23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

nc green wave
Waterboy

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave »

That's not an opinion it's an accusation. Have the guts to attempt to back it up.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trust me all the kids on the Fort team live in the district. Not any open enrollment players just a great group of Srs that's been together for awhile.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I love the crying fans do when it comes to private schools, but always have some loser type excuse as to why the open enrollment schools are OK.

#IWENTOAPUBLICSCHOOL

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's not the Fort fans in here complaining.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

TVC wrote:I am entitled to my opinion and I share it with 80% of high school sports fans in Ohio.
Good luck Fort Frye beat the private school from Newark.

NC had some really good transfers in the earlier years. With football now being more competitive than it was in the 70's and 80's, many of the players stay in their home districts. The expansion of the playoffs and now with just about every team in Ohio working in the weight room, speed training, etc.., you really don't see any athletes transferring into NC. In the earlier years, if a kid really loved football, they may have transferred because they knew at NC they would almost be guaranteed 12-13-14 games of football instead of the basic 10 and it's over. Now, if your school has a good year you are still going to get 11-12 or even 13 games of you have a good season. In the past 5-10 years there has not been one transfer that has been a difference maker. The kids that went through the system were the kids that basically played and became the core of the team. The kid that transferred from the Newark County School this past year is a really good player, and he will be a huge weapon next year. Other than that, NC hasn't had a transfer that anyone could say has been a difference maker. You could look it up but with the exception of the Newark County 76 or 77 team, the only county school that ever made the playoffs through the 80's may have been L Valley in the late 80's. Be a good stat to look up to see when any of the county schools made the playoffs for the first time. NC was pretty much a playoff contender from the beginning of the OHSAA playoffs. Other than that, nobody made the playoffs until later. Granville had a 10-0 year and they didn't make it. Johnstown had a 10-0 year and they did not make it. Watkins may have had a couple playoff appearances in the 90's. Since 2000, just about every County school has had at least a couple playoff appearances. Heath has had a couple, Granville has had quite a few, L Valley was a power in the early 2000's, Newark even made an appearance in the early 2000's. Heights has been in the playoffs. The only teams that have not made the playoffs ever may be Northridge, Lakewood, and Utica. Other than that they have all had a couple playoff berths. Plus, NC used to rip right through the county for the most part but not anymore. Johnstown beats them about every year, Heath bullied them this past year. Valley beat them just about every year until this past year, and for the most part Heights and Watkins beats them every year. It wasn't that way in the golden era for NC. NC usually had a 10-0 or 9-1 season before they went to the playoffs and won the county league just about every year before it broke up. And every year the team to beat was usually a different county team, depending on who had a good class of seniors that year. To sum it up, NC really does not recruit. NC just doesn't have the edge they used to have. High School football is now an equal opportunity weight room-speed training sport. The next couple years will be some really tough years for NC, especially if they have to go D5 until Competitive Balance is scrapped.

Take a good look when you see NC and then make the assessment of whether or not you think they recruit. Ft. Frye can certainly play with them. It will be just a matter of how Ft Frye performs being in this spot for the first time ever>>>>I think so...correct me if I'm wrong)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have been to a Lakewood playoff game and to a Utica playoff game.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Chalito - I was fortunate to play for NC back in the 80's and I can assure you that we had less transfers then than there are now. And typically those who transferred in couldn't cut it. And before certain posters start jumping all over me about transfers what I mean is getting kids from other Catholic feeder schools. This didn't happen back in the 80's but now folks that live in Pataskala or Reynoldsburg may choose to send their kids to NC rather than Hartley since the tuition is less at NC and the drive is closer or very close to the same. Also some of the parochial high schools have closed so you have Mt. Vernon as an example and those kids drive to NC as that is their closest option. That is my contention with the competitive balance proposal. If a kid was never a part of the public system then they should not be multiplied, especially if they are selecting the closest parochial high school. Something else that should be considered is the legacy factor if you have generations attending the school even though they may live outside of Newark. The idea of only choosing one feeder school is ludicrous, especially when the city of Newark has two parochial grade schools and only one parochial high school.

I always loved what JD Graham used to yell at us at practice - "I love these people that accuse us of recruiting. Do you think we would waste our money on you people?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito is just trolling NC fans like he did River in week 1 of the playoffs when he said Ready would beat them by 40. Ok let's move this discussion to football. Can anyone list the NC starters grades height and weight.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I have been to a Lakewood playoff game and to a Utica playoff game.
Sorry man. I obviously missed it. What were the years and what is their complete playoff record. Just curious. Also, did you miss Northridge or have they also made the playoffs. Also, have you ever played any level of organized football?
Last edited by Chalito on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

nc green wave wrote:Chalito - I was fortunate to play for NC back in the 80's and I can assure you that we had less transfers then than there are now. And typically those who transferred in couldn't cut it. And before certain posters start jumping all over me about transfers what I mean is getting kids from other Catholic feeder schools. This didn't happen back in the 80's but now folks that live in Pataskala or Reynoldsburg may choose to send their kids to NC rather than Hartley since the tuition is less at NC and the drive is closer or very close to the same. Also some of the parochial high schools have closed so you have Mt. Vernon as an example and those kids drive to NC as that is their closest option. That is my contention with the competitive balance proposal. If a kid was never a part of the public system then they should not be multiplied, especially if they are selecting the closest parochial high school. Something else that should be considered is the legacy factor if you have generations attending the school even though they may live outside of Newark. The idea of only choosing one feeder school is ludicrous, especially when the city of Newark has two parochial grade schools and only one parochial high school.

I always loved what JD Graham used to yell at us at practice - "I love these people that accuse us of recruiting. Do you think we would waste our money on you people?
You must not be aware of some of the kids that transferred in the mid-late 70's. The 80's had a few but not many. There are very few transfers now. I could give you the list but you may not remember them. The 80's cooled off because of the 70's high profile type transfers. The only athlete that I know of that transferred in this year us the kid from Newark. I don't think there has been a transfer in the past 10 years at NC except for this kid.
Last edited by Chalito on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.
You made the troll comment. I gave an opinion and I was wrong and I admitted it. Kick me off then mod. And don't be fooled. We all know you have a son on the team. What number is he and what round do you expect him to be drafted in the NFL?
Outlandish comment? I'll give you that one regarding the running clock. I've seen some of those SE Ohio schools play especially D7 and for the most part it's not very good football. Do you disagree? But the Fact that the heralded Number 1 seed was beaten by the 8 seed is still a problem is it not?

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I was being objective regarding the NC-FY. game but now I'll be subjective, as I have every right to be a NC fan as much as you do a Ft. Frye fan. Ft. Frye has a chance. That's all I'll say out of respect for the players. They have a chance and that's about it. This sounds like what I thought was a forgotten SE Ohio character trait now that SE Ohio has made a dent in this region. Your a poor example for the SE ED. Go ahead and kick me off Big Time Mod!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has never even played Grandview Heights in football. River did in 2015 and this year they came back in stronger with a loaded Sr class. I'm obviously not a players dad I'm actually a loyal fan of my team and mod of this website. Since you've been on this site you've done nothing but make outlandish comments to fire people up. This is going to be a great game. As a Cadet fan just playing a team like Newark Cath in a regional final is a dream come true.
You made the troll comment. I gave an opinion and I was wrong and I admitted it. Kick me off then mod. And don't be fooled. We all know you have a son on the team. What number is he and what round do you expect him to be drafted in the NFL?
Outlandish comment? I'll give you that one regarding the running clock. I've seen some of those SE Ohio schools play especially D7 and for the most part it's not very good football. Do you disagree? But the Fact that the heralded Number 1 seed was beaten by the 8 seed is still a problem is it not?

In general it has been bad but Southeastern teams can have years where there up more then others. Teams such as Valley,River,Bellaire and Fort Frye that get a good group of Srs to build on for that one good year. I'm glad you've came around a little bit from when you 1sr joined. You can't just base how good a team is just based on who they've played. I personally don't know how good Fort Frye is. They have not really been challenged. Does that mean they're overrated and all the teams they've played are awful? I don't think so they just have not been given the oppertunity. People in central Ohio told me Highland was pretty good well they barely beat Centerburg and Fort could of beat Centerburg much worse but kinda laid up and ran the clock in 2nd half. A lot of people thought Chesapeake was a good ball club then Barnesville beat them by 19. One thing I do know is nobody really knows outcomes of games before they are played. NC is going to play great defense and this should be a great night to be in Zanesville. Trust me I'm not a parent of a player I don't even have kids.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

Northridge has also made the playoffs a handful of times

Chalito - please list the names of the transfers from the 70's and 80's. Thanks

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:
Chalito wrote:

In general it has been bad but Southeastern teams can have years where there up more then others. Teams such as Valley,River,Bellaire and Fort Frye that get a good group of Srs to build on for that one good year. I'm glad you've came around a little bit from when you 1sr joined. You can't just base how good a team is just based on who they've played. I personally don't know how good Fort Frye is. They have not really been challenged. Does that mean they're overrated and all the teams they've played are awful? I don't think so they just have not been given the oppertunity. People in central Ohio told me Highland was pretty good well they barely beat Centerburg and Fort could of beat Centerburg much worse but kinda laid up and ran the clock in 2nd half. A lot of people thought Chesapeake was a good ball club then Barnesville beat them by 19. One thing I do know is nobody really knows outcomes of games before they are played. NC is going to play great defense and this should be a great night to be in Zanesville. Trust me I'm not a parent of a player I don't even have kids.
I witnessed the Highland vs Centerburg game and Highland had an absolutely atrocious night that night, and luckily it happened to be against Centerburg. Fort Frye is a great team, but they wouldn't have beat Highland this year in my opinion and that's not a slight towards Fort Frye. Every one of Highlands losses made the the D4 playoffs. 2 of those 3 losses were 10 point games or less. You can certainly say Fort Frye is more consistent considering they haven't had that game where they shot themselves in the foot and I admire them for that. Also to argue with myself on the above comment I will mention and I think it goes without saying that obviously the Fort Frye team in week 11 was better than the Highland team that showed up week 6. Not a big deal though, matchup that will probably never happen.

Chalito, I'm glad you came to this forum, I missed all of the people that made Newark Catholic look like the d-bag capital of the world on the puddle. Your probably one of those guys that was crying and pleading with Johnstowns head coach last season to bench his big meanie linebacker that was mean to the poor Newark Catholic kids. Your passive aggressiveness is annoying, you throw out a jab, and then cry victim and claim others are being "mean" to you. You can point a finger in my face and say I'm being insulting and guess what? That's totally fine.

Fort Frye 35
Newark Catholic 21

Eastern, get ready after this victory im going to guess that all the Cadets are gonna be some of the dirtiest players in the whole world lol :mrgreen:

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

To the rest of the NC faithful, don't get me confused. I respect Newark Catholic and I respect you all, the above is directed at one person who may be a true faithful of NC, or maybe is someone trying to make NC look like a bunch of jack@$$3$.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I hope you're right Stan this would be great for the community.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Fort Frye Cadets
12-0
Opponents combined record(Including playoffs
55-72
Best win(I.M.O.)
Waterford 10-1(35-14)
Wins against teams over .500 (4) 2 In regualr season 2 in playoffs

Newark Catholic Green Wave
8-4
Opponents combined record Record(Including playoffs)
75-54
Best Win (I.M.O.)
Nelsonville 9-2(41-21)
Wins against teams over .500 (4)2 In regualr season 2 in playoffs

1 common opponent
Northridge

Fort Frye won,37-20-Game was at Fort Frye
Newark Catholic won,40-12 Game was at Northridge
Great post.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

NC is the pick.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”