Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

piratepride86
JV Team

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by piratepride86 »

Ironman92 wrote:Burg looked real good.

Good Zluck to them.

Hope both teams enjoyed the hospitality.
Very Much so

I think it is the best in the area , Thanks for Hosting.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The Nature Boy wrote:That's good. I think it would be a slap in Nelsonville face to have to host a week after a tough loss.
That would be pretty crappy but then again we are talkin about the ohsaa

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Honestly, it was probably the worst thing for NY to get Zane Trace last week. ZT was not a real playoff team, and that too easy win got NY out of the proper mindset needed for this game, in my opinion.

Playoff atmosphere in Jackson was awesome, great facility, although it was quite cold out. Still trying to warm up.

Noticed a couple posters absent on here tonight.... come get it, your crow is waiting!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg solid again tonight and if I'm not mistaken they didn't have any holding penalties. Not many penalties at all tonight which was refreshing to see. Defense played lights out again with some really nasty hits, two of which knocked both NY QB's out of the game. Hopefully both kids are okay. Great job by the Pirates tonight. They looked strong on both sides of the ball.

Great job by Jackson in hosting this game. They always do a fine job every time I have went there for a playoff game and the guys bringing the hot chocolate out to the crowd was genius. They had to make a ton of money doing that.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thoughts and prayers on a speedy recovery to the ny fan who was took out on a stretcher before the game started.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Good luck to the Burg next week from NY.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg solid again tonight and if I'm not mistaken they didn't have any holding penalties. Not many penalties at all tonight which was refreshing to see. Defense played lights out again with some really nasty hits, two of which knocked both NY QB's out of the game. Hopefully both kids are okay. Great job by the Pirates tonight. They looked strong on both sides of the ball.

Great job by Jackson in hosting this game. They always do a fine job every time I have went there for a playoff game and the guys bringing the hot chocolate out to the crowd was genius. They had to make a ton of money doing that.
They knocked #8 NY starting qb he was out for a little bit he came back in and played a while then Burg knocked him out for good late in the 4th quarter he was the only qb to be hurt and NY played a hard fought game Burg was just too much GO BURG

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

buckfan2016 wrote:Good luck to the Burg next week from NY.
Thanks and congrats on a great season NY you guys played hard to the very end

Burg grad 85
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

P(irate) wrote:Gameday prediction
NY 6
BURG 35
Nice guess

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

NY BUCKS wrote:I could see burg cocky against teams with a losing record against them. .Being cocky against a team that your even against is arrogant. .We will chop burg down. .what would be great is Ny put a running clock on you. .
Nice guess :roll:

SEOFAN
Waterboy

Post by SEOFAN »

Congrats to Wheelersburg. You have a fast disciplined team. Good luck going forward. Congrats to coach Ricchards and NY on a great turnaround season! Loved the venue, so nice job Jackson.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

2 years ago Valley beat NY in week 11 and went to NY the next week. Its not beyond the Ohsaa to do that again.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Congrats to Wheelersburg, clearly the team in SE Ohio that has put together a program that year in and year out is not only competitive but could be considered dominant. Not a team that relies on a cycle of good athletes once every 15 years or so, but just reloads it seems. Pretty impressive run for quite a while now.

Congrats to NY as well, thought they played hard, could have been a much closer game, but the last scores by Burg before halftime kind of made you play a game in the second half you weren't used to I think. Missing Mount also hurt, but great effort. Nice turnaround season for sure.

Good luck to Burg next week in yet another Regional Final game...3rd in a row? Right?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Dandy Don wrote:Congrats to Wheelersburg, clearly the team in SE Ohio that has put together a program that year in and year out is not only competitive but could be considered dominant. Not a team that relies on a cycle of good athletes once every 15 years or so, but just reloads it seems. Pretty impressive run for quite a while now.

Congrats to NY as well, thought they played hard, could have been a much closer game, but the last scores by Burg before halftime kind of made you play a game in the second half you weren't used to I think. Missing Mount also hurt, but great effort. Nice turnaround season for sure.

Good luck to Burg next week in yet another Regional Final game...3rd in a row? Right?
4th straight i believe

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 22 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Someone needs to fix the title. The final was 38-6, not 22-0.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: mad-dogg

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
The Nature Boy wrote:That's good. I think it would be a slap in Nelsonville face to have to host a week after a tough loss.
That would be pretty crappy but then again we are talkin about the ohsaa

Yeah because Nelsonville would hate to make any money by hosting the game. Newsflash, the school agrees to host or not, so if the game goes there then NYHS has shown interest and agreed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Wheelersburg 22 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens will be hosting burg vs redskins.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens will be hosting burg vs redskins.
AHS or peden

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”