23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan »

Thereddragin wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Thereddragin wrote:Wow the radio announcers on 100.9 are absolutely unprofessional the one guy just said the coach for Newark Catholic probably doesn't even know the names of half of his team... SMH
Haven't you heard? Political correctness is going away!
I'm ok with not being PC, being ignorant is something different...
Agree. Not one of their better broadcast, by a long stretch. I hope that the radio station management take a moment to reflect upon how their product is being represented and maybe rethink who they put on air.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Newark Catholic being the winner was expected, but not by that much. Fort Frye was just flat tonight. Not much penetration getting into the Green wave backfield and they could keep NC out of theirs. For those that said there would be a running clock....good call!

Fort Frye will be graduating either 16 or 17 players this school year.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Congrats to the Cadets on a fine season

ROLL PEAKE
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I did not see the blowout/running clock coming, though I did say N.C. would be hard to beat if things kept going in the direction they had been in the playoffs.

Congrats to F.F. on a very solid season and good luck to N.C.next week, when you will see the best team, you have seen in the playoffs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

#9 for NC was really good

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

First, I've never been to Fort Frye, nor do I have any rooting interest in the game.

But this is another reason why competitive balance is being implemented next season. Newark Catholic draws kids from across a growing and more suburban county and gets to compete in Division VI against tiny rural schools. It's not their fault, the blame is squarely with the OHSAA, but hopefully competitive balance is the first step toward getting it fixed.

Newark Catholic would still have a quality academic and athletic program competing in Division V. Hopefully the eventual competitive balance formula will push privates like NC and open enrollment publics like Africentric up a division.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

The Oaf wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Lmfao! :lol: :lol: I have read your tripe filled reply 3 times now and still have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm completely stunned at how laughably inept someone would have to be to author this garble! This is amazing! Please keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, well I am having much more of a ball than you in this conversation.For the fact that I know you are trying your best not to be roasted by using very large and confusing words in your post(such as capacity and ascertain, when as ability and understand would have worked fine)and my point is that you have no point in arguing just because you know you are wrong.You have no need to say more, for I no longer care what intricate argument you will come up with in response to this post.
I'm really sorry you're confused, that was not my intention. You just make sure you're on here in 12 hours. A little humility will do you good. 8-)
Come get your crow, it's getting cold and chewy..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Awesome year boys.

Crow for me.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:
Rastus wrote:NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

Makes no sense at all!! Fort Frye would beat Bellaire and Bellaire only lost 21-20 to NC.
No Frye wouldn't beat Bellaire. Lol in fact 7 of NC's 10 teams on their schedule would hang running clocks on the Cadets, as would Bishop Ready.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:Awesome year boys.

Crow for me.
Lots and lots of crow for you to be certain. You had some very mind numbing posts the last couple of days. But the center piece of this crow fest belongs to BBtrucking.inc :lol: That kid better have a hearty appetite! (Not that he'll ever show his face) 8-)

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Can this not turn into one of those forums where we find every excuse we can as to why Newark Catholic is in the final 4. I was pulling for Fort Frye too last night as many were, but it didn't happen and after the drive where Fort stalled around NCs 20 in the first quarter there was officially no looking back. Very physical game I enjoyed that aspect of it, NC had a clear speed advantage and an all around advantage when it came to the trenches. Competitive balance is not the answer either, the only potential "answer" would be plain and simple if public and private were split up. That's not how it's going to happen and probably never will and I see C.B. Just causing more problems.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT YEAR FORT FRYE

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

EasternDspy wrote:This will be the 3rd straight game the Cadets will have a size advantage. Last 2 teams Barnesville and Centerburg kinda abandoned the run and went pass heavy and the DBs stepped up.

Like I said this would not be as much as a factor as first thought.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

The OHSAA needs to split the Public and Private schiols . 5 Divisions of public and 2 private. And if the privates don't like it - kick them out if the OHSAA!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have found two Fort Frye rosters (maxpreps and hudl) neither are complete.

Does anyone have another roster they can post a link too.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

If it makes any of the upset FF fans feel any better NC will not win state, if they match up with Marion Local or Cuyahoga Hts. its the end of the road. And ML is a legit small public school.

nc green wave
Waterboy

Post by nc green wave »

bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.
Homegrown? NC is full of homegrown kids. Kids whose parents and grandparents went there. But rather than do your homework and find out yourself you have to make stupid blanket statements like the above. Poor loser. But if that is what makes you feel better......

Return to “Football”