DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:They said 5500 was in attendance and someone had mentioned that the stadium only held 3500.
5500 tickets sold that's not counting kids below kindergarten. Lol man that's a lot of people!!
WOW been at Waverly's stadium and that's just way to much for that stadium to hold but really with that number, Jackson is about the only stadium that was going to hold that. Told my wife they'd have more people then Jackson/Zanesville never heard a number the stands were almost full but I was on the home side and still was plenty of spots to be had, anyone who was standing along the fence simply chose to. Just around me within 4-5 rows in front of me was open seating for 15-20 people and that was just one small section. Hope Waverly takes something from this with 2 teams being so close together and so many schools in a small area you have to know everyone is going to come rolling in. Not going to be like that each time but that game was the perfect storm.

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Football44 wrote:So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?
ZT had 35 yards in the second half.. moving on...

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Football44 wrote:So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?
But they moved the ball well in the first half

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Moved the ball? They got shutout and barely had 100 yards. The only lineman that I heard was out was the center.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

P(irate) wrote:I couldn't imagine Waverly ever getting another regional championship game to host. The parking was horrible too. But I will say. It was a great atmosphere. Being 6'4" I didn't care to stand in the 4 the row. I can see over most anyone.
Oh yeah, forgot about the parking. I had to park at Wendy's and walk there a bit. Although it was a godsend when it was time to leave, very easy to get out of town.

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

theburgtheword wrote:Moved the ball? They got shutout and barely had 100 yards. The only lineman that I heard was out was the center.
Ok only 2 lineman there center and there left guard got taken out in the first half

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Football44 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
ZT had 126 total yards... that's not moving the ball well man.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote:WOW been at Waverly's stadium and that's just way to much for that stadium to hold but really with that number, Jackson is about the only stadium that was going to hold that. Told my wife they'd have more people then Jackson/Zanesville never heard a number the stands were almost full but I was on the home side and still was plenty of spots to be had, anyone who was standing along the fence simply chose to. Just around me within 4-5 rows in front of me was open seating for 15-20 people and that was just one small section. Hope Waverly takes something from this with 2 teams being so close together and so many schools in a small area you have to know everyone is going to come rolling in. Not going to be like that each time but that game was the perfect storm.
So, to no one's surprise, some SEO stadiums don't do a good job of hosting large crowds. New Lexington hosting Trimble/Caldwell last year, Waverly hosting 'Burg/Zane Trace this year.

With there being not many turf fields that have adequate seating that are also (near-)equidistant between two competing schools, this stuff happens. SEO fans bellyache all the time about "farther drives", but this is why you have those "farther drives".

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Parking at Wendy's isn't bad looking at a couple block walk, I walked that far at that Jackson game and was parked right there with everyone else. Anyone hear about the ZT boy who got hurt?? was curious what happened and if everything is going to be ok with the young man

Burggrad86
Waterboy

Post by Burggrad86 »

I would say we'll stack up better than ZT will. Prayers to the young man injured at the end of the game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm wondering if the boy that got hurt had a compound fracture or some kind of gruesome injury.

The way the ZT players reacted made me think that. Hope the young man has a speedy recovery and doesn't have any long term problems because of the injury.

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Football44 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote: ZT had 35 yards in the second half.. moving on...
ZT had 126 total yards... that's not moving the ball well man.
In the first half they moved the ball killed them self with penalties and turnovers

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

WNXT sideline reporter said on air it looked like a pretty serious knee injury. Probably ACL or other ligament damage if I had to guess.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol whatever you say hoss! @football44

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

The zt player was ty shanton and it was badly dislocated and a fracture.

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Lol whatever you say hoss! @football44
Give ZT credit where it is due. They had to sustainable drives. One ended with a missed field and another with a fumble. They did move the ball but it was only two drives. Wheelersburg did an excellent job adjusting at half time like they have all year. The second was a much different story.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

ZT's #11 Mallory is one of the best WRs I've seen all year. ZT made mistakes in the red zone and couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they had. 2nd half all W'burg.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote:ZT's #11 Mallory is one of the best WRs I've seen all year. ZT made mistakes in the red zone and couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they had. 2nd half all W'burg.

When was ZT in the red zone? They never made it into the red zone all night.

Not really sure what you saw out of the WR either. They had no success passing the ball all night long. The running game did well until they wore No. 44 out by running him to death in the 1st half. Your legs can only take so much of a beating before they get tired, plus he was flying all around the ball on defense and I think he just wore down

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

#11 made a few fantastic catches and usually made the first man miss. He's a great athlete, and wasn't afraid to catch the ball in traffic.

ZT had the ball twice, in the first half, in Pirate territory. They got called for a false start and then fumbled on the next play. 2nd time was a fumble and then the missed FG. It was a 47-yard try??

Maybe they were more at the 30 not exactly in the redzone. I was standing behind the goal post so it was difficult to tell. Those were the 2 drives I noticed ZT had success. They had a few 1st downs and ZT did move the ball before making mistakes and mental errors.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”