23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by EasternDspy »

The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Running clock in this one, NC big.......
Check out this joker lol NC didn't even put a running clock on Bellaire.
Call me crazy but there's not one single impressive win on Frye's schedule. Not one. Those are some incredibly bad teams they beat this year. I just don't believe they're prepared to win this game. Again, I'll be the first to post if I'm wrong.....

Waterford is in the regional final? It's all good because they don't have to impress you. Fort Frye def has things they can exploit. Barnesville and Bellaire are very similar with Barnesville maybe being better. Even if you don't think the wins are impressive what about how dominant they have been the last 2 playoff games. Fort Frye is big and fast.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
Check out this joker lol NC didn't even put a running clock on Bellaire.
Call me crazy but there's not one single impressive win on Frye's schedule. Not one. Those are some incredibly bad teams they beat this year. I just don't believe they're prepared to win this game. Again, I'll be the first to post if I'm wrong.....

Waterford is in the regional final? It's all good because they don't have to impress you. Fort Frye def has things they can exploit. Barnesville and Bellaire are very similar with Barnesville maybe being better. Even if you don't think the wins are impressive what about how dominant they have been the last 2 playoff games. Fort Frye is big and fast.
Waterford? Really? :roll: You're right! Lol That win will be even more impressive after Waterford gets their state championship rings! No matter how you slice it, they've beaten/played no one of relevance, including the playoffs. Expect that to be exploited. As stated earlier, if I'm wrong I'll promptly revisit the thread and eat crow.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Watkins Memorial was a joke of a team this year, but they found a way to get a few wins, gee one of those was against Newark Catholic

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Watkins Memorial was a joke of a team this year, but they found a way to get a few wins, gee one of those was against Newark Catholic
Yeah a D6 school lost on the road to D2 school by a touchdown. Truly disgraceful, good call Stan! Now would you like me to point out the "jokes" on Fort Frye's schedule? 8-)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's all good every playoff matchup someone has talked smack about Fort Frye schedule. Absolutely nobody wanted to play them this year. I could careless what someone that's never seen Fort play thinks. It's not like Newark has been overly impressive in the playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Take time watch film on both teams and tell me this won't be a great matchup. Like someone said they didn't even blowout Bellaire. Fort Frye is much better then Bellaire.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

The Oaf wrote:Running clock in this one, NC big.......
No way

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

One thing I truly believe is; whichever team wins this game will have a long night in the state semifinal game.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

One thing I truly believe is; whichever team wins this game will have a long night in the state semifinal game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:Take time watch film on both teams and tell me this won't be a great matchup. Like someone said they didn't even blowout Bellaire. Fort Frye is much better then Bellaire.
How would you know if they're better? They haven't played anybody. Bishop Ready is better then Bellaire too. Lots of teams on NC's schedule are. Why do you assume I haven't seen any game film? Hypotheticals aren't important now. Answer me this, who has prepared Frye for this game? I just don't see a signature win. All I see are big plays against extremely bad football teams, over half of which are D7. Forgive me if I'm not too terribly impressed with that. If I'm wrong I'll be first in line to admit it but something tells me that won't be reciprocated! 8-)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Take time watch film on both teams and tell me this won't be a great matchup. Like someone said they didn't even blowout Bellaire. Fort Frye is much better then Bellaire.
How would you know if they're better? They haven't played anybody. Bishop Ready is better then Bellaire too. Lots of teams on NC's schedule are. Why do you assume I haven't seen any game film? Hypotheticals aren't important now. Answer me this, who has prepared Frye for this game? I just don't see a signature win. All I see are big plays against extremely bad football teams, over half of which are D7. Forgive me if I'm not too terribly impressed with that. If I'm wrong I'll be first in line to admit it but something tells me that won't be reciprocated! 8-)

Don't care if your impressed it's kinda irrelevant. You just aren't being intelligent. Running clock no way this game is running clock. Ready was really banged up in that last game. This is going to be a war.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Experts Drew Pastuer and Calpreps have Fort Frye winning and you think they'll be 30 point ruled.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye likes being the underdog.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:Watkins Memorial was a joke of a team this year, but they found a way to get a few wins, gee one of those was against Newark Catholic
Yeah a D6 school lost on the road to D2 school by a touchdown. Truly disgraceful, good call Stan! Now would you like me to point out the "jokes" on Fort Frye's schedule? 8-)
I don't care what the sizes are it is disgraceful, Watkins was atrocious lol point out the jokes, but at least Fort Frye has dominated the jokes. =)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

People talked up Centerburg and Fort Frye smoked them so everyone is like they were obviously were bad. Though they beat 2 playoff teams. Only team that blew out Centerburg was Fort Frye. Then all year we heard about how good Barnesville was even being the picked team to beat by JjHuddle. All season was told if Barnesville and Fort match up Barnesville smashes them. They play Fort litterally beats them down physically and wins. Then all of sudden well Barnesville was no good. Maybe those teams are good Cadets just really preformed well in the first 2 playoff games.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go FF

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:People talked up Centerburg and Fort Frye smoked them so everyone is like they were obviously were bad. Though they beat 2 playoff teams. Only team that blew out Centerburg was Fort Frye. Then all year we heard about how good Barnesville was even being the picked team to beat by JjHuddle. All season was told if Barnesville and Fort match up Barnesville smashes them. They play Fort litterally beats them down physically and wins. Then all of sudden well Barnesville was no good. Maybe those teams are good Cadets just really preformed well in the first 2 playoff games.
That's 100% accurate, can't argue it. Story of the season is Fort Frye plays nobody, then they play someone that "oughta beat them", Fort ends up smashing them and that turns into "well clearly that team just wasn't good." Can we be real for a minute and just admit that in Ohio "bad" teams don't exactly make the playoffs. Sure some are miles ahead of others, but you can't exactly suck and make week 11. Fort has beaten 3 playoff teams, NC 4. Has Newark Catholics schedule been tougher than Fort Frye's? Yeah I think so, but I'm starting to question how much that matters, because I would vouch to say that Centerburgs was a little tougher than Fort Frye's as well (albeit certainly not by a bunch), and as Eastern stated nobody smoked Centerburg, but it didn't end up mattering. Look plain and simple good schedule, bad schedule, strong, weak, etc. here is a fact: Fort Frye has smashed everyone they have been asked to play, and a team like that is scary, because it's hard to get a feel for them. When your blowing out every team you face nobody has really gotten to see your limit, nobody has been able to exploit a weakness on film.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Eastern, I am curious though who exactly talked up Centerburg when it came to playing Fort Frye? I know I said if Fort Frye made a lot of mistakes then Centerburg could be scary, but I also thought I said if Fort Frye played clean they would win easily. From what it sounds like Fort played clean and they won easily. I also remember that goofy article in the dispatch put that game on the upset alert, but we all know how much the dispatch knows when it comes to our small school football lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, I am curious though who exactly talked up Centerburg when it came to playing Fort Frye? I know I said if Fort Frye made a lot of mistakes then Centerburg could be scary, but I also thought I said if Fort Frye played clean they would win easily. From what it sounds like Fort played clean and they won easily. I also remember that goofy article in the dispatch put that game on the upset alert, but we all know how much the dispatch knows when it comes to our small school football lol

I was talking about the Columbus dispatch and even the experts thought it be like 10 point game. Pastuer has been point on come playoff time and he picked Fort by 1. I think we could see something similar.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:People talked up Centerburg and Fort Frye smoked them so everyone is like they were obviously were bad. Though they beat 2 playoff teams. Only team that blew out Centerburg was Fort Frye. Then all year we heard about how good Barnesville was even being the picked team to beat by JjHuddle. All season was told if Barnesville and Fort match up Barnesville smashes them. They play Fort litterally beats them down physically and wins. Then all of sudden well Barnesville was no good. Maybe those teams are good Cadets just really preformed well in the first 2 playoff games.
That's 100% accurate, can't argue it. Story of the season is Fort Frye plays nobody, then they play someone that "oughta beat them", Fort ends up smashing them and that turns into "well clearly that team just wasn't good." Can we be real for a minute and just admit that in Ohio "bad" teams don't exactly make the playoffs. Sure some are miles ahead of others, but you can't exactly suck and make week 11. Fort has beaten 3 playoff teams, NC 4. Has Newark Catholics schedule been tougher than Fort Frye's? Yeah I think so, but I'm starting to question how much that matters, because I would vouch to say that Centerburgs was a little tougher than Fort Frye's as well (albeit certainly not by a bunch), and as Eastern stated nobody smoked Centerburg, but it didn't end up mattering. Look plain and simple good schedule, bad schedule, strong, weak, etc. here is a fact: Fort Frye has smashed everyone they have been asked to play, and a team like that is scary, because it's hard to get a feel for them. When your blowing out every team you face nobody has really gotten to see your limit, nobody has been able to exploit a weakness on film.
Stan the man, with your logic, you must be related to Efarns.

Great post, Thanks ;)

Return to “Football”