NY set school record of points scored in a game vs. Zane Trace

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Re: NY set school record of points scored in a game vs. Zane Trace

Post by buckfan2016 »

wrestlefan wrote:its our job to stop them
the 69th point was scored in the 4th quarter on a fade- it was in the air for roughly 40 yards
and it wasnt the last fade they attempted with their starters

whatever though- its our job to stop them
we have to get better
im glad our jvs got to get some playing time against their starters in the second half. it was good for them

Wrong. the last TD pass was in the 3rd quarter right after ZT scored. Still 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. NY only threw 7 times all night so not sure what you are complaining about. Watched Channel 15 and NY put in 2's and ZT blitzed their starting defense all 4 plays against our 2nd team offense.
Maybe next time you play NY your coaches and Athletic Director won't be looking ahead of where they will be playing the Burg and worry about advancing past NY first.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

not wrong
120 plays in game
play 101 was a 49 yard td pass
Last edited by wrestlefan on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

play number 108 was an incomplete fade fromnumber 8 to number 6

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

62 to 14 at halftime
SMH

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I especially liked the 2 guys who told me outside the gate that NY was about to break out the Basketballs because ZT has way too much speed for NY.
I laughed, he laughed, I said we will see at the end of the game. He said it would be over at halftime.

I bet that feller regrets being right.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

wrestlefan wrote:play number 108 was an incomplete fade fromnumber 8 to number 6
#6 Cook caught the last NY TD going towards the school end. I do believe I watched NY take a knee on the last play going towards the scoreboard end. So you better watch you film again Coach. Neither team scored in the 4th quarter anyway.
But like you said it is your job to stop them anyway. Just because you beat 2 TVC teams last year didn't mean you were going to do it again. Every year is a different year. But good luck next year and hope we get to play again. Good luck in the future.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I just checked my records, and NY scored more points in their game vs. Zane Trace on Saturday night than any other game in school history. The 69 points scored by the Buckeyes against Zane Trace beat the previous record of 68 points scored against Federal Hocking in 1980.

It's quite an accomplishment to set a school record in points scored in a game when playing ANY team, let alone against a team in the playoffs!

GO BUCKS!
that's pretty crazy. somehow I'd not seen this topic. very impressive.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

petesweaty wrote:How about the most points scored in a half in a playoff game? 62
yer kiddin ole bait 62 of these were scored in one half.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's crazy. in a playoff game no less.

bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
petesweaty wrote:How about the most points scored in a half in a playoff game? 62
yer kiddin ole bait 62 of these were scored in one half.
21 in the first quarter, 41 in the second, and 7 in the 3rd.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's nuts. I been sick with bronchial crap for a week from a sinus infection gone bad. can't even get out in cold air right now. I'd really liked to have seen this one.
me n a neighbor actually talked about coming down to see this from waverly. but I ain't taking that chance.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

wrestlefan wrote:And they were throwing fades with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Lol.
I'm not complaining. Its our job to stop em
Can you cry me a river? Take your aszz whippin and move on with your life. NY was throwing the ball to try to keep from scoring you jackasz. If they kept it on the ground all night they could have scored 100. Everyone knows passing is our biggest weakness, so passing to NY is almost like taking a knee to other teams, or at best running a dive play. So come to Jackson Saturday night and watch how the Burg handles a loss with dignity. You might learn something.

FEAR the 3! :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I know burg put up 68 in a game a few yrs ago against portsmouth handing them their first loss in the new diggs. We could have got 70 but we downed the ball on a 2 pt conversation attempt after the last td.

I'm not sure what our record is but I want to say we put up like 73 on waverly back in the 90s

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I bet Burg would've pulled up long before it got like that.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

P(irate) wrote:I bet Burg would've pulled up long before it got like that.
I think Burg fans are adult enough to take a loss and move on without crying about how much they lost by, or the other team passing, or whatever. That's why I invited the coach from ZT to the game at Jackson, so he can sit on the Burg side and see how to take a loss with some class. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”