TVC Hocking Expansion

fortdawg
All Conference

TVC Hocking Expansion

Post by fortdawg »

The next time someone comes on here wanting to expand the TVC into 3 or more divisions remember this year.
We got 3 teams in and if the top seeded teams win we are guaranteed a TVC team playing 3 weeks from now.
Why would we want to mess with this?

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking Expansion

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Im all for dropping south galia or wahama that way the Hocking can have 3 non league games. If they want to add add one to the Ohio. Make it even. But definitely no expansion in 3 divisions

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Splitting up the Hocking is just dumb.
All the schools are pretty competitive with each other with a couple exceptions. All the schools are D7 and if you can finish in the top 3 you have an outstanding chance of making the playoffs.

I've never been a fan of expansion for the sake of expansion.
I wish the TVC members would bit the bullet and let Warren in the Ohio then call it a day.

I can't really speak to getting rid of South Gallia or Wahama because we don't have to deal with those teams or the travel in the TVC-OHIO.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

South Gallia is a good fit for TVC playing wise but the travel is the killer for Miller, Trimble and Waterford. If they were to drop them that is only reason I would see why. As far as Wahama. It is almost the same drive as to get to Southern. And competitively wise they fit. I know they in WV but it has worked thus far. So yea I understand to add one team to Ohio but Hocking should stay at same number cause yes it is a playoff machine.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Warren made the bed sleep in it..

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

I agree, expansion would be a mistake by the TVC. If it works, leave it alone. The SEOAL should not have expanded. It created travel concerns that over time did become issues for some districts. As for Warren, what issue have they caused the TVC? I believe they were part of the SEOAL since the late 80's.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Curious wrote:I agree, expansion would be a mistake by the TVC. If it works, leave it alone. The SEOAL should not have expanded. It created travel concerns that over time did become issues for some districts. As for Warren, what issue have they caused the TVC? I believe they were part of the SEOAL since the late 80's.
It appears there are still hard feelings over Warren's leaving the TVC 30 years ago. Seriously.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Who plays Warren in football now? If you see Alex, VC, Wellston, NY, and RV scheduling them yearly---then okay. If those teams don't........

It's the same in Baskdtball (Boys and Girls)---if you see Ohio teams playing them---let them in. If not, then schools are voting with their schedules.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

fortdawg wrote:Who plays Warren in football now? If you see Alex, VC, Wellston, NY, and RV scheduling them yearly---then okay. If those teams don't........

It's the same in Baskdtball (Boys and Girls)---if you see Ohio teams playing them---let them in. If not, then schools are voting with their schedules.
VC is picking Warren up in 2018 to replace Fed Hock.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Warren try to add more late season games with TVC Ohio teams.
I think Athens still plans on keeping them on the schedule as well.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I'm sure I'm about to get blasted with this idea, but the SOC evidently doesn't want Ironton St. Joe in their own backyard, and TVC is more than happy with nine schools in football, but for non-football, they don't like traveling to South Gallia (particularly Miller and Waterford, maybe Trimble). Yes, Ironton St. Joe is much farther than South Gallia, but with the right scheduling and protected rivalries set up, you can get a good 14 game schedule set up that would limit the Miller and Waterford traveling to South Gallia or Ironton St. Joe once a season and vice-versa (I have a similar, more detailed set-up for SOC I non-football should Webster be ever moved down and St. Joe ever be added). Obviously, the chances of this realistically happening are 0.000001%, but it's an interesting thought for non-football.

North Hocking:
Belpre, Federal Hocking, Miller, Trimble, Waterford
South Hocking:
Eastern, Ironton St. Joe, Southern, South Gallia, Wahama

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I could live with that KoonDogger---especially the Spring Sports.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

This thread is useless. The Hocking will not be adding any teams.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Logan would like to apply to the Hocking....

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

fortdawg wrote:The next time someone comes on here wanting to expand the TVC into 3 or more divisions remember this year.
We got 3 teams in and if the top seeded teams win we are guaranteed a TVC team playing 3 weeks from now.
Why would we want to mess with this?
Well if you didn't want to talk about why start the thread lol, now it's being talked about, smh.

Leave Hocking alone, add Warren to the Ohio, very simple.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Warren left the TVC back in the 1980's for one reason, Belpre and Nelsonville were getting in the football playoffs and they weren't. If I recall, back then the only top 2 teams in the region, which there were only 4 divisons, made the playoffs and Warren couldn't get enough points to get in even if they went 10-0, which I don't think they ever did and I think that they only won 2 TVC football titles at the most. Bigger schools in the SEOAL meant more points but you had to win games which Warren didn't win many in the SEOAL. I think they only won 1 football title but they have done well in all the other sports.

There are a few schools in the TVC that still hold a grudge against Warren for leaving, namely Vinton County who leads the charge to deny them membership whenever they apply.

I doubt that you will ever see Warren get back into the TVC even though they would be a good fit.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Dandy, this will always be an issue and I simply pointed out what people should look at when it's brought up.

I disagree that adding Warren would be a simple thing to do. If it's so simple---why hasn't it happened?

I don't see a majority of the Ohio wanting them. The Warriors need to look elsewhere.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

fortdawg wrote:Dandy, this will always be an issue and I simply pointed out what people should look at when it's brought up.

I disagree that adding Warren would be a simple thing to do. If it's so simple---why hasn't it happened?

I don't see a majority of the Ohio wanting them. The Warriors need to look elsewhere.
With respect to Warren, and with respect to the football season/schedule, once the TVC Ohio starts league play someone every week from Week 5-10 has to find a non-league opponent. If you add Warren, there is no "bye" week non-league game for someone, you have 8 teams and from the first week of league play until Week 10 it is all league games. Simpler in my mind.

The reason it has happened is simple, Warren may be not very good in football right now (probably not that way forever though) but they are good in about everything else - Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball and a little thing called Basketball. Their proficiency in these other sports is why it hasn't happened plain and simple.

The Warriors have looked elsewhere lol, where in the he!! else do you want them to look.

Sorry, I forgot this is supposed to be about not talking about not expanding in the Hocking. My bad.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Other than football Warren would be near the top in all other sports. Their football through 2017 to 2020 looks to becoming better. If they went into the TVC within three years they would be pushing for the TVC football title. Right now Warren is already in another league. They need to drop the seo teams and play more in their league.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

No Dandy you are the one who said this thread isn't about talking about expansion. So, enjoy arguing with yourself. hahahahahahaah

Noreply66, that's good that the Warriors are in a new league. I have no animosity towards the boys from Vincent and wish them luck.

Southernfan74
Waterboy

Post by Southernfan74 »

Not on Waterford's home field (No referee help)....Trimble 42 Waterford 14

Return to “Football”