23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

nerkfan
JV Team

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nerkfan »

Maybe the tvc can make there very own athletic association so they can have there own State Championship. Because if NC or Ready wasn't in the region Bellaire would have won this region.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

If there ever were a split these same crybabies would be on here complaining about the same publics winning all of their titles and then come up with another unfair advantage that they must have.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

nerkfan wrote:Maybe the tvc can make there very own athletic association so they can have there own State Championship. Because if NC or Ready wasn't in the region Bellaire would have won this region.
Great statement that Bellaire may win this region without NC or Ready but please tell me what this has to do with the TVC?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

TVC wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.
Whining is not an opinion. An opinion is an expression of your point-of-view with rationale and logic to back up your statement. That, would be, an "opinion". I did not see that in your prior post, and certainly don't see it now.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.
I agree this is going to hurt many public schools who are open enrollment and take care of a few private schools. I think the smaller private schools are not hurt as badly as some of the cry baby fans are hoping. :oops:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point. And I agree with you that if you moved Newark Catholic and Marion Local to Division V and DeSales to Division II, as a couple of examples, that those schools would still have a lot of success but not quite as much as they have now.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Steely Dan wrote:
TVC wrote:

Whining is not an opinion. An opinion is an expression of your point-of-view with rationale and logic to back up your statement. That, would be, an "opinion". I did not see that in your prior post, and certainly don't see it now.
The Rationale and logic was answered earlier in this thread by the very folks that disagree with it. If you can't see the advantages of private schools located in the more populous areas of the state then so be it. I however can see them because I am not wearing blinders to it. Again, this is my opinion and if you don't agree with it that's fine. Respect it like an adult

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

bman wrote:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point.
How exactly is it a legitimate point? Because you say so?

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

TVC wrote:
The Rationale and logic was answered earlier in this thread by the very folks that disagree with it.
Huh? Please explain

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

In the high populous, concentrated areas of the state, I can certainly agree with this assessment. Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Cuyahoga, Stark, and maybe even Warren county, sure, I can certainly buy into this more. This is where we have the D1 and D2 concentrations. Absolutely. You get outside of these metropolitan areas, and the surrounding bedroom communities, um, not so much. I don't see NC getting the athletes that they used to 20 years ago, simply because of open enrollment, and honestly, some (finally) crackdown on the part of the OHSAA.

We don't have to agree, and that's fine, however, in the smaller school divisions, I really do not see this as an "advantage" to the smaller schools in rural areas, that it may have once been. I'm fine to leave it at that.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

nc green wave wrote:
bman wrote:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point.
How exactly is it a legitimate point? Because you say so?
Take a quick glance at the all-time state championships and put check marks next to the schools who are either private or have open enrollment, some would call it selective open enrollment (see the MAC schools). You'll see the point pretty quick.

It's funny that those who support the status quo resort to name calling.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Steely Dan wrote:Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

In the high populous, concentrated areas of the state, I can certainly agree with this assessment. Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Cuyahoga, Stark, and maybe even Warren county, sure, I can certainly buy into this more. This is where we have the D1 and D2 concentrations. Absolutely. You get outside of these metropolitan areas, and the surrounding bedroom communities, um, not so much. I don't see NC getting the athletes that they used to 20 years ago, simply because of open enrollment, and honestly, some (finally) crackdown on the part of the OHSAA.

We don't have to agree, and that's fine, however, in the smaller school divisions, I really do not see this as an "advantage" to the smaller schools in rural areas, that it may have once been. I'm fine to leave it at that.
I would concur that Newark Catholic doesn't quite have the advantage as it does in the past. I also believe socioeconomics play a role in this with the decline of Newark's industrial base and the rise of the western communities in Licking County as bedroom communities to Columbus. But NC still has an advantage being able to draw students across an entire county, compared to most of the public schools in this region. No one is calling for NC to be banned or thrown out of the OHSAA, that would be ridiculous. But when you draw an enrollment over a larger area (and are able to pick and choose who you want to a degree, see the smaller public open enrollment schools in the MAC), that should be a consideration when a school is placed into a division. I would move these schools up a division.
Last edited by bman on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I want to make one last post about last night then I'm off to week 14 when it comes to division 6 (ok that's probably a lie but oh well lol)

I've said this a million times so folks that have already heard it sorry for the annoyance but I'm saying it again. Are some teams in the playoffs miles ahead of others? Absolutely. Are there some teams that missed out on the playoffs that are probably better than some that made it? Absolutely. I am a firm believer, however, that there is no such thing as a "bad" playoff team in Ohio. You just can't be a "horrible" team and make week 11 in this incredible football state. Highschool national champions are of course voted on by some form of the press, but 26 of these highschool national championship teams are out of our fine state of Ohio and that is the most for any state. Behind us is Florida and Cali with 16, Texas has 15, Georgia has 10 and many others have less than 10. Point being this is an amazing state for football and it's beyond me to just honestly think that any team in our playoffs is "bad."

With the above being said I think Fort Frye had an incredible team this year. Best season the school has had and a better season than many schools in Ohio have ever had. They were 1 of only 8 schools in div. 6 playing and one of only 56 schools in the whole state playing. Great job Cadets!

Newark Catholic.....OH MY, what a group you fellas have. Incredible speed across the board, very impressed with your O&D lines speed and toughness as well. You guys played very very physical and I'm nothing but impressed with the Green Wave. I don't care if you are private, public, home grown, or open enrolled...none of it don't care, fact is Newark Catholic is beyond impressive. Best of luck against Cuyahaga Heights I believe it was decided? I'm not about to rule the Green Wave out in that one. Clearly Bellaire and Ready were pretty good ball teams. And to mock what I said before the game obviously Watkins Memorial was NOT attrocius 8-)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good luck Newark Catholic next week
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

bman wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

I would concur that Newark Catholic doesn't quite have the advantage as it does in the past. I also believe socioeconomics play a role in this with the decline of Newark's industrial base and the rise of the western communities in Licking County as bedroom communities to Columbus. But NC still has an advantage being able to draw students across an entire county, compared to most of the public schools in this region. No one is calling for NC to be banned or thrown out of the OHSAA, that would be ridiculous. But when you draw an enrollment over a larger area (and are able to pick and choose who you want to a degree, see the smaller public open enrollment schools in the MAC), that should be a consideration when a school is placed into a division. I would move these schools up a division.
And I would wholeheartedly agree with your conclusion. I have absolutely no issue with that, I have actually been a proponent of this many times on this website (or it's former iteration). Move 'em up, and let's see how they compete on maybe a more level playing field.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Steely Dan wrote:
TVC wrote:

Spot on with these posts Dan. But you have to admit, it is entertaining to watch some of these low brow posters discombobulate before our eyes! Better then Springer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Stan_Marsh wrote:I want to make one last post about last night then I'm off to week 14 when it comes to division 6 (ok that's probably a lie but oh well lol)

I've said this a million times so folks that have already heard it sorry for the annoyance but I'm saying it again. Are some teams in the playoffs miles ahead of others? Absolutely. Are there some teams that missed out on the playoffs that are probably better than some that made it? Absolutely. I am a firm believer, however, that there is no such thing as a "bad" playoff team in Ohio. You just can't be a "horrible" team and make week 11 in this incredible football state. Highschool national champions are of course voted on by some form of the press, but 26 of these highschool national championship teams are out of our fine state of Ohio and that is the most for any state. Behind us is Florida and Cali with 16, Texas has 15, Georgia has 10 and many others have less than 10. Point being this is an amazing state for football and it's beyond me to just honestly think that any team in our playoffs is "bad."

With the above being said I think Fort Frye had an incredible team this year. Best season the school has had and a better season than many schools in Ohio have ever had. They were 1 of only 8 schools in div. 6 playing and one of only 56 schools in the whole state playing. Great job Cadets!

Newark Catholic.....OH MY, what a group you fellas have. Incredible speed across the board, very impressed with your O&D lines speed and toughness as well. You guys played very very physical and I'm nothing but impressed with the Green Wave. I don't care if you are private, public, home grown, or open enrolled...none of it don't care, fact is Newark Catholic is beyond impressive. Best of luck against Cuyahaga Heights I believe it was decided? I'm not about to rule the Green Wave out in that one. Clearly Bellaire and Ready were pretty good ball teams. And to mock what I said before the game obviously Watkins Memorial was NOT attrocius 8-)
Nice post Stanley! Very well said!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

Return to “Football”