Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by wobycat »

NY BUCKS wrote:Burg has shown that they are beatable. .if Ny hangs close we have a very good kicker..Ny pulls the upset.
How have they been shown beatable? No ones beat them yet.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

NY BUCKS wrote:I think Ny gives burg fits all night. .I think Ny pulls the upset..Ny has more than 1 weapon. .

As do the Pirates. You try to stop or double team one and the others will make you pay.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Waverly had burg on the ropes and fumbled inside the 5..west moved the ball on them also..if Ny gets that chance and the games on line..Ny will beat burg..

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Burg has shown that they are beatable. .if Ny hangs close we have a very good kicker..Ny pulls the upset.
How have they been shown beatable? No ones beat them yet.
I agree 100%. In what ways have we been proven as beatable?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

I have seen both play tho I seen NY play earlier in the season in a scrimmage against Waverly, and I seen them play Trimble I would say Burg has no problem in this game at all, and probably a running clock. Teams do improve tho as NY seems to be a pretty good team now. So anything is possible! Good luck to both teams.

State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

It looks as if NY has players that maybe didn't play earlier in the year? Someone tell me cause after watching the highlights of the zane trace game I think they have a true shot in this game...

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Any team can be beat.
No team is invincible.

Go Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

NY BUCKS wrote:Waverly had burg on the ropes and fumbled inside the 5..west moved the ball on them also..if Ny gets that chance and the games on line..Ny will beat burg..
West played well, moved the ball through the air a little, but nothing on the the ground, and had stil had no chance in that one. Waverly did have a chance to go up on burg even after the fumble but they couldn't stop the pirates after that series and most of the night.

To beat the burg, teams must win all three phases of the game. Not saying NY can't buy they are going to have to play like Waverly did against them and then hope burg makes some mistakes. It can be done but it's tough when all those things have to come into place. That's what makes burg good this year, balance in the three phases.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

burg has done what championship teams do, they answer the bell when tested. and they have continued to find a way to get it done. a lot of that has to do with good fundamentals and experience. these kids played in 15 games last year.that's an extra half a season to gain experience against playoff teams, and 11 this year so far. ny will have to play sound fundamental football to beat the burg. I think this has the potential to be a very good game. we expected burg to be back here. but perhaps not the buckeyes, it's good to see that team back in the hunt, I like the people there, their facilities and their program. and they have a storied past as well. great to see them clicking again.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's just more depth in the south.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is there a computer link an outsider could listen to this game on guys, either with burg or ny's organizations. if so let me know. I'd like to hear this one.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Excited to watch this one. Don't have a dog in the fight, but I see a close game here for most of it.

I would expect both teams to play well, because they are well coached, disciplined, and tough football teams.

My guess its a 7-point ballgame all the way up to the end and Burg scores to make it a 2 touchdown game.

Burg plays their game they should win this one.

NY has to avoid turnovers, all good teams win by forcing turnovers, and Burg is no exception.

AND DON'T FORGET YOUR $2 FOR PARKING!!! :D :D :D

I may not be able to outsmart too many people, but I can outwork 'em.
-Coach Woody Hayes
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:is there a computer link an outsider could listen to this game on guys, either with burg or ny's organizations. if so let me know. I'd like to hear this one.
The wxtq website will have the game bait.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

State7 wrote:It looks as if NY has players that maybe didn't play earlier in the year? Someone tell me cause after watching the highlights of the zane trace game I think they have a true shot in this game...
NY did move some kids around and since Mount went down week 10 we changed up how we use our backs.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

wobycat wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Waverly had burg on the ropes and fumbled inside the 5..west moved the ball on them also..if Ny gets that chance and the games on line..Ny will beat burg..
West played well, moved the ball through the air a little, but nothing on the the ground, and had stil had no chance in that one. Waverly did have a chance to go up on burg even after the fumble but they couldn't stop the pirates after that series and most of the night.

To beat the burg, teams must win all three phases of the game. Not saying NY can't buy they are going to have to play like Waverly did against them and then hope burg makes some mistakes. It can be done but it's tough when all those things have to come into place. That's what makes burg good this year, balance in the three phases.
Waverly had the ball on the one yard line in the second half ready to score before they snapped it over the quarterbacks head. Waverly looked like a jv team versus GVV last week.
A 3-7 West team had the ball in Wheelersburg territory down 10 in the 2nd half.
Other decent win was an average 6-4 Jackson team.
Wheelersburg has beaten no one and you make it sound like they are the 2nd coming .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:is there a computer link an outsider could listen to this game on guys, either with burg or ny's organizations. if so let me know. I'd like to hear this one.
The wxtq website will have the game bait.
burgfan.com is where you should listen Bait.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Waverly had the ball on the one yard line in the second half ready to score before they snapped it over the quarterbacks head. Waverly looked like a jv team versus GVV last week.
A 3-7 West team had the ball in Wheelersburg territory down 10 in the 2nd half.
Other decent win was an average 6-4 Jackson team.
Wheelersburg has beaten no one and you make it sound like they are the 2nd coming .
What's your point? Burg also had 42 points in the first half in the Ironton game(6th in the region) when they were completely healthy, I might add. Last week they put a running clock on a 9-1 ridgewood team. Waverly did have the ball on the one in the THIRD QUARTER. Plus they had three more chances to score. They didn't lose the ball. Burg gets it back and they drive the field to end the game.

Second Coming? Seriously? Do you know what that refers too? I'm all for giving props to me he burg but I'm not going to put them on the level of the savior of the world.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

2nd coming was poor use of words.

Ironton was bad. You know that.

Ridgewood won 5 games against Division 7 teams and had 1 win versus an 0-10 team. Lost by 20 to Sugarcreek Garaway.

Wheelersburg is good but you really inflate them imo.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm a fan. I'm sure of inflation. Honestly I've looked at past teams of burg and thought they were capable of more, only to eat crow. I'll definitely give credit when it's due.

We say Ironton is bad, ridgewood was this but could we also say that burg is just above every one else?

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

wobycat wrote:I'm a fan. I'm sure of inflation. Honestly I've looked at past teams of burg and thought they were capable of more, only to eat crow. I'll definitely give credit when it's due.

We say Ironton is bad, ridgewood was this but could we also say that burg is just above every one else?
From a neutral standpoint, not a Burg or NY fan (though I have deep respect for both programs) I think that's very fair to say. I personally think Wherlersburg wins comfortably on Saturday. Does that mean I think NY is bad? Of course not! I just think the Berg is that good. I think Ridgewood was a dang good ball team, I think Ironton was pretty good. Let's face it, in Ohio you really can't be a "bad" team and make the playoffs. There's obviously a lot of division in the playoffs and a lot of teams are on a whole different level than others, but there's quite a lot of programs that have never even experienced week 11 before. Are there teams that missed the playoffs in Ohio that could beat some that made it? I think obviously so especially if you mix divisions, but I just have a tough time calling any playoff team in Ohio a bad team.

Return to “Football”