23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

The Oaf
SEO

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf »

Stan_Marsh wrote:To save some confusion, I'm actually not a Fort Frye guy, just a football guy with a lot of appreciation for the small school football too. I was actually very critical on Fort Frye at the beginning of the year for reasons still being stated by some now in week 13. As time went by, I mean I had to eat a little crow and that's fine. I became a believer of them getting by the first round, but when I saw what kind of authority they took Centerburg by I had confidence in them, regardless if their next opponent be Chesapeake or Barnesville. Then came the way they beat Barnesville and now I have faith in them in the regional finals as well. I may be wrong, and I can take my crow if am, that's certainly fair and nobody is wrong when they say NCs opponents thus far has better prepared them, I'm just not sure if it's gonna matter Friday night. We'll see. Good luck to the Cadets and good luck to the Green Wave
Nice post, just when I was ready to dismiss you as a Neanderthal you pull this out! Very classy!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Yeah a D6 school lost on the road to D2 school by a touchdown. Truly disgraceful, good call Stan! Now would you like me to point out the "jokes" on Fort Frye's schedule? 8-)
I don't care what the sizes are it is disgraceful, Watkins was atrocious lol point out the jokes, but at least Fort Frye has dominated the jokes. =)
Laughable retort on your part! :lol: Do you honestly believe NC wouldn't be 12-0 if they had Frye's schedule and conversely do you believe Frye would still be 12-0 if they had to play NC's? Come on Stan......
Ok so you bring a good point here!

For starters the question "would NC be 12-0 if they had Forts schedule?" Yes, I believe so without a doubt! And I believe the scores may be similar as well. The one opponent both teams played (Northridge) both won in without much of a contest. I also think NC would handle Centerburg and Barnesville much the same way that Fort Frye did.

Other question, would Fort Frye be 12-0 had they had NCs schedule? No, not in my opinion. I think they would have lost to Heath, Johnstown, and Licking Heights. I do not think they would have lost to Watkins. I think especially if they played NY early in the year they win that one, I think, again I think they would overcome Columbus Academy. Licking Valley may have been a tight one, I think they would have smacked Lakewood and Utica. I also think they would have beaten Bellaire and Ready.

So what does this mean to me? Honestly, it means I think the quality of both teams here are very very similar. I think NC has been prepared better by opponents, but I think FF is much more focused as a unit. Outsider looking in obviously. Will it really be a 14 pt game like I said earlier? I think it could be, but perhaps that is a stretch. Regardless, I feel FF will come out on top.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:To save some confusion, I'm actually not a Fort Frye guy, just a football guy with a lot of appreciation for the small school football too. I was actually very critical on Fort Frye at the beginning of the year for reasons still being stated by some now in week 13. As time went by, I mean I had to eat a little crow and that's fine. I became a believer of them getting by the first round, but when I saw what kind of authority they took Centerburg by I had confidence in them, regardless if their next opponent be Chesapeake or Barnesville. Then came the way they beat Barnesville and now I have faith in them in the regional finals as well. I may be wrong, and I can take my crow if am, that's certainly fair and nobody is wrong when they say NCs opponents thus far has better prepared them, I'm just not sure if it's gonna matter Friday night. We'll see. Good luck to the Cadets and good luck to the Green Wave
Nice post, just when I was ready to dismiss you as a Neanderthal you pull this out! Very classy!
Oh please don't get me confused, you were right the first time I am in fact a Neanderthal 8-)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
How would you know if they're better? They haven't played anybody. Bishop Ready is better then Bellaire too. Lots of teams on NC's schedule are. Why do you assume I haven't seen any game film? Hypotheticals aren't important now. Answer me this, who has prepared Frye for this game? I just don't see a signature win. All I see are big plays against extremely bad football teams, over half of which are D7. Forgive me if I'm not too terribly impressed with that. If I'm wrong I'll be first in line to admit it but something tells me that won't be reciprocated! 8-)

Don't care if your impressed it's kinda irrelevant. You just aren't being intelligent. Running clock no way this game is running clock. Ready was really banged up in that last game. This is going to be a war.
The hubris of you referring to me as unintelligent after posting that grammatical nightmare. :roll: Your posts are extremely weak and intellectually lacking and you're clearly blinded by your homer goggles, rendering further debate with you nonsensical.
Unlike you I have watched both teams this will be a great game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
How would you know if they're better? They haven't played anybody. Bishop Ready is better then Bellaire too. Lots of teams on NC's schedule are. Why do you assume I haven't seen any game film? Hypotheticals aren't important now. Answer me this, who has prepared Frye for this game? I just don't see a signature win. All I see are big plays against extremely bad football teams, over half of which are D7. Forgive me if I'm not too terribly impressed with that. If I'm wrong I'll be first in line to admit it but something tells me that won't be reciprocated! 8-)

Don't care if your impressed it's kinda irrelevant. You just aren't being intelligent. Running clock no way this game is running clock. Ready was really banged up in that last game. This is going to be a war.
The hubris of you referring to me as unintelligent after posting that grammatical nightmare. :roll: Your posts are extremely weak and intellectually lacking and you're clearly blinded by your homer goggles, rendering further debate with you nonsensical.
I have thick skin buddy. When you say stuff without no justification except NC played a better schedule it makes you look silly. Anything can happen but I would be shocked if it's a running clock.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

I have thick skin buddy. When you say stuff without no justification except NC played a better schedule it makes you look silly. Anything can happen but I would be shocked if it's a running clock.
Thick skinned? Quite the contrary, you've (un)hinged on my every utterance so far. No justification? There's plenty of factual justification in my posts whether you lack the capacity to ascertain it or not. Not my problem. You were the one who fired a personal attack at me calling me unintelligent, simply because I've drawn a different conclusion then you. That alone erodes your credibility even further. Of course that cowardly act was done with impunity behind the green letters in your screen name. :roll:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck to both
But..
NC marches in & out into the "4".

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

The Oaf wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Running clock in this one, NC big.......
WOW!!! You will be severely dissapointed in this one if you want NC to win at all, let alone "Big"
I could care less who wins and I'll be the first to post I'm wrong if NC doesn't drop this team...... :roll:
k

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Thick skinned? Quite the contrary, you've (un)hinged on my every utterance so far. No justification? There's plenty of factual justification in my posts whether you lack the capacity to ascertain it or not. Not my problem. You were the one who fired a personal attack at me calling me unintelligent, simply because I've drawn a different conclusion then you. That alone erodes your credibility even further. Of course that cowardly act was done with impunity behind the green letters in your screen name. :roll:
I am just going to butt in, and say that the grammar in a post simply does not pertain to any of the content in the post, so The oaf has no relevance in this argument. Some believe that this be a running clock in favor of fort fryeand what they should not be put down because of their own personal opinions.So ,The oaf , you can keep arguing about adolescent subjects and waste your time.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

How come nobody has brought up lineman percentages? I think we could draw some clear conclusions about these teams if we would only look at lineman percentages. It's cutting edge, all the big players in Vegas are using it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Running clock either way is very unlikely.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Running clock either way is very unlikely.

Agreed.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
I am just going to butt in, and say that the grammar in a post simply does not pertain to any of the content in the post, so The oaf has no relevance in this argument. Some believe that this be a running clock in favor of fort fryeand what they should not be put down because of their own personal opinions.So ,The oaf , you can keep arguing about adolescent subjects and waste your time.
Lmfao! :lol: :lol: I have read your tripe filled reply 3 times now and still have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm completely stunned at how laughably inept someone would have to be to author this garble! This is amazing! Please keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

Oaf, maybe you should try and understand what EDSpy was saying to you in his comment. Sometimes wrong words are put out there. By reading the post any one could tell that realistic should have been used instead of intelligent.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tomahawkchop wrote:Oaf, maybe you should try and understand what EDSpy was saying to you in his comment. Sometimes wrong words are put out there. By reading the post any one could tell that realistic should have been used instead of intelligent.
So you suggest that no matter what words are used in a post I should read between the lines to figure out what they really mean? Brilliant! :lol: :lol: Make no mistake about it, Dspy said EXACTLY the words he meant to use. :roll:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Can't wait to watch this game Friday night.

Go Fort
Go CadetNation
Go PVC.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

EasternDspy wrote:Can't wait to watch this game Friday night.

Go Fort
Go CadetNation
Go PVC.
Add: Go Waterford, Go Fort, Go Washington Co. 8-)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rickoshay wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Can't wait to watch this game Friday night.

Go Fort
Go CadetNation
Go PVC.
Add: Go Waterford, Go Fort, Go Washington Co. 8-)

Agreed and TVC

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

I know this is kinda apples to oranges, but...
NC beat Bellaire 21-20
River beat bellaire 20-17

Ready beat River 28-21
NC beat Ready 20 -14 in OT

So theoretically NC and River are fairly close this year....

Now my rooting interest (Buckeye Trail) was beat by River 22-7 and by Fort Frye 39-0. Imo FF is/was MUCH better than River.

By that logic, and my own eye test, I'll take FF 28-14

And as I previously stated, I know it's apples to oranges...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Being I have not watch F.F play this season, I won't make a prediction.

I am going to go on record and say this.

As I said before if the coaching staff continues to add new wrinkles/continue to use some of the new things they have show recently and feed #22 and let him run North and South and continue to play the same type of defense they have in recent weeks, I can not see this losing this game.

Now if they get behind and who ever calls the plays, panics like they have had a history of doing, clear back to the season they were trounced by Beachwood, Ky up until recently, they will lose by a few scores. The N.C. QB,who I think will be the best in the county next season, has shown a bad tendency of throwing bad picks. I think he zeros in on one guy and makes it easy on the defense. When he has anytime at all he is deadly. I also think he can be a gigantic problem for F.F., if he runs out of trouble and not try to make the Bret Favre type pass.

AS I said before run the QB draw and stay away from the option, especially on the short side of the field.

Unlike so many on this thread, I won't disrespect either team by belittling them.

And as I have said a 1.000 times all coaches have forgotten more football then I ever thought I knew.

Good luck to both teams and remember anything any fan post on here is fan talk and means nothing when it comes to you, your school or your coaching staffs.

May the best team win.

Return to “Football”