Week 8 SVC: Westfall @ Adena

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Week 8 SVC: Westfall @ Adena

Post by blueskin »

Can't believe there isn't a thread. I'm looking for a higher scoring game with lots of running for Adena and lots of passing for Westfall. In the end, I predict Adena will break their losing streak to the Mustangs.

Adena 37
Westfall 28

Thoughts?
Last edited by blueskin on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

bman
SEO

Re: Week 8: Westfall @ Adena

Post by bman »

Should be a high scoring game. I'll take Westfall 41-34.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Again I will say it will be a trading of touchdowns. scoring on westfalls D easy, until the 4th quarter. Stopping Westfalls O from scoring not so easy.

Blueskin other than ZT any team that beats westfall in the league is ending a losing streak against them. It's been close a few times this year.

Question: what happened to Adena against ZT?

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

mstangmom wrote: Question: what happened to Adena against ZT?
I don't know. I didn't make it to that game. I will say that Adena is a different team than the one that lost to Greenfield and East Clinton. Seems like they are confident in what they are doing, and have a bit of a chip on their shoulder(s). It will be interesting to see how they come out against Westfall, a team they have been intimidated by in the past. It could turn into a wild one.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfalls downfall this year has been the D, they just don't seem to click until the 4th quarter.
But the O well it's basically the same ole O scoring TD's

So basically every game has been a game of trading TD's with the other team until the D wakes up

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

A battle of two different types of offensive teams in this game. Westfall airs it out, while Adena grinds it out on the ground. Adenas D is solid, but like most high school teams has a hard time against a good passing team. Westfalls D is suspect in both aspects, but have done just enough to keep a lead. This game being at Adena leads me to give them a slight edge. Good luck to both.

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

Mods, could you please make this a poll? Thanks.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

TTT this thread shouldn't get lost.......

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

this is the game of the year in the svc...period...winner gets the whole shooting match, imo....judging from scores,,other than zt....big edge to adena,,,,my prediction adena 34-21

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

When it comes to this westfall team, I quit judging by scores of previous games against other teams.

What I do know is this westfall team will score, and so will adena and this will be the closest game adena has ever had against westfall in many years. If nothing else this westfall team has made every game a nail bitter this year.

If adena wants to beat westfall they will have to stay on top of Staten non stop I believe he had 189 yds receiving last week alone and if I remember correctly he only had it thrown to him 4 times in that game. Williamson has gotten way stronger and way better at reading his men downfield.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

hard to score on em,,when you only get 3-4 possesions

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Amd why do you say there will only be 3 or 4 posessions?
The mustangs will do what needs to be done in this one just as they have in the rest of the games this season.

Yield
Waterboy

Post by Yield »

blueskin wrote:
I don't know. I didn't make it to that game. I will say that Adena is a different team than the one that lost to Greenfield and East Clinton.
Same team, just playing much weaker competition. I look for Adena to run the table from here on out.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Week 8 SVC: Westfall @ Adena

Post by eagles73Taylor »

When Adena runs the ball it keeps the clock moving. This means if they stack a few first downs together a 12 minute quarter can fly by! This limits how many times a team touches the ball. This is what scares you the most about this type of matchup. A throwing team has a lot more that can go wrong in a game like this.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

not to mention they have a very good onside recovery scheme,,after they are ahead,,to limit possesions even more.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Yield wrote:
blueskin wrote:
I don't know. I didn't make it to that game. I will say that Adena is a different team than the one that lost to Greenfield and East Clinton.
Same team, just playing much weaker competition. I look for Adena to run the table from here on out.
What are you talking about???? seriously did you even read before you answered?
My question was about the ZT (ZANE TRACE) a league game that the score was like 9-6 (Didn't look up the score trying to go from memory) and one of the weakest teams in the league.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

eagles73 wrote:When Adena runs the ball it keeps the clock moving. This means if they stack a few first downs together a 12 minute quarter can fly by! This limits how many times a team touches the ball. This is what scares you the most about this type of matchup. A throwing team has a lot more that can go wrong in a game like this.
Eagles I know what that means, and you know as well as PCD Westfall is not all about throwing the ball either.
Adena will score plenty but so will westfall in this one, I see another game for the mustangs where the score come down to the final

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

Adena is stong big fast and nasty
Westfall fast and likes to spread you out
Really i think the Dfence will decide this on an Adena wins
Adena-46 Westfall-14

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

The weather forecast is calling for 15-25 mph wind. That could have a major impact on the Westfall passing attack.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Oh you know west fall has this one! Watch and learn Piketon. :122246 :lol:

Return to “Football”