DV Region 19 Predictions

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: DV Region 19 Predictions

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bucks06 wrote:As a NY fan I wish we would get a series going with wheelersburg.

If also like to see teams like:
Amanda CC
Bloom Carroll
Liberty Union
Ironton

I like that we picked up Minford and Waverly for a home and away.
I'd also like to see the burg pick up acc or lu

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sport Fan wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
Nope. 11 games in, I think they've proved they are good enough. So many saying that burg won't win region, not as good as last year, etc. Outside of burgites of course. I get it. Everyone outside of burg deep down wants them to fail. That's natural, but to question that they aren't good enough to win region is ridiculous. Burg wins region 19, get used to the thought. It's easier to pick than the president.

First off, who questioned they were good enough? I stated my opinion that I don't think they will. Does that mean I don't think they are capable? Not at all.

I will stand by my opinions and if they are wrong I will own them. But I will also back them up. Here is why I don't think Wheelersburg wins the region. They very well could, but basically I feel that our region is as down as it has ever been. I mean way down. I think the quality of play locally this season is further apart from the rest of the state as it has been in sometime. I could be wrong here, but that is my opinion.

Last year Wheelersburg was pushed a lot more than they were this season. They played 3 playoff teams last year against 2 this year. Not much of a difference, but the quality of playoff teams was dramatically better last season. We can call Ironton a wash but I think they were slightly better last season. The only other playoff team Burg played this year was Waverly who pushed them for 48 minutes. Waverly was a solid football team, but were completely exposed last week. Valley View is good and a D4 school, but they manhandled Waverly. Last season Wheelersburg dominated Jackson. A D3 regional finalist. Wheelersburg did to Jackson what Jackson did to Watterson. Watterson competed better with State Champion Hartley than they did with that Jackson team. The Pirates also played Valley last season and did so in week 9. That was a Valley team with 17 starters back from a regional championship team. Wheelersburg handled the Indians when Valley was at full speed (before Romanello was injured). That (not at full speed) Valley team was a dropped pass or two away from beating a Grandview in the Regional semis that lost on the final play to State champions, Kirtland.

I guess what I am getting at is that Valley and Jackson were so much better than anything Wheelersburg has seen this season. Coshocton and Garaway's schedules aren't a whole lot better. But with Coshocton, I think the way they played Dover tells me they can hang with any D5.

Again, I could easily be very wrong and all this is just opinion.[/quote]

Thank you for your opinion and you are Wrong :D[/quote]

Based on?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
Nope. 11 games in, I think they've proved they are good enough. So many saying that burg won't win region, not as good as last year, etc. Outside of burgites of course. I get it. Everyone outside of burg deep down wants them to fail. That's natural, but to question that they aren't good enough to win region is ridiculous. Burg wins region 19, get used to the thought. It's easier to pick than the president.

First off, who questioned they were good enough? I stated my opinion that I don't think they will. Does that mean I don't think they are capable? Not at all.

I will stand by my opinions and if they are wrong I will own them. But I will also back them up. Here is why I don't think Wheelersburg wins the region. They very well could, but basically I feel that our region is as down as it has ever been. I mean way down. I think the quality of play locally this season is further apart from the rest of the state as it has been in sometime. I could be wrong here, but that is my opinion.

Last year Wheelersburg was pushed a lot more than they were this season. They played 3 playoff teams last year against 2 this year. Not much of a difference, but the quality of playoff teams was dramatically better last season. We can call Ironton a wash but I think they were slightly better last season. The only other playoff team Burg played this year was Waverly who pushed them for 48 minutes. Waverly was a solid football team, but were completely exposed last week. Valley View is good and a D4 school, but they manhandled Waverly. Last season Wheelersburg dominated Jackson. A D3 regional finalist. Wheelersburg did to Jackson what Jackson did to Watterson. Watterson competed better with State Champion Hartley than they did with that Jackson team. The Pirates also played Valley last season and did so in week 9. That was a Valley team with 17 starters back from a regional championship team. Wheelersburg handled the Indians when Valley was at full speed (before Romanello was injured). That (not at full speed) Valley team was a dropped pass or two away from beating a Grandview in the Regional semis that lost on the final play to State champions, Kirtland.

I guess what I am getting at is that Valley and Jackson were so much better than anything Wheelersburg has seen this season. Coshocton and Garaway's schedules aren't a whole lot better. But with Coshocton, I think the way they played Dover tells me they can hang with any D5.

Again, I could easily be very wrong and all this is just opinion.
Thank you for your opinion and you are Wrong :D[/quote]

Based on?[/quote]
So Jacksons losses came to very good teams. So you can't really say they were much better last year. They may have been a little better but not much. Valley was most definitely a dumpster fire compared to last year, I will give you that. Burg was tested against Waverly, all else weren't close. Ironton still made the playoffs but we all know why. Portsmouth was better but by far not there yet. Minford doesn't know who the heck they want to be and got rolled. West was a few plays away in almost every game from winning. There record could have been much better. Last year Burg had the same schedule with all the same results. They rolled everyone on their schedule. So idk what the hoopla is about.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Jackson didn't beat anyone with a pulse this season. The six teams they beat combined to win 20 games. Last year they beat Chillicothe, Granville, and an 8-2 Logan team in the regular season. Then rolled Bexley and handled Watterson in the playoffs. Jackson was leaps and bounds better in 2015.

The "hoopla" is just me backing up my opinions. Wheelersburg has a great chance to repeat as regional champions. Last season I had no doubts they were going to win the Region with ease. They were tested and better. It doesn't mean they won't win it again. I am just stating why I feel they won't. It the whole point of these boards.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jackson was much better last year, there coaches will tell you that. ironton showed absolutely nothing week 1 this year. last years ironton team had some talent. I didn't see much talent on this years ironton team

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote:Jackson didn't beat anyone with a pulse this season. The six teams they beat combined to win 20 games. Last year they beat Chillicothe, Granville, and an 8-2 Logan team in the regular season. Then rolled Bexley and handled Watterson in the playoffs. Jackson was leaps and bounds better in 2015.

The "hoopla" is just me backing up my opinions. Wheelersburg has a great chance to repeat as regional champions. Last season I had no doubts they were going to win the Region with ease. They were tested and better. It doesn't mean they won't win it again. I am just stating why I feel they won't. It the whole point of these boards.
Go look at the region. There's not one team left in it that can hold up the "we've had the best schedule" trophy. Coshoctons toughest test was a 3 point loss to a d3..7 and 4 Dover team. Garaway biggest win was a 27-7 win over ridgewood. Ridgewood wasn't that good compared to burg. This region is not strong, burg will win it fairly easy. The real test will come in the semi finals. That's where you will see if they're a contender or pretender.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:Jackson didn't beat anyone with a pulse this season. The six teams they beat combined to win 20 games. Last year they beat Chillicothe, Granville, and an 8-2 Logan team in the regular season. Then rolled Bexley and handled Watterson in the playoffs. Jackson was leaps and bounds better in 2015.

Go look at the region. There's not one team left in it that can hold up the "we've had the best schedule" trophy. Coshoctons toughest test was a 3 point loss to a d3..7 and 4 Dover team. Garaway biggest win was a 27-7 win over ridgewood. Ridgewood wasn't that good compared to burg. This region is not strong, burg will win it fairly easy. The real test will come in the semi finals. That's where you will see if they're a contender or pretender.

Well said

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

6 for 6 so far.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I am glad your opinion does not matter.... Burg rolls on Baby......

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Crab's Brother wrote:Wheelersburg over Ridgewood (Closer than expected)
NY beats ZT fairly comfortably
Garaway wins a war over LU
Coshocton handles Ironton by 2 scores (maybe more)

Wheelersburg pulls away late to beat NY
Coshocton wins in OT over Garaway

Coshocton comes back to beat Burg late and goes on to play CHCA in the state title game.

**Bold prediction...CHCA beats Coldwater for the Region 20 title.
7 for 7.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You missed the Coldwater game lol......just messing with you but pretty good picks

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote:

Coshocton comes back to beat Burg late and goes on to play CHCA in the state title game.

7 for 7.
I gave you credit on the other thread. I believe burg was good enough to beat them but they really hurt themselves in the first half. Coshoctons best defense is that controlling offense.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Looks like Crabs Brother is passing crow out left and right! lol

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

7 for 7.
I gave you credit on the other thread. I believe burg was good enough to beat them but they really hurt themselves in the first half. Coshoctons best defense is that controlling offense.
I must have overlooked that.

Facts are now out there...SE Ohio football is just several steps behind the rest of the state. And again, I am not saying Wheelersburg is at all. They are as good as anyone in D5. But a down SOC II, coupled with Jackson and Ironton taking a step back, and then the head scratchers of still playing Oak Hill and Fairland, and it all adds up to a football team that isn't prepared.

Wheelersburg went into week 13 having not been popped in the mouth. They also had never faced adversity. I just think that is a deadly combination. With the talent they have and the program they have built, bulking the schedule will have them owning the region and having at least a shot to play for the title.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Agree

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Crab's Brother wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
7 for 7.

Facts are now out there...SE Ohio football is just several steps behind the rest of the state. And again, I am not saying Wheelersburg is at all. They are as good as anyone in D5. But a down SOC II, coupled with Jackson and Ironton taking a step back, and then the head scratchers of still playing Oak Hill and Fairland, and it all adds up to a football team that isn't prepared.

Wheelersburg went into week 13 having not been popped in the mouth. They also had never faced adversity. I just think that is a deadly combination. With the talent they have and the program they have built, bulking the schedule will have them owning the region and having at least a shot to play for the title.
Both is not as good as anyone in D5
That's just silly

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Poo Bear wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Both is not as good as anyone in D5
That's just silly
Gonna assume you meant Burg, but yes they are. Talent wise, they are on par with the rest of the state. Their athletes can compete and win at that level. But they flat out are not prepared to play at that level.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crab's Brother wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
7 for 7.

Couldn't been said any better. Burg is good enough to win/compete for Regional title every year and will be so for the foreseeable future (they'll have around 70 players in their sophomore-senior classes next year). But if they want to compete/win past Regionals, they gotta upgrade the schedule, even if it means a few losses. Picking up Watterson and Chaminade-Julienne is definitely a start. And if true that Portsmouth is dropping them, Burg needs to send PHS a thank you note and capitalize by picking up another big-time opponent. SOC II plus OVC schedule will not prepare Burg to compete at the state level against 7-3 private schools who played a real schedule.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg will continue to be a power in southern Ohio as long as the Region is set up the way it is. Their ability to win the Region will depend on the re-alignment of the Region. If Columbus area Division V teams are re-assigned to this Region, it will go back to being a difficult division to win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ItsMyOpinion wrote:Wheelersburg will continue to be a power in southern Ohio as long as the Region is set up the way it is. Their ability to win the Region will depend on the re-alignment of the Region. If Columbus area Division V teams are re-assigned to this Region, it will go back to being a difficult division to win.
This is very true, but ramping up the schedule will make them a contender outside the region.

Return to “Football”