JV Team

Re: Danville 44 Caldwell 34 Final

Post by 1906 »

WOW CLOSE

That guy
Waterboy

Post by That guy »

Caldwell gave Danville all they wanted in this. Caldwell proved they deserved to be there.

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

That guy wrote:Caldwell gave Danville all they wanted in this. Caldwell proved they deserved to be there.
Absolutely, almost pulled off a win! Won by a touchdown which is what I thought would happen either way. Would love to see our region win it but I'm not so sure for Danville as the other teams in my opinon are better. Best of luck to all teams. Way to go skins! Very proud!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

One of the best games I watched in person all year.
Caldwell played their hearts out and has nothing to hang their heads low for.
Danville never really threw the ball downfield and still was able to find a way to pull out a hard earned win, against a very good team.
I heard many fans near where I set saying how horrible the score operator was and I agree. I think the ref had to stop the game five time, maybe six to have the clock corrected. Many fans were displeased with the PA sound and I agree, it was not very loud.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Who would have thought the qb who carried the ball 40 times would be danvilles. 39-204 on the ground and 19-23 236 through the air for him.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
I heard many fans near where I set saying how horrible the score operator was and I agree. I think the ref had to stop the game five time, maybe six to have the clock corrected. Many fans were displeased with the PA sound and I agree, it was not very loud.
Those things happen when the crew in the booth is NOT the normal ones from the host school and are unfamiliar with the equipment. The host crew was at the Zanesville game. Does the "home" team supply the crew for the booth during the playoffs?

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Caldwell players, coaches and most fans were class act! Clark and Ivey are real nice players too! Redskins never threw in the towel and fought back to make it a closer game then what it probably should have been, IMO... Danville learned a great lesson in that you can never let your guard down. Game was well in control but then got conservative and let a good team continue to have hope. That and several mental errors will need to get cleaned up for next week. Congrats Caldwell on a good season. Awesome job Danville and lets finish this thing!

Clock operator had a very bad night :(

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My game report is working. Due to not so good lighting where I set, the report won't have as many details as normal. I will also, as usually provide a link to pics. There will be over 100. Hope you enjoy them.

sbam
Waterboy

Post by sbam »

Congrats to Danville - always just one or two steps ahead of the Redskins. Your quarterback/line is outstanding. I'm interested to see if any Div 7 team can contain him. Best of luck in the final 4.

Any Redskins players, coaches, cheerleaders, band out there: you've brought so much spirit and unity to our tiny little community and have been an absolute pleasure to watch. Thanks for that. Your school enrollment is 144 kids. With (give or take) 40 football players, 40 band members, 10 cheerleaders, 2/3 of your school participate to make that football friday night magic. That's amazing. Small town football rocks! Be proud:)

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Good game to Caldwell, I'll give them credit they never gave up. This game showed how much one play can change the course of a game, this game was about to get ugly before half, Caldwell made the sack and caused a fumble and returned it for the score, and made Danville work the rest of the game. Thought we were going to be up 29-6 @ half. Other than that the highlight of the game was how bad the officiating was, let the kids play with emotion, the personal fouls were ridiculous it led to a TD for Danville and I feel was a make up call after they didn't call it for hitting the qb on a dead play, and led to Caldwell getting their defensive score. Another two went against Danville which left me baffled.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to Danville. I hope you win it all ya'll.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

kicker56 wrote:Good game to Caldwell, I'll give them credit they never gave up. This game showed how much one play can change the course of a game, this game was about to get ugly before half, Caldwell made the sack and caused a fumble and returned it for the score, and made Danville work the rest of the game. Thought we were going to be up 29-6 @ half. Other than that the highlight of the game was how bad the officiating was, let the kids play with emotion, the personal fouls were ridiculous it led to a TD for Danville and I feel was a make up call after they didn't call it for hitting the qb on a dead play, and led to Caldwell getting their defensive score. Another two went against Danville which left me baffled.
Agree 100% with this. The refs made some horrible calls against both teams, especially the personal fouls. If anyone can stop Durbin running, I want to see it. He is a load and Caldwell had no answer as he carried and ran over defensive lineman and linebackers. What an exciting game though! Couldn't have asked for more as two teams played hard nosed football. Good luck to the Blue Devils the rest of the way.

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Agree with you on Durbin. But what makes it is you can't get an advantage with numbers in the box. The best you can do is be even and go 6 vs 6 and sell out for run, when you do that Danville will torch you with the pass. In the 2nd half Danville was content bleeding the clock but when they finally did throw it went for a huge TD pass. Durbin is a heck of a QB, but I would have loved to have seen '04 team in this current offense, the qb they had may have been even better, faster and just a tad smaller than the Durbin. We moved him to fb in the wing t his Sr year and ran for over 2000 yards going to the final 4. Watch out for the next 2 years for Durbins little brother, not as big as big brother but more athletic a lot like his cousin who was the qb on '12 team.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

kicker56 wrote:Agree with you on Durbin. But what makes it is you can't get an advantage with numbers in the box. The best you can do is be even and go 6 vs 6 and sell out for run, when you do that Danville will torch you with the pass. In the 2nd half Danville was content bleeding the clock but when they finally did throw it went for a huge TD pass. Durbin is a heck of a QB, but I would have loved to have seen '04 team in this current offense, the qb they had may have been even better, faster and just a tad smaller than the Durbin. We moved him to fb in the wing t his Sr year and ran for over 2000 yards going to the final 4. Watch out for the next 2 years for Durbins little brother, not as big as big brother but more athletic a lot like his cousin who was the qb on '12 team.
How gutsy of a call was that pass with 1:25 left on the clock and Caldwell with 0 timeouts!? Durbin had to put it right on the money too because Caldwell was surprisingly in good coverage for the situation when everyone was thinking run or possibly screen. The QB matchup was as good as advertised. Danville was just a little better coached and had the athletes on the outside. It came down to Durbin imposing his will. Like you said, they play the numbers game and beat you accordingly. In my opinion, I don't see anyone stopping him even though everyone is saying McComb or Fort Recovery.

CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

Was a heck of a game to watch...in the end the better team won. Congrats to Danville and good luck this week, this Caldwell fan will be rooting for you!! Durbin is a beast and actually fun to watch him with the ball. Caldwell played a great game and proved they belonged on the field. Our "Youth League" quarterback, as some called him, did a phenomenal job keeping his team in the game. Caldwell certainly has nothing to hang their heads about in this one.

That guy
Waterboy

Post by That guy »

CHS_skins wrote:Was a heck of a game to watch...in the end the better team won. Congrats to Danville and good luck this week, this Caldwell fan will be rooting for you!! Durbin is a beast and actually fun to watch him with the ball. Caldwell played a great game and proved they belonged on the field. Our "Youth League" quarterback, as some called him, did a phenomenal job keeping his team in the game. Caldwell certainly has nothing to hang their heads about in this one.
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”