23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post Reply
bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

The Oaf wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Thick skinned? Quite the contrary, you've (un)hinged on my every utterance so far. No justification? There's plenty of factual justification in my posts whether you lack the capacity to ascertain it or not. Not my problem. You were the one who fired a personal attack at me calling me unintelligent, simply because I've drawn a different conclusion then you. That alone erodes your credibility even further. Of course that cowardly act was done with impunity behind the green letters in your screen name. :roll:
I am just going to butt in, and say that the grammar in a post simply does not pertain to any of the content in the post, so The oaf has no relevance in this argument. Some believe that this be a running clock in favor of fort fryeand what they should not be put down because of their own personal opinions.So ,The oaf , you can keep arguing about adolescent subjects and waste your time.
Lmfao! :lol: :lol: I have read your tripe filled reply 3 times now and still have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm completely stunned at how laughably inept someone would have to be to author this garble! This is amazing! Please keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, well I am having much more of a ball than you in this conversation.For the fact that I know you are trying your best not to be roasted by using very large and confusing words in your post(such as capacity and ascertain, when as ability and understand would have worked fine)and my point is that you have no point in arguing just because you know you are wrong.You have no need to say more, for I no longer care what intricate argument you will come up with in response to this post.



User avatar
The Oaf
Varsity Bench
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:59 am

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote: I am just going to butt in, and say that the grammar in a post simply does not pertain to any of the content in the post, so The oaf has no relevance in this argument. Some believe that this be a running clock in favor of fort fryeand what they should not be put down because of their own personal opinions.So ,The oaf , you can keep arguing about adolescent subjects and waste your time.
Lmfao! :lol: :lol: I have read your tripe filled reply 3 times now and still have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm completely stunned at how laughably inept someone would have to be to author this garble! This is amazing! Please keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, well I am having much more of a ball than you in this conversation.For the fact that I know you are trying your best not to be roasted by using very large and confusing words in your post(such as capacity and ascertain, when as ability and understand would have worked fine)and my point is that you have no point in arguing just because you know you are wrong.You have no need to say more, for I no longer care what intricate argument you will come up with in response to this post.
I'm really sorry you're confused, that was not my intention. You just make sure you're on here in 12 hours. A little humility will do you good. 8-)
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

bbtrucking.inc
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

Thank you for your consideration.

Rastus
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Rastus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 pm

NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Rastus wrote:NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

Makes no sense at all!! Fort Frye would beat Bellaire and Bellaire only lost 21-20 to NC.

formerfcfan
Varsity Bench
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by formerfcfan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:01 pm

I don't think this will be a decided game either way until the last couple minutes of the fourth quarter.

Who you play matters from a preparation perspective. I think NC's schedule has adequately prepared them for the level of competition FF, or any opponent for that matter in week 13, will throw at them. Perhaps it remains to be seen whether or not FF's schedule has prepared them for what NC will bring to the table, but /hey/, that all gets decided tonight. Regardless, FF will be a quality playoff opponent for NC and the single elimination, bracket of eight system will be vindicated that the two best teams in this region really are playing each other for the regional crown.
Glory, glory to the Irish.

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:15 pm

rockcoach wrote:Been reading and here is my humble assessment. Both teams are good or they wouldn't still be playing. Fort will score but not as easily as they have the past two weeks. NC defense better than they have seen all year. If Fort can't stop NC running game they are in trouble, because NC can whip the ball around in the air. Fort will have trouble throwing against NC. NC is very athletic. Fort ground game has to be productive to win. Control the ball and make your offense part of your defensive effort by controlling the clock and limiting possessions by NC. Shorten the game. Can't wait to watch this one. IMO if Barnesville's running back was healthy the game last Friday would have been different. Fort probably still would have won, but it would have been a nail biter of a game to the end!
Um....he did play Friday. Till the cheap shot he pulled at the very end even. If you mean not healthy as in "banged up," then I would have to argue and say all kids are banged up at this point of the season....some make sure the whole world knows how banged up they are, some suck it up and stay quiet.

Mister Bee
Freshman Backup
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Mister Bee » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Good luck and good health to both teams.

From Belpre...

LETS GO CADETS!!!

nerkfan
Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nerkfan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:20 pm

The winner of this game will get the winner of the Kirkland - Cuyahoga Heights game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2930
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Leaving very early for this one, so I can get my seat up top on the 50.

I will have pics and a article on this one.


Again good luck to both teams.

Injury free and may the best prepared team win.

Rastus
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Rastus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:41 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Rastus wrote:NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

Makes no sense at all!! Fort Frye would beat Bellaire and Bellaire only lost 21-20 to NC.
My post "makes no sense at all!!!" yet "would beat Bellaire" does make sense? Lol, ok

Orange and Brown
All State
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Let's stay on topic and quit arguing please.
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

PDLS
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Novato, CA

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by PDLS » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:Let's stay on topic and quit arguing please.
First time on a message board? Haha

Orange and Brown
All State
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:44 pm

PDLS wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Let's stay on topic and quit arguing please.
First time on a message board? Haha
Yep, it's my first day....
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
The Oaf
Varsity Bench
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Rastus wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
Rastus wrote:NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

Makes no sense at all!! Fort Frye would beat Bellaire and Bellaire only lost 21-20 to NC.
My post "makes no sense at all!!!" yet "would beat Bellaire" does make sense? Lol, ok
Fort Frye couldn't beat LV or NY. In fact, if they played NC's schedule they wouldn't even be in the playoffs.......
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:49 pm

We'll know in about 4 hours.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
All State
Posts: 2930
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Zanesville is dark compared to the stadium at Shadyside. Other than this complaint,this is a nice set up.

Orange and Brown
All State
Posts: 3057
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Good luck Fort Frye!
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

Thereddragin
Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:45 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Thereddragin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Seem to be way more FF fans than NC with 20 mins till kick off

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3207
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Newark catholic can throw the ball well
NC up 7-0

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:46 pm

FF stopped on 4th and 2.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:50 pm

FF recovers NC fumble at FF 48.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:53 pm

3 and out FF. -8 yards on series. NC takes over at FF 25

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:55 pm

NC 3 and out. FF takes over at own 42.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:58 pm

FF 3 and out. NC takes over at own 12.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:59 pm

NC 7-0 end of 1.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:05 pm

Timeout FF. NC at FF 5.
916 2nd

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:07 pm

13-0
Gibson td run.
9 play 88 yd drive
missed xp.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:11 pm

INT for FF. NC takes over at FF 33.

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3207
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Newark catholic has too much speed and depth for fort frye

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Next play...play action pass for td.

NC 20-0.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm

FF takes over at own 20.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Quick 3 and out for FF. NC takes over at own 42.

icanpickem
Freshman Starter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by icanpickem » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:19 pm

NC 4th and 2 at midfield.....converts...12 yd run.

Thereddragin
Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:45 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Thereddragin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Thereddragin wrote:I know this is kinda apples to oranges, but...
NC beat Bellaire 21-20
River beat bellaire 20-17

Ready beat River 28-21
NC beat Ready 20 -14 in OT

So theoretically NC and River are fairly close this year....

Now my rooting interest (Buckeye Trail) was beat by River 22-7 and by Fort Frye 39-0. Imo FF is/was MUCH better than River.

By that logic, and my own eye test, I'll take FF 28-14

And as I previously stated, I know it's apples to oranges...
Guess it was more like comparing apples to raisins... at the end of the half NC seems to be to fast, to strong and more dominate....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 8332 Granite St, Alitown, Bing [Bot], bsee12345, gils, hsfbfan, oldtrojan, OVCFAN83, Raider6309, SEO Sports, THE GOVENOR, Ttomcat99, username_redacted, Yahoo [Bot] and 149 guests