DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

IBTT
All Conference

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by IBTT »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
FIDO wrote:I appreciate the updates...can't listen on web
Glad I could help. I'd hope for the same if I had no way to listen.
As an Ironton fan , I'm not a hater like so many have become. It's just awful. I'm going to root for any team from SEO!!!
Go burg!
As an Ironton fan I believe this Wheelersburg team looks as good as any I have ever seen. To know of one major injury, it amazes me to know how good they have become. I will be rooting for the local team. Go Burg!! Looking good!!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

I personally thought Waverly did a great job of hosting. The people were fantastic. However i think none of the people on here are complaining
on the job that was done it was just that it was not a large enough facility to hold all the people. Thanks to the Waverly community for your hard work.
See you next year for another one (or two) of those fantastic brats.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Razor wrote:I believe Waverly did a great job considering the crowd in what was one of the largest ever at a football game in this area. With that being said, they are planning on adding several hundred more seats to at least the visitor side and maybe a few to the home side. But no matter what they do in terms of seating or parking, they could not have never warmly accommodated all of the fans that showed up last night

What I find hard to believe is how much people are aggressively complaining about parking and seating when there was no other neutral site available or willing to host anyway? At least you weren't playing at a smaller stadium on a two lane state route somehwere trying to off load the mass of humanity that watched the game. There are some on here with a sense of entitlement that leads me to believe they should have been given the Shoe the very least Peden as a venue. I have been to both of those and walked a heck of a lot farther than the maximum of 350 yards that was required Friday. Waverly should be commended for taking on the challenge....rather than lambasted with complaints.
Exactly! I've had to listen to years of complaining as people leave Boston Field. People work their Butts off to make these games happen and hardly anyone gives them any credit, they spent 3 days complaining about seating instead.
We live in a very ungrateful world and it would be nice if folks could point out the positives as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

O n B...you know many Americans are spoiled...they don't know discomfort...we've been to places where the only thought of the people is on how they'll feed their children for the day...The stories I could tell but wouldn't be believed...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FIDO wrote:O n B...you know many Americans are spoiled...they don't know discomfort...we've been to places where the only thought of the people is on how they'll feed their children for the day...The stories I could tell but wouldn't be believed...
Speaking truth fido is not allowed on here. What's the saying, wouldn't work in a pie factory? Waverly did a great job considering the crowd. Great atmosphere. Great job waverly. The local interest drove the attendance up.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

wobycat wrote:
FIDO wrote:O n B...you know many Americans are spoiled...they don't know discomfort...we've been to places where the only thought of the people is on how they'll feed their children for the day...The stories I could tell but wouldn't be believed...
Speaking truth fido is not allowed on here. What's the saying, wouldn't work in a pie factory? Waverly did a great job considering the crowd. Great atmosphere. Great job waverly. The local interest drove the attendance up.
Not judging...different folks have different experiences that help form the reality in which they live and perceive their truths...I'd say Waverly did a decent job considering it was their first year hosting playoff games, let alone a regional final....You can't learn lessons and improve performance unless you are in the game...It's easy to criticize until you are the one putting on the production...

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

I thought that Waverly did an excellent job! Brats were awesome touch! Hopefully they host every year. Nice short drive

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Razor wrote:I believe Waverly did a great job considering the crowd in what was one of the largest ever at a football game in this area. With that being said, they are planning on adding several hundred more seats to at least the visitor side and maybe a few to the home side. But no matter what they do in terms of seating or parking, they could not have never warmly accommodated all of the fans that showed up last night

What I find hard to believe is how much people are aggressively complaining about parking and seating when there was no other neutral site available or willing to host anyway? At least you weren't playing at a smaller stadium on a two lane state route somehwere trying to off load the mass of humanity that watched the game. There are some on here with a sense of entitlement that leads me to believe they should have been given the Shoe the very least Peden as a venue. I have been to both of those and walked a heck of a lot farther than the maximum of 350 yards that was required Friday. Waverly should be commended for taking on the challenge....rather than lambasted with complaints.
Excellent post! I would also add that WKKJ radio spent 5 minutes at half time of the game talking about how impressed they were with the job Waverly does hosting whether its basketball or football playoffs. I believe they stated it could be the premie football playoff location in southern Ohio once they add some additional seating. The new turf field as well as the new lighting is as good as it gets. As you just aren't going to find adequate parking that close to the stadium in hardly any other site. Not to mention other improvements are in the works as we speak. Hope to see a couple more playoff games at Waverly next season.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

As stated I want the burg to take this all the way. I absolutely do not think coldW will be overlooking anyone. They got their third best challenge from undefrated brookville in regional finals.

In most seasons their league has 2-3state champs, so they roll through the finals , after challenging league play like last year, smashing CCC.
I totally feel this will come down to line play & success of qb's. Their lines & QB will be the best you've faced. They are mostly an Amish town with 80% Amish players. They will be ready & im only posting because I've been lucky enough to see three complete games on film. You should see the horse & buggy shots from the west end of the stadium. Very little fan base @ 2/3 games.
Now, it seems a couple of others have seen some film so they know what I'm talking about.
Mirror image teams. I'm hoping burg's D is a bit better than Marion locals, because that's who got to the QB the fastest. He took some hits, but they readjusted @ half & ran king sustained drives to keep the lead & get the "W".
We should know shortly the pairings!!!
GO BURG GO!!

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

OHSAA Football website shows the "official" round 4 pairings will be announced at 2:30 PM Today.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

No one here is blaming Waverly for what happened. The folks at Waverly did an awesome job of taking care of the crowds and the parking problems. I think they handled it very well. This all falls on the OHSAA for picking a place that everyone, with the exception of the few idiots on the OHSAA, knew could not hold this crowd correctly. You can say what you want about me complaining and call me a whiner or whatever, but every one of you know this venue was not big enough for this game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Well then tell us a place big enough to hold the crowd(other than Jackson)and you didn't have a long distance to drive and not in one another's back yard??????

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Chillicothe who we had heard wanted the game. Burg fans would not have cared to drive there. The difference might have been 25 minutes.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Exactly, I would have no problem driving to Chilli for this game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Chillicothe who we had heard wanted the game. Burg fans would not have cared to drive there. The difference might have been 25 minutes.
I don't think Chilli put in for the game because they would have gotten it if they did. Also schools have to put bids in on these games and it is a possibility that chillis bid was just to high. It happens sometimes.

Burg fans would have had a cow about something no matter where it was played.

It will be the bathrooms, or the food, or the parking......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Gee, the last time I checked this was America and we are entitled to our opinions.

I'm not sure it is just Burg people complaining as a lot of ZT people had to stand as well.

Colonel
Waterboy

Post by Colonel »

Maybe Paul Brown Stadium will bid on Burg games next year. Maybe the folks at Chillicothe and Portsmouth didn't want to deal with the people from Burg? After all this crying I can understand why.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If you thought traffic and parking was a problem at Waverly (parking was not an issue), I can't imagine the traffic and parking NIGHTMARE you would have had with 6,000 people where the stadium is in Chillicothe. Even at Jackson you'd be parking off campus and walking (you would have a seat though). The issue Waverly needs to address for future playoff games is seating and they know that.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Jackson will use school buses and shuttle you up the hill

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Chillicothe who we had heard wanted the game. Burg fans would not have cared to drive there. The difference might have been 25 minutes.
I don't think Chilli put in for the game because they would have gotten it if they did. Also schools have to put bids in on these games and it is a possibility that chillis bid was just to high. It happens sometimes.

Burg fans would have had a cow about something no matter where it was played.

It will be the bathrooms, or the food, or the parking......

Hey keep is clean .....

Return to “Football”