TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sano beat ny last year. His dad is not an OU coach. 2011, josh Skinner was athens qb - but got injured before NY game.

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

93Bulldog wrote:Sano beat ny last year. His dad is not an OU coach. 2011, josh Skinner was athens qb - but got injured before NY game.
Sano is an OU coach. He is there strength and conditioning coach. His office is right next to weightroom in Pedan Towers. I see him everyday. I work there

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ok, I guess you could say coach. But ive always referred to him as strength & development coordinator. Bottom line is though, one player doesnt cause u to win or lose games. The defense led by Ryder & Russell won the game for Athens in 2011.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Congratulations to Brendan Sano, TVC Ohio Co-Offensive POY!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

93Bulldog wrote:Sano beat ny last year. His dad is not an OU coach. 2011, josh Skinner was athens qb - but got injured before NY game.

Actually he is a coach, he is the strength and conditioning coach when he came to Athens, that was his title.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

93Bulldog wrote:Ok, I guess you could say coach. But ive always referred to him as strength & development coordinator. Bottom line is though, one player doesnt cause u to win or lose games. The defense led by Ryder & Russell won the game for Athens in 2011.
So the strength and conditioning coach at a great D1 university, is not a coach, he's a strength coordinator :D . Man, you should run for political office. How about another bottom line, Would Athens vote No on Warren?

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

But... :cry: ..its just not fair... :cry: ... that Athens gets these kids b/c of Ohio University.... :cry:

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The best sports family from Athens, their dad was an English professor :lol:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens plays Warren in EVERYTHING EVERY year. Makes no difference if its a league game or non league. I could care less if they join or don't join, Athens will still play them every year regardless.
Athens would have zero TVC boys basketball titles if Warren was in the league. ;-)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Athens would have zero TVC boys basketball titles if Warren was in the league. ;-)
And Warren was a mid pack TVC team last year :roll:

Warren 4th and Athens 5th

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

ShoeHorn wrote:Congratulations to Brendan Sano, TVC Ohio Co-Offensive POY!
Is this a joke? If it's true than the POTY award has no meaning at all.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens plays Warren in EVERYTHING EVERY year. Makes no difference if its a league game or non league. I could care less if they join or don't join, Athens will still play them every year regardless.
This is what you get when an idiot has been holding his breath since Aug. Have to cut him some slack. He's been watching junior high football every Friday night. He's sooooooo glad to be able to talk smack again. Also, TVC is good where it's at.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Stone Cold wrote:But... :cry: ..its just not fair... :cry: ... that Athens gets these kids b/c of Ohio University.... :cry:
I was hoping OU would have hire Jeff Boals and Garry Trent would have been an assistant. Not because his kid is a 5 star going to Duke but the massive cry fest from area schools and not TVC schools

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ArmChairQB wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:Congratulations to Brendan Sano, TVC Ohio Co-Offensive POY!
Is this a joke? If it's true than the POTY award has no meaning at all.
Coaches vote for TVC awards

football2016
Waterboy

Post by football2016 »

Does that mean people will be upset that Johnny Sheets was the TVC Hocking offensive POY this season? If I understand it correctly, any coach regardless of where you finish can put up an offensive or defensive POY candidate and talks about why they were nominated.. And there is an out loud vote in alphabetical order in which every coach casts their ballot?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

I believe the youth football league around here includes Oak Hill. Athens, Nelsonville-York, Alexander, Trimble, Miller, Logan and Oak Hill. They are already competing against the TVC in grades 3-through-6, my as well have them keep playing.

michigan
Waterboy

Post by michigan »

I think last season the first team All State RB who is playing in the FCS Patriot league and can get a fifth year took a lot of the snaps from the shotgun..

His dad is a sports agent but not a football coach. His Godfather is a Div 1 College hoops coach.

BTW SE Ohio and the TVC has some really good football players. Very underrated. Tough hard nosed kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

I believe the youth football league around here includes Oak Hill. Athens, Nelsonville-York, Alexander, Trimble, Miller, Logan and Oak Hill. They are already competing against the TVC in grades 3-through-6, my as well have them keep playing.
I honestly don't think Oak hill would be interested.
Yes they play in the TCYL, but traveling to Athens or Nelsonville on a Sunday in your mom and dads car doesn't impact the school district.
That could change. You never know.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or pushed for Oak Hill in the TVC. Somebody mentioned before that Oak Hill to the Ohio, drop South Gallia (who takes Oak Hills spot in the SOC I) and you have two divisions of 8.

Are you kidding me? Lobby to play Oak Hill a school that flips between D5 and D6 that is 10 minutes farther than D3 Warren which is identical in size and has historically competed well in everything but football.

I don't see Oak Hill leaving the SOC where about everyone is of similar size across the board.

Athens in a league with Oak Hill makes zero sense. SMH. Wow.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

But Athens in a league with wellston, river valley, alexander, nelsonville does make sense? They are all the same size as Oak hill my friend...

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

Return to “Football”