hurt. It's a different era

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Jackson has a QB that can pass and run they will continue as they have been.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

noreply66 wrote:If Jackson has a QB that can pass and run they will continue as they have been.
Jackson will have several option at qb in my opinion. In no particular order.
Kendal Neal Sr big strong kid , has played qb in the past .
Peyton speakman Sr knows the offense , was backup last season, smart player.
Cooper Donaldson Jr played wide out last season, has qb for many years. Has good arm , good height , good enough speed to play it
Blake McCoy Sr probably fastest player on team, excellent player make with ball in hands, not sure if he's ever been behind center
Ty Ruckel So has qb for 3 years, knows the offense , strong kid .

Coach Hall will find a qb with this crop of players .

I think this years Jackson qb will juat have to run the offense , don't turn the ball over , let the big boys up front and backfield chew up yardage

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Just saw that Jackson has finalized their scrimmages for the 2017 season.

August 8th @ Logan Elm - 10:00AM
August 12th @ Cabell-Midland (WV) - 6:30PM

Two very solid tests before the season begins.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes, very good opponents

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My understanding Jackson has a transfer QB in the fold from Point Pleasant..

Iron curtain
Waterboy

Post by Iron curtain »

svac83 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 pm My understanding Jackson has a transfer QB in the fold from Point Pleasant..
I heard that too. They said he can throw 50yds into a trash can. Hopefully Jackson can revive a playoff run that is much need for Hall.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Jackson QB this year is Blake McCoy. Should be very interesting.

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to Jackson this season.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Pretty quiet so far this summer.

How has Jackson done at their 7-on-7s lately?

McCoy definitely playing QB, or is Icenhower from Point gonna contend for the starting job? Blake McCoy is a fantastic athlete. He would be a nightmare for opposing defenses with the ball in his hands on every play.

Return to “Football”