Danville 44 Caldwell 34 Final

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Re: Region 25 Final 2. Caldwell vs 1. Danville

Post by J_Manziel2 »

kicker56 wrote:
Randyp5763 wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
What does this even mean about a D4 school? Danville beat two division 4 schools as well by a combined 118-0 score. Danville has also throttled two teams that are in the elite 8.
Yeah i was also confused about the D4 post too...

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

ttomcat 80 wrote:Clark is good.see the field cuts to back to weak side.Great runner.But you can't compare him to Danville QB.He can throw and run.Danville QB does not run 49 times in a game.He can throw and run.Caldwell front line is not that big 63 is their big man and he is good.but the rest are good players but not as big that was posted..Caldwell has good team but you can't run your QB every play and win a state title.Danville with 4 and 5 wide throwing and running makes offense harder to defend
Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I wish I could attend the game. I've have much respect for both schools.

CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

I am looking for a very good, lowing scoring, defensive battle this week. Caldwell is so one dimensional and stopping Clark is all you need to do...but that could be a tall task. I hope the OC thinks outside the box and has more than Clark left or Clark right in his game plan this week. If you have watched any Caldwell games from early season, you will know they do have several weapons that are not utilized. Mettler and Rayner have great speed and can run the ball well. They are not big, can be brought down easier, but they can gain positive yardage. Would love to see Ivey have 15 touches or so in a game for once. The kid is a bull and can pull away if he gets open.
Credit to the Skins coaching staff though, they find what is working and stick with it. Trimble Coach even stated in Athens Messenger they knew what was coming, radioed it down and still could not stop Clark.

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

kicker56 wrote:
Randyp5763 wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
What does this even mean about a D4 school? Danville beat two division 4 schools as well by a combined 118-0 score. Danville has also throttled two teams that are in the elite 8.
It's a numbers game, you potentially and by all means should have a better team. When a school has a class of 250 males vs another school that has 80. Well, there are potentially more kids with talents. That's all I'm saying, not discrediting either team.

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

J_Manziel2 wrote:
ttomcat 80 wrote:Clark is good.see the field cuts to back to weak side.Great runner.But you can't compare him to Danville QB.He can throw and run.Danville QB does not run 49 times in a game.He can throw and run.Caldwell front line is not that big 63 is their big man and he is good.but the rest are good players but not as big that was posted..Caldwell has good team but you can't run your QB every play and win a state title.Danville with 4 and 5 wide throwing and running makes offense harder to defend
Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more
I was surprised on the dropped passes as well. Gotta catch this Friday for sure though

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

CHS_skins wrote:I am looking for a very good, lowing scoring, defensive battle this week. Caldwell is so one dimensional and stopping Clark is all you need to do...but that could be a tall task. I hope the OC thinks outside the box and has more than Clark left or Clark right in his game plan this week. If you have watched any Caldwell games from early season, you will know they do have several weapons that are not utilized. Mettler and Rayner have great speed and can run the ball well. They are not big, can be brought down easier, but they can gain positive yardage. Would love to see Ivey have 15 touches or so in a game for once. The kid is a bull and can pull away if he gets open.
Credit to the Skins coaching staff though, they find what is working and stick with it. Trimble Coach even stated in Athens Messenger they knew what was coming, radioed it down and still could not stop Clark.
Thank you, ivey should have more contact with the ball! What's wrong with reaching into Ohio states play book and adding other plays.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Can't wait to watch these 2 good QBs play Friday night. I know a lot of people don't give Caldwell any chance but I have jumped on their bandwagon and they are a fun team to watch.
GO PVC..........

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would be shocked if Danville has their potent offense shut down.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I would be shocked if Danville has their potent offense shut down.
I don't think anyone thinks it will be shut down. Caldwell just has to limit the big plays and limit possessions. I would say that's the only formula to beat Danville. Bend but don't break so to speak. You can't score if you don't have the ball. I think there will be plenty of points scored though. I'm guessing both teams around 30.

TheLot
Waterboy

Post by TheLot »

J_Manziel2 wrote:
Caldwell QB is very uncomfortable when he throws. If a team can force them to throw they will cruise to victory. I understand that is a big if. The Caldwell QB in all reality a RB and throws the ball like a youth leaguer. I mean no disrespect but he is by no means an accurate passer.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Best way to beat Caldwell is big plays its hard to drive down the field on them. If Danville hits big plays they should win.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Any radio coverage for this game?

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

tomcat fan wrote:Any radio coverage for this game?
http://www.wqioradio.com/

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
Caldwell QB is very uncomfortable when he throws. If a team can force them to throw they will cruise to victory. I understand that is a big if. The Caldwell QB in all reality a RB and throws the ball like a youth leaguer. I mean no disrespect but he is by no means an accurate passer.
Yeah he's garbage. I don't know why the coaches even play him. Must be related to someone.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

:D
Last edited by J_Manziel2 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

if you think Danville qb cant throw the ball your in for a rude awakening. there is no holes in his game!!

xc88
Waterboy

Post by xc88 »

I hate it when your QB throws like a youth leaguer, and still carries his team to a region final.
You might not mean it but it is nothing but disrespectful.
No disrespect but your an a$$.
See I can do it too

xc88
Waterboy

Post by xc88 »

Dont think anyone is disputing Danville QB game
seems just caldwells

TheLot
Waterboy

Post by TheLot »

xc88 wrote:I hate it when your QB throws like a youth leaguer, and still carries his team to a region final.
You might not mean it but it is nothing but disrespectful.
No disrespect but your an a$$.
See I can do it too
Your right he did carry his team to a regional final. He did it with his legs because he doesn't have the ability to pass. He is a great runner though.

Return to “Football”