Coshocton 34 Ironton 11

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Re: Reg 19 #6 Ironton (7-3) @ #3 Coshocton (8-1)

Post by High Roller »

Teammates, their own parents, and the coaching staff need to hold Tiger athletes accountable that don't attend summer fitness/weights. Coaches need to tell the kids that don't come out on time at the start of the season to hit the bricks unless there is injury related circumstances.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Accountability is very important this season. They have finally hired Brandon Walker on as full time Strength and fitness director, this I was told was supposed to have happened in March of last year, but was not done until just recently. With him on staff, there should be no reason what so ever for these kids not to be in shape for next season. Last season had issues with not being able to start true training for the football players who were interested in training as soon as the season was out. Basically, true training never took place until the middle of March, and then it was a while before that all got straightened out. This year if these kids want to have teams anything like back in the 80s and 90s the training must start now. Coaches should be right on it. Last year, I happened to see firsthand the Wheelersburg coaches and training. It started the Monday following their loss in the playoffs. The kids had their maxes on the walls of the weight room and the coaches had them in their computers. The coaches knew what they would have to get out of their kids in order to win, and the kids had something to beat by looking up on the walls at the past years best players and teams had done. The coaches were studying film in November, and not just one or two..it was the whole coaching staff wanting to improve. That was impressive.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

I would think the Tiger staff should split this Saturday. Half should be watching NY vs Burg and the other half watching Coshocton vs Garaway. This is a golden opportunity to see region foes live. No excuse to not be in attendance scouting.

Next season starts today for everyone not playing basketball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

noreply66 wrote:Unless Bait changed something I don't see where He used the word punk

I think yA'LL KNOW ME LONG ENOUGH to know I didn't change anything.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I will have no part into turning this topic into anything negative. I was just saying don't outsiders start talking crap about us now the season is over. it may have been because of our 7 wins after you beat us that is a big part of why you were hosting a game in week 11. ironton has enough going on without putting words in fan's mouths. but suffice it to say. no ironton team in 50 years have set their goals to win the ovc or just make it to the playoffs. and the soc or the ovc does not prepare you for playing past week 10. unless you have an aggressive out of conference schedule and win those games which ironton did not. look at waverly d4 in the soc, barely got beat by burg, smashed by valley view. and they had a fine ball club this year. they really did. ironton may never be back at a level that fighting tiger fans are used to see playing on Friday nights. but we have a wealth of memories and are proud of the boys from past, present and future. and there are more sports than football involved here. and that's why these 2 leagues make sense. people refuse to admit that it does not matter when you play schools that are either right beside or in a big city. the talent pool changes greatly. it's like a pond where it's hard to catch a fish, as opposed to the same size pond that you catch so many your shoulders get sore reeling them in. you just have more to involve. I'm proud of the tigers and the coaches and the community. if they make changes realize it's never going to be lutz/burcham again.whether they make changes or not, and I'm not calling for that. get behind who you got n support them. the failures the fighting tigers are seeing are problems that take common sense to fix. but thanks for another great season. we love ya bait.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Good post YTB.
Wheelersburg is the best team around here right because of kids that moved in. They may have played in Wheelersburg's system for years but they aren't from Wheelersburg. The quarterback is the best player on the team. He is from South Webster. There are many others.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT AIN'T REALLY NO CONCERN OF MINE. I ALREADY KNOW A LOT OF THIS ANYWAY.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Ain't no one from irony going to say nuffin about playing with kids from another a chip district

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote:Good post YTB.
Wheelersburg is the best team around here right because of kids that moved in. They may have played in Wheelersburg's system for years but they aren't from Wheelersburg. The quarterback is the best player on the team. He is from South Webster. There are many others.
Enlighten us? How many drive in for open enrollment? Because if they live in the district, it doesn't matter where they came from. Does the quarterback drive in from south Webster? But honestly that wouldn't matter because Webster doesn't offer football and he would be allowed to play probably anyways. I'm from Kentucky, moved in when I was 5, graduated from burg, does that not make me a burg person? What about all those kids born at SOMC? Should they have been born at their house within porter township to qualify?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Noitall wrote:Ain't no one from irony going to say nuffin about playing with kids from another a chip district
noitall----------------- you probably got knocked over a lot at recess and maybe even had yer lunch money stoled.
there ain't no ironton posters on here gonna trash our program. too many memories. kids came in from adjoining districts in the past to get scholarships to play college ball,play for bob lutz and his legendary staff, win state titles, seoal titles, regional finals, etc.ain't a dang fool thing I can do about that. that did not happen when I played, you played ball there you lived there. whatever happened in recent years I have no idea. -------------------- but the same thing was/is going on everywhere in the state. you noitall, so you know this already. the only reason ironton was so hated was because they were so good with developing talent and playing into the 14th 15th game of the season. and they stepped on a lot of toes doing it. if you wonder where your fans are. they're traveling all over the state watching tiger football games back then. so our decline is something everybody that don't like ironton is trying to get their shots in at them now. no respect intended towards any ovc team at all here. but it was just a couple years ago that all the county schools wanted a piece of ironton, begged for it. now they are leagued up together. the talent is down in the soc and the ovc because there hain't no jobs here anymore.which translates to less people. it weren't that long ago there was A,AA,AAA. and ironton was AA. times have changed, programs n leadership have changed, staffs have changed, at least being a former fighting tiger I was taught to respect people and shake their hands win or lose. I only played through 10th. but i'll never forget it and the thrill of coming out of that ancient locker room where the ironton tanks roamed. to total pand-leeria. and packed houses on both sides, and hundreds of people standing around the fences as well. hard to even find a seat back then. so I understand a touch of jealousy, we take it as a compliment. WE RESPECT EVERYONE, FEAR NO ONE. someday somebodies gonna see that. and say ole bait said something I wanna put on a tee shirt.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just because a student is born in a certain school district does not mean he is forced to serve that school district for life. Some are a better fit at another school for various reasons. In our country we have many freedoms that are exploited in many ways not intended. If a student/family thinks another school gives them the best opportunity in life then go for it. Then the other school should look at improving and making themselves the best option. Instead of they went here first they stay.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree farmer. that dog'll hunt anywhere.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Lmfao!

timbo5252$
Waterboy

Post by timbo5252$ »

Well I for one was looking for another week, when you lose it's never fun but with all the injuries we had this season I'm glad we made the playoffs, there was a time earlier in the season I thought we may go 3 and 7, Coshoction was the better team but we can should not hang our head's, I think next year will be even better, Tigers, nice season, you blink and before you know it another season will be here.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

What style of offense did Coshocton run? Any players that are standouts?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If anyone read the Ironton sport section Sunday you know why football is not the same in Ironton. The article head line reads there were no expectations for this years team. Something of that nature. I would suggest if you have not read it take some time to look up the article.

G&g
Waterboy

Post by G&g »

vladimir wrote:What style of offense did Coshocton run? Any players that are standouts?
Coshocton runs a Wing T. Several good athletes that work very well together as a unit.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Oak,

Tell us all exactly when Wheelersburg's quarterback went to school at Webster.....or even lived in Webster for that matter. I'll save you some time.....NEVER!

Remember...you can't believe everything you read on this site. Actually, most of it isn't true at all.

His father graduated from Webster in 1991. That doesn't mean his son is from Webster. SMH.....

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Game day wrote:If anyone read the Ironton sport section Sunday you know why football is not the same in Ironton. The article head line reads there were no expectations for this years team. Something of that nature. I would suggest if you have not read it take some time to look up the article.
I think that is pure sad if an Ironton newspaper actually put that into type. I think every one of the players and the true fans all expected a lot out of this group of kids. Heck, if the ball would have bounced the other way this team could easily have been 9-1 and without all of the injuries it's hard to tell how far this team would have gone. I have to say game one Ironton wasn't prepared and until the Chesepeake game, most of the kids didn't actually have their feet under them. We had a lot of young kids who hadn't played ball in a few years that were starters and many who were trying out new positions. Next year I believe will be even better, maybe a special group. Go Tigers!!!

Return to “Football”