D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonville

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Re: D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonv

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:The Hathaway kid played QB primarily vs. Johnstown.... that's why it said one of
I gotcha! somebody was saying that they play two QB'S at times?
But the burg does to at times in the game as well ..

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I tried to find some info on the Freddies, but their school web site doesn't have anything except the schedule. They have a picture of the band, but not the team or even a roster. Anyone know where we can find a picture of the team or a roster?

Another thing, how in the world does a team that is located halfway between Columbus and Cleveland get put in the southeastern regional bracket? Whose bright idea was that? Why aren't they in the northeastern regional bracket? Since when is north central Ohio considered the southeast part of the state? Did the idoits at the OHSAA fail geography in school? It's not that I mind seeing the Burg play them, but why on earth make a team travel that far to play. Could you imagine if the Burg had finished 7th and had to travel that far for a 1st round playoff game. That is ridiculous. I know the people that run the OHSAA are morons, but that really takes the cake.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I wont be at the game, but I think it would be cool if Burg came out in the all orange...those unis are SWEET!!

GO SOC!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Burg_Grad_77 - I think it's due to school size and attempts to balance and equalize the 4 geographical areas in each Div; and that does make some sense.
You wouldn't want one area to have triple the number of schools in any given Div as the other 3 do, so the dividing lines have to be flexible.
In metropolitan areas there are fewer D 5 and 6 schools and more D 1 and 2; so the dividing lines get shifted to try to get as close to equally 1/4 of the number of schools of each Div defined in each 1/4 of a general geographical area where populations are wildly different.
And, yes, that does make for some strange geography for us here in the southeast because we have no big cities in our corner of the State and a preponderance of smaller Div schools; so some schools get "sucked" north or west from here to balance the "count", and vice versa. In that respect, I don't disagree with OHSAA's attempt to make the pie slices equal for all 6 Divisions - which is tough to do!
And now that I've said all that - I SAY WHOLEHEARTEDLY - GO WHEELERSBURG PIRATES
Last edited by caglewis on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think Burg can hang with the freddies. I think its almost better that their line is bigger. Makes it easier to block imo. Of course if they are as atheletic as big, who knows. I know the burg line is atheletic. Should be a great game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

http://www.youtube.com/mountvernonnews
Shows video of Freddies/MC

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

chicken_coop wrote:I wont be at the game, but I think it would be cool if Burg came out in the all orange...those unis are SWEET!!

GO SOC!!
They haven't worn those all year. I agree, they are very nice! Is there something in the OHSAA rules that says the visiting or lower seed team must wear white or does it just have to be a contrasting color?

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Good luck Wheelersburg. This was the rockinest crowd we had last year!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

4th n Goal wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:I wont be at the game, but I think it would be cool if Burg came out in the all orange...those unis are SWEET!!

GO SOC!!
They haven't worn those all year. I agree, they are very nice! Is there something in the OHSAA rules that says the visiting or lower seed team must wear white or does it just have to be a contrasting color?
4. The visiting team in football games shall wear white jerseys, and the home team shall wear jerseys of a contracting color (dark).

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/uniform.htm#FT

This is due to if there is a kid that is color blind, if both teams had on a solid dark color, he couldn't tell the difference.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

No. 23 looks like there stud RB. Looks like he likes to spin alot. In the highlights, they only passed a few times, but with the way they were running the ball, didn't really need to.

Burg just needs to come out and play the way they have on this 9 game winning streak.

Good luck Pirates

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

well i think in pole why wheelersburg is favorted so much is beacause every from there is on this site.
I think Frederricktown will take this region and possibly state.
The Freddies win big. 34-14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Can't wait for this one.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Can't wait for a great ballgame...Burg maybe the toughest team that the Freddies have to face this year...i see the BURG scoring quick and very often...after last year the Wheelersburg boys of fall are looking for redemption...GO BURG

PIRATES--49
Freddies--28

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

theair77 wrote:well i think in pole why wheelersburg is favorted so much is beacause every from there is on this site.
Region is very possible.....State will be Ursuline.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I can not give any edge to the Burg in this one except maybe coaching, since they have a new head coach. Everything looks real close to even on paper, size, speed, experience, special teams, strength of schedule. Offensively, freddies seem more balanced.

This will come down to old fashioned power of will. Who will break first? x-factor may be Shank of Burg. If he explodes in this game Burg will win but it will be close no matter what.

Go Burg!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Stryker wrote:
theair77 wrote:well i think in pole why wheelersburg is favorted so much is beacause every from there is on this site.
Yeah Ursuline is the real deal. It'd be an epic upset for them to lose! But thats why they play the game!
Wouldn't mind seeing Burg play them. Even if it turned ugly. Hey, it'd be the journey i'd enjoy.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:
Stryker wrote:
Yeah Ursuline is the real deal. It'd be an epic upset for them to lose! But thats why they play the game!
Wouldn't mind seeing Burg play them. Even if it turned ugly. Hey, it'd be the journey i'd enjoy.
i agree. the winner of this game will more than likely win the region next sat but IMHO whoever wins 19 their season will def come to a end in the state semi's. ursuline is def the REAL DEAL and it would be a upset of EPIC proportion for anyone in d5 to beat them.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

here's somethin to think about. because the winner of 19 will face them in the state semi's

Ursuline 42
Wheelersburg 14

Ursuline 40
Fredericktown 21

Ursuline 42
Minford 8

Ursuline 42
Oak Hill 13

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

According to jjhuddle they have the region winner playing region 20 but that can change at the region championship

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:According to jjhuddle they have the region winner playing region 20 but that can change at the region championship
the last couple yrs the winner of 19 plays the winner of 17. that would suck though to lose in the state finals that bad. at least you'd have a nice silver trophy that says d5 state runner up

Return to “Football”