TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Re: TVC Expansion, AGAIN!

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Warren would do well in basketball each year.....I am indifferent.....in or out......the TVC will still be a great league......

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Warren and RV are no different to me from a traveling perspective. Both drives are horrible.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Warren will be a football only member of the TVC by 2020. You heard it here first folks.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

What makes you think that

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Football only?......There in!!!

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

A part of me hopes that Dover and New Philadelphia leave the ECOL and maybe Zanesville too, and the ECOL invites Warren to join a 6-7 team league and merge with the PVC for a 12-14 team league, just a thought.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GoBucks1047 wrote:A part of me hopes that Dover and New Philadelphia leave the ECOL and maybe Zanesville too, and the ECOL invites Warren to join a 6-7 team league and merge with the PVC for a 12-14 team league, just a thought.
Didn't they invite Warren once already? I thought I read that somewhere a while back.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Orange and Brown wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:A part of me hopes that Dover and New Philadelphia leave the ECOL and maybe Zanesville too, and the ECOL invites Warren to join a 6-7 team league and merge with the PVC for a 12-14 team league, just a thought.
Didn't they invite Warren once already? I thought I read that somewhere a while back.
Yes, Warren BOE turned it down last year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

enigmaax wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Yes, Warren BOE turned it down last year.
Thanks man! I thought so lol
The memory is the first thing to go.....

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Raider6309 wrote:Warren's problem is its in BFE. Even Athens its 55 minutes to Warren. Wellston to Warren is 90 minutes
For the record Athens to Vincent is 40 mins tops and Wellston to Vincent is an hour tops. Google maps has it at 44 mins and 1 and 16 mins going 55 mph. This isn't a bad trip anymore. Yes I went there..... :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote:Warren's problem is its in BFE. Even Athens its 55 minutes to Warren. Wellston to Warren is 90 minutes
You must be using a bike to take you 55 minutes to Warren. I live here in Logan and I get to Warren stadium in less than an hour. I get to Marietta in around an hour.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

why does Athens only want them to join in Football????? and not other sports?

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I just realized Coshocton and River View were much farther from Warren than I thought, even if Dover and New Philadelphia left and Warren got another invite, I think they would decline it again unless more schools closer to Warren were added in the D3-D5 range, unlikely, but I would like to see them get into the TVC even though I don't think it will happen again. Football only is an interesting option.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

buckfan2016 wrote:why does Athens only want them to join in Football????? and not other sports?

It might be the only way Warren gets the votes to join the TVC.

Also, keep in mind that with an odd number of teams in the TVC, every team has to play a nonconference game at some point in the last part of the season when league play begins. Also, keep in mind that Warren will have trouble filling an independent football schedule, especially in the last part of the season when everyone else is in league play. Warren could form a scheduling agreement with the TVC OHIO schools to be each one's nonconference game once league play begins. That could be a trial run to receiving an invite for football only.

As an example, here is what we had for the 2016 season......
TVC OHIO - nonleague schedule for Weeks 4 - 10
Week 4 - Wellston (played Portsmouth West this year)
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York (played Logan this year)
Week 6 - Athens (played Logan this year)
Week 7 - Vinton County (played Federal Hocking this year)
Week 8 - Meigs (played Jackson this year)
Week 9 - Alexander (played Trimble this year)
Week 10 - River Valley (played Waverly this year)

In this scenario, all TVC OHIO teams would agree to play Warren as their nonconference game during each of these weeks:
Week 4 - Wellston vs. Warren
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York vs. Warren
Week 6 - Athens vs. Warren
Week 7 - Vinton County vs. Warren
Week 8 - Meigs vs. Warren
Week 9 - Alexander vs. Warren
Week 10 - River Valley vs. Warren

Even if Warren did not receive an invitation to join for football only, a scheduling agreement could be reached such as this. That way, TVC teams don't have to worry about finding a relatively close nonconference game once conference play has begun for everyone and Warren won't have to worry about filling an independent schedule during the last part of the season when very few teams have openings to play anyone outside of their conference.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
buckfan2016 wrote:why does Athens only want them to join in Football????? and not other sports?

It might be the only way Warren gets the votes to join the TVC.

Also, keep in mind that with an odd number of teams in the TVC, every team has to play a nonconference game at some point in the last part of the season when league play begins. Also, keep in mind that Warren will have trouble filling an independent football schedule, especially in the last part of the season when everyone else is in league play. Warren could form a scheduling agreement with the TVC OHIO schools to be each one's nonconference game once league play begins. That could be a trial run to receiving an invite for football only.

As an example, here is what we had for the 2016 season......
TVC OHIO - nonleague schedule for Weeks 4 - 10
Week 4 - Wellston (played Portsmouth West this year)
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York (played Logan this year)
Week 6 - Athens (played Logan this year)
Week 7 - Vinton County (played Federal Hocking this year)
Week 8 - Meigs (played Jackson this year)
Week 9 - Alexander (played Trimble this year)
Week 10 - River Valley (played Waverly this year)

In this scenario, all TVC OHIO teams would agree to play Warren as their nonconference game during each of these weeks:
Week 4 - Wellston vs. Warren
Week 5 - Nelsonville-York vs. Warren
Week 6 - Athens vs. Warren
Week 7 - Vinton County vs. Warren
Week 8 - Meigs vs. Warren
Week 9 - Alexander vs. Warren
Week 10 - River Valley vs. Warren

Even if Warren did not receive an invitation to join for football only, a scheduling agreement could be reached such as this. That way, TVC teams don't have to worry about finding a relatively close nonconference game once conference play has begun for everyone and Warren won't have to worry about filling an independent schedule during the last part of the season when very few teams have openings to play anyone outside of their conference.
This is precisely what will take place.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

NY was prepared to vote Warren in, AGAIN, but the cowards that be were afraid to let it come up for vote again. I say bring them in, we don't mind having another league team to kick around. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I disagree with you guys who think you can get a bus full of kids from Athens High School to Warren in 40 minutes. It's nearly 50 miles from The Plains to Porterfield where you catch 339.
Then you have 8 or 9 miles of a busy and curvy road. A lot of it is posted at 45 mph.

Buses usually travel the speed limit and even though it's 60 mph to Porterfield you still are over 40 minutes just to 339.

Can you do better in a car. Yes. Can a bus? I don't see how.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

fortdawg wrote:I disagree with you guys who think you can get a bus full of kids from Athens High School to Warren in 40 minutes. It's nearly 50 miles from The Plains to Porterfield where you catch 339.
Then you have 8 or 9 miles of a busy and curvy road. A lot of it is posted at 45 mph.

Buses usually travel the speed limit and even though it's 60 mph to Porterfield you still are over 40 minutes just to 339.

I agree that a bus ride would take more than what you could do in a car, but it is 42 miles door to door from Athens to Warren High Schools. I'm not sure where you are getting "nearly 50 miles" to the 339 exit.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

enigmaax wrote:
fortdawg wrote:I disagree with you guys who think you can get a bus full of kids from Athens High School to Warren in 40 minutes. It's nearly 50 miles from The Plains to Porterfield where you catch 339.

I agree that a bus ride would take more than what you could do in a car, but it is 42 miles door to door from Athens to Warren High Schools. I'm not sure where you are getting "nearly 50 miles" to the 339 exit.
Add a few miles coming from The Plains...

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have followed buses to Warren and Marietta for track meets and most of them are going over 60. I'm usually a 60 MPH guy even if the limit is 75 and have been passed by many school buses.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”