DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Burg94 »

Hope all is ok with ZT player...hate to see it. Don't know if he plays basketball or not but tough luck for the kid. Hope he is ok. Good job Burg in all aspects of game...proud of you!! Also proud that 2 communities can support their kids the way they did tonight. Awesome crowd/turnout for both squads even if it took an hour from Walmart to school just to park (almost in Ross County)!! Just shows the support we all have down south. Thanks to both teams for an enjoyable evening after a tough week of work.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Don't know why it's on twitter by this guy when the official announcement comes Sunday

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Tribal Force wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:OHSAA Assistant Commissioner Jerry Snodgrass Says on Twitter that Coldwater will play Wheelersburg at Xenia
OHSAA are run by idiots. They hate southern Ohio teams and cater to Northern teams
Agree completely. Looks like they're hoping for a Coldwater/Canton CC championship game. Don't know why anyone would want to see that again. Hope Burg can spoil their plans.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burgbacker85 wrote:P(irate) this is the immaturity that most poster get annoyed by. We won celebrate but don't brag.
Not bragging. I'm just saying, they shouldn't get so butt hurt by an honest opinion.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Zane trace had some early mistakes and couldn't keep up. I will say that Zane trace fans were very loyal to their team, cheering at the end. Prayers for the young man who got hurt. Burg was dominant. Holden may have had a coming out party.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Prayers for the injured zt player! Congrats to the pirates!they controlled the whole game! Exciting to see holden get that td catch!! No mater who we play next burg will bring their a game and compete!!

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

P(irate) wrote:
Burgbacker85 wrote:P(irate) this is the immaturity that most poster get annoyed by. We won celebrate but don't brag.
Not bragging. I'm just saying, they shouldn't get so butt hurt by an honest opinion.
This is an I told you so post which is bragging. If you were a Pirate and grew up through the program you'd know that's not what we are about. Be proud but humble.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Tribal Force wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:OHSAA Assistant Commissioner Jerry Snodgrass Says on Twitter that Coldwater will play Wheelersburg at Xenia
OHSAA are run by idiots. They hate southern Ohio teams and cater to Northern teams
Here we go...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BobSugar wrote:
Tribal Force wrote:
Agree completely. Looks like they're hoping for a Coldwater/Canton CC championship game. Don't know why anyone would want to see that again. Hope Burg can spoil their plans.
Xenia?! How the hell is that fair. That's screwing us big time

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Madd Dogg: It's about 2 hrs for both, so a fair spot. Go 23 to Chillicothe, and then West on 35 to Dayton, and you'll run into Xenia, Ohio.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bezzer22
Waterboy

Post by Bezzer22 »

Tribal Force wrote:
Xenia has a nice stadium though and I mean Truman love #44 was our only answer

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
BobSugar wrote:
Tribal Force wrote: OHSAA are run by idiots. They hate southern Ohio teams and cater to Northern teams
Xenia?! How the hell is that fair. That's screwing us big time
Mapquest the distance between the two schools and Xenia. Closer to Coldwater by only 30 miles. Not as big of difference as you guys think. Consider Coldwater is the #1 team in the state and Wheelersburg is the #2 team the edge would go to them and based on distance it does.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

vladimir wrote:Madd Dogg: It's about 2 hrs for both, so a fair spot. Go 23 to Chillicothe, and then West on 35 to Dayton, and you'll run into Xenia, Ohio.
Coldwater/Wheelersburg & Edison/Canton Central Catholic makes more sense from the travel perspective than Coldwater/Edison, Coldwater/Canton Central Catholic, Wheelersburg/Canton Central Catholic, Wheelersburg/Edison. Of course, people will complain if you hung them with a new rope.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Indeed, it makes sense. Milan-Edison and Canton are within an hour of one another.

I honestly thought Coldwater/ Burg would play at U of Dayton's Stadium.
Last edited by vladimir on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I can't believe people are complaining about where they are gonna play in the final 4!!
Seriously??

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Just like this game. Idc if we play them in the street!!!!

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I can't believe people are complaining about where they are gonna play in the final 4!!
Seriously??
Some of the complaining comes from years past where the OHSAA has had the Southeastern Ohio teams such as Wheelersburg and Ironton travel long distances in the second and third round to play lower seeded teams. This I believe is justified.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BurgGrad6 wrote:Just like this game. Idc if we play them in the street!!!!
Their are a few hundred teams that would play on a gravel parking lot full of glass if it means being able to be in the final 4........
Regional final and state semi final games....... Just go where they tell you and back your team for Petes sake
I just can't rap my head around all the constant complaining about playoff sites.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Burgbacker85 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I can't believe people are complaining about where they are gonna play in the final 4!!
Seriously??
Some of the complaining comes from years past where the OHSAA has had the Southeastern Ohio teams such as Wheelersburg and Ironton travel long distances in the second and third round to play lower seeded teams. This I believe is justified.
I get it, but your in the state semi finals lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Just throwing it out there, Waverley was way to small for the game tonight!!! Lol

Return to “Football”