Coshocton 34 Ironton 11

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Reg 19 #6 Ironton (7-3) @ #3 Coshocton (8-1)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I am not sure ibtt may know. I know our 2 top running backs are out for the season, beyond that I'm not sure. but they were our 2 bellcows. it's a running back by committee type situation right now. but they had great blocking and completely gutted Portsmouth like a deer. and played really good defense. the 2 td kickoff returns were what I see as the biggest issue.they need to correct that this week, and stay in their lanes. and for the 1st time in a while ironton sports a fine kicking game. and the kicking coach told me they have a great 8th grader getting ready to fill on for our departing senior kicker. the team is very young overall. but showing some vast improvement. it will take good fundamental execution to beat Coshocton. and no 15 yarders for running their mouth. play football then head to the huddle. trust me the guy never met your sister. laugh it off and the next play dust his crops legal like. he'll get it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Like some of my buddy's here in the land of purple and white I say ironton by 3! BUT like moon said, it is the kiss of death!

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Abe Froman wrote:What is the Ironton injury situation.

Anyone that was hurt going to play? Who they missing now that played at beginning of the year?
The Klaiber kid is back to practicing, and should be back at center, but could possibly move over to guard depending on the defensive look.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Coshocton is the better team. Only loss was 24-21 to Dover. Dover went into Death Valley and scored at will on Steubenville. Dover also beat New Philadelphia. We all know New Philadelphia beat Canton Central Catholic.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I look for this one to be like the '09 matchup of Ironton and Coshocton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

softballfan2112 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:What is the Ironton injury situation.

Anyone that was hurt going to play? Who they missing now that played at beginning of the year?
The Klaiber kid is back to practicing, and should be back at center, but could possibly move over to guard depending on the defensive look.

that sounds great.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no way to say who's the better team on paper it looks that way obviously. but all bets are off after week 10. everybody has the same record. but I agree coshocton has to be favored.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kssx4XmkQrA

You tube video of Ironton and Coshocton playing in 2000...video by Mark Maine's.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jA9sbSUCM

Coshocton vs Dover complete game 10-14-16

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks man.
may watch the latter one in the morning.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

no problem Bait...that's a long haul for the Tigers to travel wise...Best of luck to those young men. Representing OVC and Lawrence County

Theherd83
Waterboy

Post by Theherd83 »

ive seen 4 games of coshocton this year via films and tigers are in trouble. they have big backs, not tall but loads to bring dowm. qb rolls out alot and hits down and outs well. number 20 is a beast to get down and 29 and 6 run jet sweeps well. only chink was their pass defense was spotty. i root for tigers but the bus ride and opponent is going to be hard. they"ll put 11 in box within 5 yards. be nice to hit deep balls against them. on another note: 2 teams that arent getting alot of press and understanding because of there location. creston norwayne and milan edison. teams to definetly keep an eye on. creston beat a great kenton team in championship a few years ago and milan edison was in state semis last year. just an observation

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Coshocton is the Dark Horse to the win the region. Ironton might have a long bus trip back. I am highly impressed with Ironton's turnaround in the second half of the season; however, even if Ironton was 100% healthy, this game would have been a tough row to hoe. I'll say Coshocton 35-14.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WELL WITH ALL THAT INTO CONSIDERATION THE ''FIGHTING TIGERS'' HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ''GIANT SLAYERS''.
AND NOBODY OUTSIDE EXPECTS THEM TO WIN. IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO PULL A BIG UPSET.
GOOD LUCK SATURDAY NIGHT TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS AGAINST COSHOCTON SCALP EM BABY. I'LL BE IN THE MANCAVE WITH THE BUCKS/HUSKERS ON TV AND THE COMPUTER ON WIRO LISTENING TO THE FIGHTING TIGERS,
IT'LL BE PANDA-- LEERIA UP IN THE BAITCAVE. LUZIANNE SWEET TEA N POPCORN WILL BE FLYIN EVERYWHERE.
YA'LL BE SAFE. GO BUCKS-- GO FIGHTING TIGERS , OLE BAIT LOVES YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Fighting Tigers, we'll be listening and cheering you on from Ontario, OH

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I like the Redskins in this one. Shockers are tough.

Have gun, will travel
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Good Luck Tigers

timbo5252$
Waterboy

Post by timbo5252$ »

Tigers have a rough road to hoe but I never thought we would make it this far, Great job Tigers! The last several games they have been on fire. So good luck Tigers, 1 at a time

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton plays smart ball control offense and mistake free Defense they can win.
Portsmouth had speed to burn and that Parker wow he was gone it seemed every time he touched the ball.
Question is does Coshocton have any speed on their team if they do could be a long night for Ironton.
I will take Ironton in a upset 17-13

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton has (3) of it's starting backs out for the season, all of which probably were just as important on the defensive side of the ball as on the offensive side. There are Andrew Scott (RB,CB,SFTY)(Ankle), Chase Rowe (RB,WR,CB,SFTY)(Concussion) and Tanner Wilson(LB,FB)(ACL). The only returning starter at running back off of last year's team to still be playing however is the only one who is left in Carrico. Last Season Scott played ball down in Atlanta Georgia. Most of his time in the ballgames was on the defensive side of the ball and when he did get in on the offensive side, he mostly was used as a receiver. He did well there when given opportunities, but they were very few. Chase Rowe last season was used mostly also defensively as he did a fine job keeping up with much taller individuals in many cases and winning most of the battles. On the offensive side of the ball, Mr. Rowe if I can remember correctly only dropped one pass that was sent in his direction last season. Mr. Wilson was having a fine season as a Defensive end last year prior to breaking his ankle. He was put in the game at tight end mostly for blocking purposes as a freshman last season and didn't see many balls. This year was a different story as Scott was the Premier Back and Wilson was the Power back with Caricco as the man in the middle to take it the rest of the time. Sometimes things don't work out how their planned.

Beyond the loss of these Starters, This Ironton Team Began the year without Current Starters on the the line of Senior Levi Langdon and Sophomore Cody Rowe. These two individuals have sure made some difference.

Ironton is also missing Sophomore Starting Lineman Brady Rowe with a Torn ACL, (Co-Backup QB/CB) Aiden Barnes, and as some might not have known unable to play this season Charlie Large. Charlie started out playing in early grade school for the tigers before moving up to Coal Grove. He decided to come back home his freshman season. When he did, as a freshman, he was having an amazing year, when he suffered an ACL injury in my opinion was during one of the best games I have seen the kid play. He is now feeling better than he had felt before and hoping to rebound this basketball season for the tigers and then next football season he plans on playing football. I have watched this kid grow up and he is a very talented athlete. He is a speedster and has proven to be a break away back as he played up through his 8th grade year prior to the injury. I believe this group of kids are a great group of athletes because they wouldn't allow each other to ever get too far in front of the other. They are competitors.

Ironton also has numerous other kids hurt that I can't remember by name, but #88 who is a senior wide receiver. He was really impressing me as he was playing his first year of football since grade school. I watched him in a JV game and I went up to him after the game and congratulated him on how well he had done. He was sure looking like a fine ball player. He was injured for the year that next week. Also out is sure handed Sophomore Quinn De Priest. I never played while his dad Mikey was playing, but I sure remember his Uncle Junie making amazing catches back while I was playing. I look to see plenty of those next season as this kid is a hard worker and has a don't quit attitude. Freshman QB Ryan Payne went out with a shoulder injury and Speedy Freshman back Jordan Grizzle also went out with a season ending injury.

With all this being said, Ironton is still looking mighty fine in my opinion. As I have said all year, for the first time in a while this group of kids are backed up quite well.

Ironton's Backfield: Caricco, (HB/CB/S) 3 year starting Junior, Duncan,(HB/LB/DE) Sophomore with good speed and strength, Pleasant, (FB/G/DE/LB) Junior with Good strength with speed to boot. Backup, Freshman Seth Fossum(HB/FB/DE/LB) and Freshman JoJo Burris(FB/LB). Fossum is a good kid who will run right over you and can also run away from you too. Burris will flat hit you and he can take a hit like no other.

Joining these kids are your two-year Starting Quarterback Jake Isaak (QB/S/CB). He has been doing it on the ground and in the air this season. His numbers don't do him justice in my opinion. At one of your end positions you have Eli Willis(TE/NG/CB). He has been fun to watch ever since he started getting to play at Ironton. He can catch anything near him and on defense he is everywhere. On the other side you have the Sophomore Humphreys who has been seeing the majority of playing time and Gayheart who just recently came back from a broken arm. Humphreys seems to get better every week and looks to see many more balls come his way. Gayheart, once he gets his bearings back, which I believe he has already done, he is going to be a load. He can play just about anywhere he is needed.

Outside of Brady Rowe, the line is all back to full go. Starting now are Webb, Morris, Langdon, Cody Rowe and Klaiber. Backing up on the line are two very strong Freshmen Hayden Topping and Hunter Eaches. Both of these two freshmen are crushing the weights.

Defensively the Tigers play pretty much the same group of kids with Bryson Thomas playing Corner as well as now being the back up at quarterback.

Ironton might be young and missing quite a few good athletes, but they have been playing without most of them for some time now and the young players are getting better every week. Should be a fun game this weekend. I'm sure these boys will play til the final second no matter. This team has a lot to look forward to. The 8th grade team went undefeated 8-0 this season and had the best year in many years at that level. Hopefully this group just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Go Tigers!!

Return to “Football”